Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

2012 KTM 500 EXC

Old 01-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
2012 KTM 500 EXC

Anybody here have a 2012 KTM 500 EXC? Thinking about getting one just want to know what any other owners think.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
Banned
4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4jeep is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-21-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
Banned

4x4jeep's Tacoma Gallery
No One?
Old 01-25-2012, 07:18 AM   #5
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 530EXC.

Are you looking for riding experiences? If so, you might want to check out the KTM demo truck schedule. They have a bunch of bikes--usually more XCW's than EXC's.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Kyle,
I don't have a KTM 500EXC, but like ian408 said, check out the demo truck schedule and when it's going to be at Highland Park Resort (KTM World) in Cedartown, GA, go there and ride the bike, or any other KTM. Good luck.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #7
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Im just barely starting to get into dirtbikes and i have been told by a friend that KTMs are a pretty weak bike, is that true? I always thought that they were a quality bike myself but have no experince with one.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #8
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunner View Post
Im just barely starting to get into dirtbikes and i have been told by a friend that KTMs are a pretty weak bike, is that true? I always thought that they were a quality bike myself but have no experince with one.
Weak? lol

the older ones, (pre 2004 or so) were pretty unreliable but the newer ones are some of the nicest bikes out there. I put probably 100 hours on a 2007 250SX on the same top end, never had a single issue with it that wasn't caused by neglect. Not to mention the engine in it pulls harder than my brother's 2010 YZ450F off the bottom end which is crazy for a 2 stroke.

Im assuming your friend has never rode one before
Old 02-17-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Only American to finish the Dakar this year...finished on a KTM. Guy who won? Oh, KTM too. In fact the Dakar has been won on a KTM since about 2001 or so. If you look at SX, they're doing pretty well there too.

I wouldn't say weak by any stretch.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #10
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Weak? lol

the older ones, (pre 2004 or so) were pretty unreliable but the newer ones are some of the nicest bikes out there. I put probably 100 hours on a 2007 250SX on the same top end, never had a single issue with it that wasn't caused by neglect. Not to mention the engine in it pulls harder than my brother's 2010 YZ450F off the bottom end which is crazy for a 2 stroke.

Im assuming your friend has never rode one before
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian408 View Post
Only American to finish the Dakar this year...finished on a KTM. Guy who won? Oh, KTM too. In fact the Dakar has been won on a KTM since about 2001 or so. If you look at SX, they're doing pretty well there too.

I wouldn't say weak by any stretch.

Hmm ok, that is what I had thought, they cant be weak since they are such a popular brand, I just started to think so too after him saying that and seeing a vid on Youtbe of one snapping in half after a pretty mellow jump but I did not know about their racing history. Thanks for the clarification fellas.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #11
braaap

haha I've also seen a youtube vid of a tacoma surviving a meteor strike...
Old 02-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #12

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
haha I've also seen a youtube vid of a tacoma surviving a meteor strike...
True Story
Old 02-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #13
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sloan
RenoTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmm ok, that is what I had thought, they cant be weak since they are such a popular brand, I just started to think so too after him saying that and seeing a vid on Youtbe of one snapping in half after a pretty mellow jump but I did not know about their racing history. Thanks for the clarification fellas.
Mellow??!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmHeqCm0RsE

Ktms are good bikes, wish I had one.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #14

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenoTacoma View Post
Mellow??!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmHeqCm0RsE

Ktms are good bikes, wish I had one.
Alright well I didnt remeber the degree of the jump that well apparently, but yup thats the vid
Old 02-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #15

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Well got damn, I just realized that was filmed in Bakersfield!!! WHOOO!! helll yeah, nothing ever happens here. But we got famous KTM crash vid!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #16
Petrol head
RenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedRenoTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Well got damn, I just realized that was filmed in Bakersfield!!! WHOOO!! helll yeah, nothing ever happens here. But we got famous KTM crash vid!!!
Panic revs are the worst, they are not fun
To the op, try to find somebody near you to try one out.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:17 PM   #17

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Panic revs are the worst, they are not fun
To the op, try to find somebody near you to try one out.

Panic Rev? What did he do wrong exactly?
Old 02-17-2012, 04:21 PM   #18
Petrol head

Quote:
Panic Rev? What did he do wrong exactly?
Watch right before he goes off the jump the rear gets unsettled it looks like and throws the rear end up. Panic rev is where your nose dives and you rev it in the air to get it back up.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:23 PM   #19
is one of the sharper tools in the shed
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
truckboattruck's Tacoma Gallery
i can play this game too...

Old 02-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #20

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Watch right before he goes off the jump the rear gets unsettled it looks like and throws the rear end up. Panic rev is where your nose dives and you rev it in the air to get it back up.

Oh ok, I thought it was something that caused him to come in that horrible angle.