Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Victory is Mine!

Old 04-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #1
jackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: Goddamned Paratrooper
Name: Mike
jackwithcorona's Tacoma Gallery
Victory is Mine!

Just traded in my 2006 Suzuki SV650....

So sad to see her go, but my legs were just too long for anything over a 50 mile ride... So I decided to pull the trigger on my new toy....
A 2012 Victory Vegas 8-Ball

I've put almost 100 miles on her already, but the weather has been pretty cold the last couple of days, but the warm weather is on it's way, can't wait to take her out! It's too bad the Taco is getting jealous sitting in the driveway...
Old 04-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #2
korslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shedkorslite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
korslite's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Victory, I'm afraid to say it but you might miss the SV. I've made the mistake of selling 2 SV's and it hurt both times! One was my first bike, and more recently we sold my wife's. Great choice in cruiser tho!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:10 AM   #3
ninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedninja_taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Nick
ninja_taco's Tacoma Gallery
nice looking bike ya got there
Old 04-03-2012, 07:19 AM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Bike looks nice!!
Old 04-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I love the Polaris bikes! I've heard they are very smooth also, I have yet to talk to someone who has riden one and not liked it.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #6
jackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the rough

yeah it is a great bike, thanks. I do miss the sv, believe me, but like I said I really couldn't ride it for very long. The twisties are not what they were on the sv, but it does handle the turns better than I thought a cruiser would.

The next question is, can it fit in the back of the Taco? I think the wheelbase maybe a little long, but it might just fit on the tailgate. I believe the wheel base is like 66", and the bed is 72", but thats not accounting for the whole front wheel, thats just center to center of the wheels IIRC.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #7
El' Capi-Tan
resq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to beholdresq330 is a splendid one to behold

EMS: Giles Rescue
Name: Josh
resq330's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice bike!
Old 04-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #8
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
Nice bike!! You will love it. I have one and love every minute I spend on it riding. I have added a lot to it and there is still more to do. Any plans for this?
Old 04-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #9
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sick!
Old 04-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey badger View Post
Nice bike!! You will love it. I have one and love every minute I spend on it riding. I have added a lot to it and there is still more to do. Any plans for this?
well i was going to put on an oem luggage rack or the cheaper oak creek cycles one, and maybe a grasshopper backrest and a windshield to start. I definitely would like to upgrade to a new exhaust though, this one is ok, but i want a little more volume... what have you done with yours? you have a vegas 8 ball as well? post some pics... i love victories
Old 04-09-2012, 01:30 PM   #11
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwithcorona View Post
well i was going to put on an oem luggage rack or the cheaper oak creek cycles one, and maybe a grasshopper backrest and a windshield to start. I definitely would like to upgrade to a new exhaust though, this one is ok, but i want a little more volume... what have you done with yours? you have a vegas 8 ball as well? post some pics... i love victories
Check out the last few pages of the post pis of your bike page. I'll send you a PM later tonight of what is done as well as pics. I need to find a good sissy bar and back rest for me.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #13
TacomaMoss is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
TacomaMoss's Tacoma Gallery
That is a GREAT looking Victory. We have the same Suzuki bikes, def considering more of a cruiser. Looks wicked!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:03 AM   #14
Dcoma is a splendid one to beholdDcoma is a splendid one to beholdDcoma is a splendid one to beholdDcoma is a splendid one to beholdDcoma is a splendid one to beholdDcoma is a splendid one to beholdDcoma is a splendid one to beholdDcoma is a splendid one to behold
Name: Damon
Dcoma's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Victory

Nice bike! You'll love it. I have a 2010 Vic Hammer and I love it!!! They are great bike's.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #15

I no longer have my vegas 8 ball but I do have a XC and love it. Still love the looks and style of the 8 ball though. I will get another one down the road to get around town on. Great looking bikes you two have.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:41 AM   #16
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I no longer have my vegas 8 ball but I do have a XC and love it. Still love the looks and style of the 8 ball though. I will get another one down the road to get around town on. Great looking bikes you two have.
LOL... couldn't stay away from the X Bikes, eh? Didn't I warn you about that?
Old 02-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimonback View Post
LOL... couldn't stay away from the X Bikes, eh? Didn't I warn you about that?
Yea once I sat on it that was a done deal. I went back the following weekend and got it. Sunset red 2013 XC and freakin love it!!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 04:13 AM   #18
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Yea once I sat on it that was a done deal. I went back the following weekend and got it. Sunset red 2013 XC and freakin love it!!!!
I may yet upgrade, but I have the 'Roads fitting so well now it'd be a shame to start over. Then again, one of the guys in the club may decide to upgrade his 'Country, and make it easier for me...
Old 02-18-2013, 07:50 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimonback View Post
I may yet upgrade, but I have the 'Roads fitting so well now it'd be a shame to start over. Then again, one of the guys in the club may decide to upgrade his 'Country, and make it easier for me...
I first looked at the roads and liked it a lot. Then the more I thought about it I could have it all for just a little more. The radio was a big delling point for me. Lloydz has been my friend and enemy since the new bike lol. Lots of money already spent but the smiles keep coming! Enjoy tne roads for sure. If the opportunity comes up upgrade if you really want or need to. Hell you know how great both bikes are.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:10 AM   #20
Quote:
I first looked at the roads and liked it a lot. Then the more I thought about it I could have it all for just a little more. The radio was a big delling point for me. Lloydz has been my friend and enemy since the new bike lol. Lots of money already spent but the smiles keep coming! Enjoy tne roads for sure. If the opportunity comes up upgrade if you really want or need to. Hell you know how great both bikes are.
Ya, I have a pretty good idea. I even loved the Vision for comfortable long distance stuff, and the little toys that come with it. Still after owning a Kingpin, Vision, and 'Roads, I think the last is the best yet.