Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

2003 Yamaha YZF R6 <3

Old 05-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
05tundra13's Tacoma Gallery
2003 Yamaha YZF R6 <3

For my first street bike I decided to go with an R6. I have been riding dirt bikes for the last 11 years, and figured it was a good bike to start out on. Right now she has 25K miles on it, and for a first bike that I got for free, I can't complain at all. She has a full Arata Titanium Exhaust kit on her which includes headers etc. I wanna put a shorty pipe on when i get some money, since i feel the pipe is in the way for the passenger. Seems like the bike has not even been laid down so lets hope I can keep it that way for as long as possible.

First off, riding is way different than a dirt bike thats for sure. lol way more leaning and counter balancing. But it was easy to get used to after I got on the road a few more times.

Got a new set of Dunlop tires for the rear and front.

OH and she has a power commander 3 as well. to bad i can't put any new maps on her since i have a mac. gotta wait till i get my pc back. And a tinted front visor.

as far as second gear....101mph is not bad I would say lol. Wasn't even close to red lining it. hah

as for anymore after market parts...ill probably end up putting a rear seat on the bike, but that won't be till i get my license after july. permits suck.
Attached Thumbnails
2003 Yamaha YZF R6 <3-542148_3255527955254_1478752973_32736604_1859517219_n.jpg  
Old 05-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #2
asolo is on a distinguished road
asolo's Tacoma Gallery
I had an 02 R6 (last year of the R6's with a carb) and it was a blast. Hated to get rid of it but kids were on the way Have fun and be safe!
Old 05-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by asolo View Post
I had an 02 R6 (last year of the R6's with a carb) and it was a blast. Hated to get rid of it but kids were on the way Have fun and be safe!
Thanks man, I'll be safe for sure.
Family first I guess lol. Good thing this thing is paid off.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXdoer View Post
Had an 02 and now have a 09r6
Sick
Old 05-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #6
TheEh-Team.ca
buck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
buck's Tacoma Gallery
I've got over 40K miles on my '03 and it's still going as strong as it did at 0K. Enjoy it and keep the rubber side down.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck View Post
I've got over 40K miles on my '03 and it's still going as strong as it did at 0K. Enjoy it and keep the rubber side down.
You running 91? 25k and she's running like a champ as well. Hopefully it stays like that. I need to have it re jetted soon. Thanks man.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:50 PM   #8
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
You should be able to hit around 135mph on that bike easy. *on a closed track of course *
Old 05-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
triumphx is on a distinguished road

triumphx's Tacoma Gallery
150 easy, i had my yzf600 up to 145 back in high school...on a track
Old 05-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #10
Deercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Deercantseeme's Tacoma Gallery
I had an '04 gsxr 600. Got it up to 173mph, which was damn near redline in 6th gear. Only mods were yoshi muffler and k&n air filter.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #11

I've already gone 111. no problem at at, and i was in seconds gear. 180 sounds like a plan one day. lol
Old 05-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #12
Deercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeercantseeme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
WaT? U knows fast speeds!?
Old 05-22-2012, 09:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deercantseeme View Post
WaT? U knows fast speeds!?
Only sometimes.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:02 PM   #14

Army:
Wow........
Old 05-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #15
mxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shedmxnborder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
mxnborder's Tacoma Gallery
for freee///?
Old 05-22-2012, 09:14 PM   #16
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to make a very serious suggestion. Make sure you give that bike the respect it deserves. That doesn't mean washing and waxing it twice a week. Modern sportbikes are incredibly powerful,and WILL bite you if you don't have respect for what they're capable of. Know your limits and don't push them too hard. You're a new rider and still learning everything it takes to operate one with traffic/road hazards/foolish drivers. It would be a good idea to take a couple of riders courses ( you'll learn alot in them,even if you've been riding street bikes for years). If you like to go fast I would suggest some track days ( be aware this will lead to an expensive hobby and more than likely you'll dump it once you start running track alot) . Not out of inexperience,but you'll be pushing more and more.

Just be safe and take care out there. This coming from someone who has dodged many cars through the years,along with hitting a deer. It's a great past-time,but it's taken many lives.

BTW..welcome to the Yamaha family...!

Old 05-22-2012, 10:04 PM   #17

Army:
All kidding aside, follow F75gunslingers's advise. Be aggressive in a positive way. You'll soon see that all cars are out to get you. I've seen more than I'd like to of the effects of road rash and believe me, you don't want to be a statistic. Have fun and be careful. Btw here's a pic of my previous love... Be safe bro...........
Attached Thumbnails
2003 Yamaha YZF R6 <3-mr.adam-001.jpg  
Old 05-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #18

Quote:
Wow........
sarcastic answers don't get ya anywhere I'm in no way trying to be rude or disrespectful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxnborder View Post
for freee///?
gift from the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F75gunslinger View Post
I'm going to make a very serious suggestion. Make sure you give that bike the respect it deserves. That doesn't mean washing and waxing it twice a week. Modern sportbikes are incredibly powerful,and WILL bite you if you don't have respect for what they're capable of. Know your limits and don't push them too hard. You're a new rider and still learning everything it takes to operate one with traffic/road hazards/foolish drivers. It would be a good idea to take a couple of riders courses ( you'll learn alot in them,even if you've been riding street bikes for years). If you like to go fast I would suggest some track days ( be aware this will lead to an expensive hobby and more than likely you'll dump it once you start running track alot) . Not out of inexperience,but you'll be pushing more and more.

Just be safe and take care out there. This coming from someone who has dodged many cars through the years,along with hitting a deer. It's a great past-time,but it's taken many lives.

BTW..welcome to the Yamaha family...!

for sure man, i thank everyone who looks out for me and lets me know to respect the bike. by all means i respect this bike, i have been around bikes for a while, but as you said the road is different since now cars are out to get you, that is the one thing i am still getting used to. along with taking corners at a good speed. oh and i have taken the riders safety courses as well. we all love to go fast..but in the right areas and right conditions. i know i have to be cautious with this bike any any alike it.
Quote:
All kidding aside, follow F75gunslingers's advise. Be aggressive in a positive way. You'll soon see that all cars are out to get you. I've seen more than I'd like to of the effects of road rash and believe me, you don't want to be a statistic. Have fun and be careful. Btw here's a pic of my previous love... Be safe bro...........
indeed. i respect the bike for what its worth and I'm keeping the rubber down. I've had plenty of friends/family members die from bikes. i know its serious. sick bike dude.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #19

Army:
Wink

Thanks, but seriously be careful. Have fun with the new toy. Just try not to get into too much trouble. Good luck bud.....
Old 05-23-2012, 09:48 AM   #20
TheEh-Team.ca
buck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuck is one of the sharper tools in the shed
buck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05tundra13 View Post
You running 91? 25k and she's running like a champ as well. Hopefully it stays like that. I need to have it re jetted soon. Thanks man.
91 most of the time. On hotter days at the track (revving high) I'll put in 93 or 94.

By re-jetting, you probably mean re-mapping. No jets to change on a F.I. bike! Once you sort out your exhaust setup, best thing is to get a dyno tune with your PC3. Probably run you $200 - $300. Worth it.

When riding on the street, I ride as is I'm invisible and no one can see me. Always on my guard and I don't trust anyone. Usually if I get cut-off, I'm already prepared for it, and have my escape route planned. Another thing to go by, dress for the crash, not for the ride.