Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Motorcycle tires

Old 03-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
Motorcycle tires

I am considering 3 tires for my bike:

Pirelli angel st
Pirelli diablo rosso II
Battlaxe 023

Any opinions?

Thanks
Old 04-10-2012, 04:31 AM   #2
Omar will become famous soon enough

Omar's Tacoma Gallery
what type of bike and what type of riding do you do
Old 04-10-2012, 05:08 AM   #3
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
here is his bike

He recently upgraded his streamers to carbon fiber for less wind resistance.

I told him he needs to get rid of the white walls - thats shits just fugly
Old 04-10-2012, 05:16 AM   #4
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DdayIsNear View Post
I am considering 3 tires for my bike:

Pirelli angel st
Pirelli diablo rosso II
Battlaxe 023

Any opinions?

Thanks
silly kid motorcycles have 2 tires
Old 04-10-2012, 05:25 AM   #5
korslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
korslite's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
silly kid motorcycles have 2 tires
Maybe he's running a full size spare... in the factory location

My bike had some OEM version of the Pirelli Super Corsa's or some crap like that on it when i bought it and I never liked the feel of the front, never inspired much confidence for me. I switched to a set of Michellin Pilot Power 2cts for the current set and I have LOVED them. I would reccomend them for sure simply based on personal feel. For me they have seemed much more stable and provide more feel at the front end on varying road surfaces you encounter in normal spirited road riding. I will buy another set when these are done.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:26 AM   #6
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
meh..... Eddie can't buy new tires anyway...all his stamps are out of date and his paypal is fubar
Old 04-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #7
chvymechanic is on a distinguished road
Name: Thomas
chvymechanic's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to chvymechanic
I recommend Michelin Pilot Power. Read a lot of great reviews before I put them on my Ducati.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #8
stphnman20 will become famous soon enoughstphnman20 will become famous soon enough
Marines:
stphnman20's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chvymechanic View Post
I recommend Michelin Pilot Power. Read a lot of great reviews before I put them on my Ducati.
+1 I use Michelin PP's for the streets and the track. Great tires!
Old 04-10-2012, 07:41 AM   #9
gooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgooch14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
Name: Kyle
gooch14's Tacoma Gallery
Dunlop 606

Old 04-10-2012, 07:47 AM   #10
speedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedfreek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
speedfreek's Tacoma Gallery
Out of the ones you listed I would run the Diablo Rosso II.

I am currently running Battlax BT016 on my bike and have nothing but good things to say about them.

The Michelin PP's are also a good choice.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #11
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by chvymechanic View Post
+2,P/Pcts-2's here.I like 'em.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:13 AM   #12
facemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
facemob's Tacoma Gallery
Michelin all the way for a sport bike . I have ran pilots before the pilot "power" was even a thing. Great tire. I run the powers now. no complaints

Sorry , i know this wasnt one of your choices you threw out there but i have to agree with the other guys here.

http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/in...nt=performance
Old 05-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #13
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Michelin pp or pp2ct. Which one and why. I went to buy today and can't decide between the 2.

Also what chain and rocket company to go with?
Old 05-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #14
Banned
Old 05-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #15
Banned
Old 05-21-2012, 11:11 PM   #16
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Michelin pp or pp2ct. Which one and why. I went to buy today and can't decide between the 2.

dam where you get these rockets
Old 05-22-2012, 04:51 AM   #17
facemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

facemob's Tacoma Gallery
for chains and sprocket check out motomummy.com , great customer service, and the best prices. I would definitely go with Driven for the sprockets, and i like EK for chains, the MVXZ specifically. They make a super strong chain (520 conversion on a 1000) and have a great reputation.
Definitely save the money and do the sprocket job yourself. Also you can change your gearing if you desire for quicker acceleration (in turn takes down top speed, so if your on the highway alot this may not be a great idea).

That stupid orange chain in my sig is a MVXZ by the way
Old 05-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #18
TheEh-Team.ca
buck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
buck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Pilot Power (PP) and Pilot Power 2CT are same, except for 2CT have softer rubber on the edges of the tires.

If you are going to track the bike, look at Power Pure's. They have a wider band of softer rubber on the sides. If you are an aggressive street rider, and use your tires right up to the edge, go for the 2CT. If you are a casual street rider and don't make use of the full edge of the tire, PP's will be fine.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #19

facemob's Tacoma Gallery
^ true story. i definitely like the concept of harder rubber in the center for speed and softer on the outsides for cornering.