Notices

MV Agusta F3 or Ducati 848

View Poll Results: Which one:
MV Agusta F3 16 50.00%
Ducati 848 Evo 16 50.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #21
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremachn1 View Post
I have both several Ducati's and an MV F4 312RR. I love my MV more but it is WAY more maintinance intesive and not as easy to ride around town. It wants to be wide open all the time. Plus the cost of upkeep is 2-3 times the ducati.

I say the 848, you wont be upset about it at all. The only thing I caution about is the riding of a V-twin is way differant than an inline and took me a little to get used to as well.

Either is a great bike and you will love them.
Maintenance, so true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowrs View Post
True, but in that sense, the MV is considered the "two wheel" lambo....more exlusive than ducs, and in my humble opinion, the F4 is the sexiest bike ever created...the F3 is very close....amazing lines!
No argument, but the maintenance bit bugs me to no end...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Damn, I'd love to be in the position to have to make that decision for myself
Indeed..
Old 02-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #22
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowrs View Post
My track beast is a 07 R6..or was...it was stolen. I still have TONS of parts for it (several fairing sets, several wheel sets, etc) so I am going to get another of the same (06/07 R6) for track...they are amazing bikes on the tack, once you can get the RPM into the stratosphere they take off!
i prefer the motor on the 08+ r6r ...i feel its smoother an pulls better up top... and you are right they are beasts on the track.....with that being said i would go with the MV....they are much smoother then the ducocky and on the street a smoother ride....not to mention the crazy sound they have...

i miss my r6

Old 02-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #24
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
I've always liked MV more. Ducati just isn't my type of bike style wise. But both bikes won't do you wrong.
You do know the guy who designed the 916/996/998, the most iconic sport bike design EVER is the same guy who designed the MV Agusta F4 (same essential design as the new F3)... The 848 & 1098/1198 was a throw back to the original 916 design after the 999 almost bankrupted them.

Ok, just some dollar figures and the newer ones are not a much but this gives you an idea.
2009 F4 312RR, 800 mile service with checking valves - $1285 plus $500 for installation of metal fan blades, high flow impeller, and engine ice. The F4 was notorious for overheating. I would run around 200 degrees doing 60 mph in seattle. The bike was built to be doing 100+ mph's.

2002 Ducati 998s, 10,000 mile service with cam belts, full tune up and service, new steering head bearing - $1050.

Dont be shocked by maint prices when you take them in. Expect to pay $100/hr for service, especially for an MV.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:41 AM   #25
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Here is my Stable.. Enjoy...

The exhaust on my MV. I love this bike so much.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:43 AM   #26
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Love the lines of the MV
Old 02-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #27
Shetto24 is on a distinguished road

Shetto24's Tacoma Gallery
@ extrememachn1 : SICK.

Off topic. Being older and a little more speed conservative now, I'm thinking about a 796 Monster. Aesthetically, it's sexy as f--k. Any thoughts?
Old 02-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shetto24 View Post
@ extrememachn1 : SICK.

Off topic. Being older and a little more speed conservative now, I'm thinking about a 796 Monster. Aesthetically, it's sexy as f--k. Any thoughts?
Thanks, I have spent a lot of time in Iraq, Afghanistan, Egypt, and other parts of the world to have all the toys I do so...

I personally love the lines on the monster. Never been to keen on the dual spark engine (same one thats in my Hyper). I dont think you can go wrong with it, its a great and classic bike.

My opinion, if you want pure sex and money isnt an option go with the MV. If you want something a bit more user friendly but still will rock your world, go with the Ducati.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:29 AM   #29
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Pure sex. Pure sex. Pure sex. Pure sex. Pure sex. Pure sex.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #30
BOOM goes the dynamite!
greenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Ian
greenguy3's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely get the MV, they're sweet...all the ducs over here in Italy are broken POSs
Old 03-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #31
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
OK, well I couldnt wait for the F3 to come out so I picked up an 848....once the F3 comes out, maybe I will check it out as well. but for the time being...my new baby on her way home:

She is an entirely different animal than my R6 track bike, the V-twin has nice feeling, though clearly not built for streets. Running though parkinglots is hard because her RPM is so low i have to either slip the clutch or speed up way to fast for parkinglots....going down the freeway at 80 mph, i have to stay in 3rd or 4th..if I hit 5th or 6th, her RPMs are way down in they mud.....she is a beast.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #32
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
damit I should have gotten the hi clearance bumper

oh and congrats on the new bike
Old 03-11-2012, 09:27 PM   #33
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Mv