1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OHV areas near Fort Rucker, AL

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by erion109, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Jan 7, 2012 at 6:00 AM
    erion109

erion109 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jayson
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD SPORT
    Weathertech FR & RR, DDM Tuning HID 55W 5000k Bi-Xenon, ARE topper, Yellow painted fog-lamp mod, anytime fog-lamp, Ipod interface, Red Top OPTIMA, Bilstein 5100s and 1.5 Toytech AAL, Redline Hoodstruts and EZdown tailgate.
    I bought my son a CRF50 for his birthday (still rocking the training wheels, but we're working on it) and I am looking for a place for him to ride. Unfortunately they wont allow riding on post, so something within 50 miles of Fort Rucker would be nice. I'm not necessarily looking for a track or trails, just a nice open area for him to get acclimated to riding. I do not have a bike down here (YET), so I will be viewing/assisting on foot. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Jan 7, 2012 at 4:41 PM
    erion109

Member:
    First Name:
    Jayson
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD SPORT
    Weathertech FR & RR, DDM Tuning HID 55W 5000k Bi-Xenon, ARE topper, Yellow painted fog-lamp mod, anytime fog-lamp, Ipod interface, Red Top OPTIMA, Bilstein 5100s and 1.5 Toytech AAL, Redline Hoodstruts and EZdown tailgate.
  3. Feb 18, 2012 at 6:08 PM
    rkd1119

rkd1119 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    L.A. (lower Alabama)
    Vehicle:
    ‘23 Trail Edition Ice Cap
    Try www.riderplanet-USA.com they have it broken down by state. There was a cool looking place near Chipley, FL and there's probably something near you in GA as well.

4. Feb 19, 2012 at 5:01 PM
    Hardscrabble

Hardscrabble Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    McDonough, GA
    Vehicle:
    ‘20 Sport M/T AC 4WD & '15 TRDOR DCSB 4WD
    A little of this and a little of that.
    Take a look at georgiaoffroad.com There is a track and trail riding list of places in Georgia & Alabama.

It's quite a drive, but you should go to Highland Park in Cedartown, GA. They rent bikes and also have cabins to stay in. The pee wee track area is nice for the kids that are just learning.

Good luck.

5. Feb 20, 2012 at 5:44 PM
    erion109

Member:
    First Name:
    Jayson
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD SPORT
    That's a pretty solid start. I appreciate the advice. That place in Cedartown sounds like a good weekend trip. He told me this weekend that he's ready to take off his training wheels, so maybe we can get on a pee wee track sooner than I had anticipated. Thanks again for the help!!!

6. Feb 20, 2012 at 5:51 PM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    May be quite a ride but me and my friends used to ride and camp out at Kentuck ORV near Anniston. http://www.cheahatrailriders.com/kentuck.html

It was a great place when we went there. Unless it's changed they have 23 miles of trails. It is more suited for ATV's but it depends on the type of riding you do.

Products Discussed in

To Top