Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

MV Agusta F3 or Ducati 848

View Poll Results: Which one:
MV Agusta F3 16 50.00%
Ducati 848 Evo 16 50.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
barlowrs's Tacoma Gallery
MV Agusta F3 or Ducati 848

I am getting a new track bike to replace the one that was recently stolen, but figured I might as well get something for the streets as well...so MV Agusta F3 or Ducati 848 (this is for street not track....will have a different bike for track)

MV Agusta F3:

Ducati 848 evo (would probably swap for black wheels, not feeling the red):

Old 02-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
Ive got tiger blood
0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
0BlackTaco6's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a tough one man. They are both sick bikes. I dont know if i could decide.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
FARK

that's a tough one
Old 02-23-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Both are S-E-X-Y

The MV is slightly more exclusive.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Im a fan of the 848 was thinking of getting one myself both are sexy tho!
Old 02-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #6
Tacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacolover443's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know. They are both awesome but i think the MV is better looking.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #7
tacoandy is on a distinguished road

Army: 11b
Name: Andy
tacoandy's Tacoma Gallery
Loved my 796 monster , gotta go with Ducati ...
Old 02-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #8
korslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
korslite's Tacoma Gallery
I've loved my 848 for the last few yrs and still do, that being said, triples are pretty sweet for street riding. If its half as smooth as the 675 triple in the triumphs it's worthy of serious consideration. Does your local dealer have a demo available for rides? I know Ducati has a good demo program, not sure on the MV. I'd try to ride them both if at all possible. I have a feeling the MV is gonna be better for those times you may spend at "around town" speeds. The Ducati does not like those speeds, gets a little rough at real low rpms and has a fairly heavy clutch pull even with the wet clutch.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #9
korslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
korslite's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by barlowrs View Post

Ducati 848 evo (would probably swap for black wheels, not feeling the red):

Probably really aren't diggin my wheels then! It's not for everyone that's for sure.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:19 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
CANT ..... MAKE ..............CHOICE!!!!!
Old 02-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #11
Shetto24 is on a distinguished road

Shetto24's Tacoma Gallery
Can't go wrong with either! TOUGH. If I was fortunate enough to pick up two...1 for track 1 for street...I'd probably SLIGHTLY lean towards the MV based purely on exclusiveness as mentioned above.

PS. What kind of track bike?
Old 02-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #12
tbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtbturner47 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
tbturner47's Tacoma Gallery
I've always been a ducati fan, but in this situation I'd go with the mv simply because no one has it (in my area, lol prolly more in cali though.) I've never rode one, but I'm sure its like getting a BJ.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #13
barlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shedbarlowrs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shetto24 View Post
Can't go wrong with either! TOUGH. If I was fortunate enough to pick up two...1 for track 1 for street...I'd probably SLIGHTLY lean towards the MV based purely on exclusiveness as mentioned above.

PS. What kind of track bike?
My track beast is a 07 R6..or was...it was stolen. I still have TONS of parts for it (several fairing sets, several wheel sets, etc) so I am going to get another of the same (06/07 R6) for track...they are amazing bikes on the tack, once you can get the RPM into the stratosphere they take off!
Old 02-24-2012, 07:24 AM   #14
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery

EVO 848
Old 02-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #15
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
I'd go for an Aprilia Tuono liter bike, but between your poll, the Ducati bar none. Nothing sounds and moves like the "two wheel" Ferrari...
Old 02-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #16
I am an asshole, deal with it!
extremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedextremachn1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Chief Fire Controlman, Phalanx, CG-49, LCC-19, FFG-37, LPWS C-RAM 5-5 ADA A Battery
Name: Turd Furgison
extremachn1's Tacoma Gallery
I have both several Ducati's and an MV F4 312RR. I love my MV more but it is WAY more maintinance intesive and not as easy to ride around town. It wants to be wide open all the time. Plus the cost of upkeep is 2-3 times the ducati.

I say the 848, you wont be upset about it at all. The only thing I caution about is the riding of a V-twin is way differant than an inline and took me a little to get used to as well.

Either is a great bike and you will love them.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #17
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I've always liked MV more. Ducati just isn't my type of bike style wise. But both bikes won't do you wrong.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
I'd go for an Aprilia Tuono liter bike, but between your poll, the Ducati bar none. Nothing sounds and moves like the "two wheel" Ferrari...
True, but in that sense, the MV is considered the "two wheel" lambo....more exlusive than ducs, and in my humble opinion, the F4 is the sexiest bike ever created...the F3 is very close....amazing lines!
Old 02-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #19
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Ducati FTW!
Old 02-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #20
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, I'd love to be in the position to have to make that decision for myself

Personally, I'd go with the MV, I love their bikes!