Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Riding gear

Old 02-20-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Riding gear

Lookin for some input from everyone... I'm looking to get a pair of riding gloves, I wan't something with palm padding and I refuse to spend more than 50 bucks on a pair of gloves... What do you guys and girls wear to protect your hands?
Old 02-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
Bajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Remote Duty Paramedic
Bajatacoma's Tacoma Gallery
What type of riding? On-road, racing, dual sport, off-road? Cold weather, hot weather, waterproof?

I've got six or seven pairs but for most of my warm/hot weather on-road stuff I wear Olympia, For most of my dual sporting/off-road I wear Klims or an old pair of Joe Rockets that I like.

I tend to prefer leather gloves and some form of knuckle protection after blowing out a pair of non-leather gloves in a slide. You can find good deals on closeouts and last years models but whatever you do I'd buy decent quality.

I'd also highly recommend trying on several manufacturers gloves if you can as sizing tends to vary. Be sure to grip something the size of your handlebar when trying them on. One thing I've found is that a lot of manufacturers thumbs are too short if you have larger hands. This puts pressure on the end of your thumbs and causes hand cramping; in my experience this is more a more common cause of cramping than just gripping the bars.

YMMV