Notices

supersport in a lifted SB?

Old 01-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #1
WheelinJ91 will become famous soon enough
Name: John
WheelinJ91's Tacoma Gallery
supersport in a lifted SB?

Hi all,

i was just wondering if anyone here has a short box Tacoma with a 3 or 6 inch lift , and hauls there sport bike in the box and if there is any info on how you got it into there (what ramp and such). I'm looking into this because i want to haul my R6 to the track and i also want a lift and for as long as possible stay away from buying another trailer.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
With a 6" lift, it wouldn't be much fun loading the bike into the bed with just a ramp. With a 3" lift you can load the bike in with a ramp. If you find a hill or a ditch to back up to to offset the height, it makes it a lot easier. I've got a folding ramp I believe from Ohio Steel.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
yeah, i don't do any extreme wheelin so i think a 3" lift with 32s or 33s would satisfy my needs both with the bike and the wheeling, i think i could just backup to the curb in front of the house and at the track just try and have someone help if no hill or ditch ...... i did see a ramp that i can rid up or walk it up with buut i don't know if it is long enough once a lift is there
Old 01-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #4
black cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
black cx's Tacoma Gallery
i do it no problem with my 3 inch lift...just reverse your truck into your driveway with a slight incline (rear wheels touching the bottom of the curb...it helps reduce the angle

oh yeah..i have a short bed..the rear tire sits on the tailgate
Old 01-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #5
Asowme good to know that someone else with the lift and tire size i want hauls there bike in the back of there DCSB 6spd, anyhow would just backing up to the curb infront of my house work? i dont hace a driveway that goes on an incline..... also what ramp are you using with your lift ? and do you wawlk up beside it or....?
Old 01-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #6
black cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shedblack cx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
black cx's Tacoma Gallery

thats how my bike sits on my taco (i am going to reinforce the tailgate soon)

you can buy the ramp from cyclegear/craigslist (make sure u tiedow the ramp to the truck when loading the bike so the ramp wont slip)

if your driveway dont have a incline...use your neighbors? haha i can push the bike onto my lifted taco by myself because my driveway has a incline
Old 01-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #7
I think if i go for long trips i will just put a piece of plywood in the box to destribute the waight. since i dunno what i would need to reinforce it.

Is there a spesific brand, length i will need since it will be lifted?

I have a boulevard in front of my house that is like 6-8 inches from the road. i probly will just use the neighbors.