Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Hyosung

Old 04-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hyosung

anyone have any thoughts on these bikes? Ive seen them before but after looking at them compared to an entry level ninja 250; i gotta say its tempting. just want to see if anybody has any experience with these.

http://www.hyosungmotorsusa.com/
Old 04-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #2
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen a few here and there,and read a couple of reviews on them,but haven't had any personal experience with them. They're at a level from what I understand between the junk you buy at pep boys and something like the Kawi you mentioned. I would have to say do ALOT of research and ask questions of anyone you see who owns one. If it was me I'd spend the extra on the Kawi,and know that you've got a quality piece of hardware with a good company that will stand behind their product. The other thing to think about there is how close are you to a dealer if you should need anything ?
Old 04-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #3
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
Heard they aren't too reliable and the paint sucks on them
Old 04-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Had a friend with a 600 Hyosung, he swore by the thing. I never really asked him too much on it sorry..

He's the kinda guy, ex military, 50+ years old, biker his whole life, so I'd assume he knew his bikes.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
facemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
facemob's Tacoma Gallery
Personally i know nothing about them. But i agree with gunslinger ^ , i would put the money on something with a name that you know. The hyosung is not ridiculously cheap either. if your spending a few grand either way, go with something that you know is reliable, not to mention the aftermarket on the big four brands are incredible.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
One other thing too..If you're a new ( and I mean VERY new ) rider the 250 is a great bike to learn on. And if you're looking for fuel mileage same thing. But if you're a novice rider and looking to grow in skill ,I would consider moving up to the 650. It's more money,but you won't outgrow it in a season like you're going to with the 250.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #7
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for the input everybody. After reading reviews on the 250 and the 650, i think i'm just going to go with a suzuki or a kawi just because of the dependability factor. I read alot of things talking about pistons seizing up and paint popping off and stuff like that with the hyosungs.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #8
Bajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedBajatacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Remote Duty Paramedic
Bajatacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Decent bike- you see a lot more of them overseas than here and parts availability reflects that. I've met several people on them in the States and they were generally happy with them for the price but I'd stick with one of the bigger names. Personally I like Suzukis, but that's just me.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:30 AM   #9
facemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
facemob's Tacoma Gallery
x2 for suzuki, but honestly thats me being bias. I didnt want to shoot you down in the begining but the more i think about it, i would stick with the trusted names all around. good luck
Old 04-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #10
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, I'll be getting a Yami R-1. I need the longer frame for my height
Old 04-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #11
Bring Yuengling To MN!
angrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shedangrysam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

angrysam's Tacoma Gallery
Getting parts and service seems to be an issue with them.