Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Ready Ramp reviews?

Old 05-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
Ready Ramp reviews?

I'm in the market for a new bed extender and ramp for my truck and was wondering if anyone has used or tested out the Ready Ramp??

http://www.readyramp.com/home.php?cat=272

Extender and ramp all in 1! Looks pretty decent and from their install instructions it doesn't look like you have to put any holes in your bed. I was only able to find 1 thread about this, but it offered no help.

What do you guys think?
Old 05-30-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I always use 2 ramps to load and unload so personally I wouldn't buy one just for the ramp function. If you need a bed extender it's a neat idea.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

use 2? 1 for the bike and 1 for you to run up?
Old 05-30-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhed61 View Post
use 2? 1 for the bike and 1 for you to run up?
Correct. It's more of a walk though.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #5

right on, that what I thought. This will be for a 300lb dirt bike, so it isn't too hard to just use one by myself.

Kinda weird that there are no threads on this. It seems like a great idea, I would think someone would have it....
Old 05-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
mxpilot has a spectacular aura aboutmxpilot has a spectacular aura about
mxpilot's Tacoma Gallery
I've had a Ready Ramp for a few years now, and think it's about the best option for me. Ramp is sturdy, wide enough for the bike (and a little wiggle room for while it's going up/coming down), and works great as a bed extender. No hardware, no drilling, it's held on with nylon straps with Ancra-style buckles. The straps have hooks that snap onto the tailgate hooks at the top, and fittings that snap into the tailgate and are rreleased with the handle. I used to take them on and off every trip and unstrap them from the ramp, but now find that it's easier to leave them attached to the ramp and hook them to the truck when using as the bed extender. (if all that makes any sense).

I use a bike stand next to the ramp to walk the bike up in. My 6'2" kid can step up to the tailgate and into the bed while pushing it. Ahh, youth.

Seems to be well-constructed. I have no mechanical issues with mine. The plastic covers on the ramp ends tend to pop out and one has disappeared, but no big deal. It is a bit heavy, but not unmanageable at all. I think it's well worth the price.

I have the 600lb unit, as I only use it for dirt bikes. It would take too many friends to load a street bike for me, and not confident in the strength of the tailgate for heavier machines.

PM me if you have more questions, or want other info.

Chris
Old 05-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxpilot View Post
I've had a Ready Ramp for a few years now, and think it's about the best option for me. Ramp is sturdy, wide enough for the bike (and a little wiggle room for while it's going up/coming down), and works great as a bed extender. No hardware, no drilling, it's held on with nylon straps with Ancra-style buckles. The straps have hooks that snap onto the tailgate hooks at the top, and fittings that snap into the tailgate and are rreleased with the handle. I used to take them on and off every trip and unstrap them from the ramp, but now find that it's easier to leave them attached to the ramp and hook them to the truck when using as the bed extender. (if all that makes any sense).

I use a bike stand next to the ramp to walk the bike up in. My 6'2" kid can step up to the tailgate and into the bed while pushing it. Ahh, youth.

Seems to be well-constructed. I have no mechanical issues with mine. The plastic covers on the ramp ends tend to pop out and one has disappeared, but no big deal. It is a bit heavy, but not unmanageable at all. I think it's well worth the price.

I have the 600lb unit, as I only use it for dirt bikes. It would take too many friends to load a street bike for me, and not confident in the strength of the tailgate for heavier machines.

PM me if you have more questions, or want other info.

Chris
Thanks a lot for all the info!! Just what I was looking for and what I expected of the ramp.

On a side note, from their photos online it looks that there is an attachment that goes from the tailgate to the truck bed that looks like it would add more support for the tailgate. Any truth to that, were my eyes just deceiving me?
Old 05-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #8

It is a little pricey, but bed extenders on their own are already around $200, and for a decent ramp you're looking around $100, so my thinking it that since it does both, it's a pretty good deal.

I'm really just worried about the quality of the product. So far I've only read good things.
And I've seen 100% good reviews on here from people who have them! (1 out of 1 )
Old 08-22-2012, 10:18 AM   #9
huckfin is just really nicehuckfin is just really nicehuckfin is just really nicehuckfin is just really nicehuckfin is just really nice
huckfin's Tacoma Gallery
they work well..
Old 08-26-2012, 01:30 AM   #10
KansasTaco
ball09 is on a distinguished road
Army: SPC
Name: Ethan
ball09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckfin View Post
they work well..
Is there a place to find one cheaper then off the actual ready ramp site?
Old 08-27-2012, 05:00 AM   #11
mxpilot has a spectacular aura aboutmxpilot has a spectacular aura about
mxpilot's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine on eBay for a bit under the going rate, even with shipping. That was a few years back though.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:30 AM   #12
Got2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shedGot2ryde is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryder
Got2ryde's Tacoma Gallery
I got one and used it for a 3000 mile road trip out to Nationals with a bike and bed full of gear! It was very nice to know my gear was secure with the extender and no problems with the ramp which I think is very well built. My only gripe is the strapping method of attachment leaves a little to be desired. I would like to be more "fixed", but I'm particular like that. I throw an extra strap on it to the bed d-rings. I would still reccommend this rig to anyone who is comfortable with loading/unloading on just one ramp. I ride my 150lb bike up it(much easier than pushing) and am not concerned about the strength. I just use a stand to step down on when unloading. Great little multi-tasker! I'll look for my reciept, can't remember where I got mine or what I paid off hand.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:54 PM   #13
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
just picked up one off CL, didn't come with any hardware, I'm trying to go the cheap way and strap it down somehow without buying their straps for $35
Old 02-03-2013, 12:29 AM   #14
Hoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
Hoozel's Tacoma Gallery
i have the Moto Tote Hitch carrier.... scary first time. but its solid. hauls bike great i use it weekly to the track

http://www.mototote.com/
Old 02-15-2014, 12:36 AM   #15
Dr.X is on a distinguished road
Dr.X's Tacoma Gallery
Is that a 600lb one work for most street bike? I had a Ducati 848, CBR250r and Honda 700cc.... ??
Old 02-18-2014, 05:31 PM   #16

^ Yeah, haven't had any issues with the R6. That's the heaviest bike i've put into the bed tho.
Old 02-18-2014, 06:09 PM   #17
Dr.X is on a distinguished road
Dr.X's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhed61 View Post
^ Yeah, haven't had any issues with the R6. That's the heaviest bike i've put into the bed tho.
I actually checked my Honda DN-01 has 595lbs. Not sure if that's with fuel or not.

I checked that Ready Ramp has a new design called I-Beam and should be stronger then the old design. Too bad the 1000bls version didn't have I-Beam....
Old 03-04-2014, 05:09 AM   #18
clutch
itdiestoday is on a distinguished road

itdiestoday's Tacoma Gallery
This ready ramp looks pretty awesome. Too bad I dont feel like paying that price for a ramp though.