Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Road Rage

Old 08-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #41
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddin View Post
so i should have let him run me off the road??? dont get it... i really wasnt asking for any of it. you are helpless on a bike, and getting flipped the bird is common, im sure you all have done it or gotten it. getting run off the road purposely while there are three lanes of traffic and when im doing nothing wrong in my lane...yea he came at me i defended myself, the girl and my bike.

you can face palm all ya want but when your in that situation i would hope you would do something to protect yourself.
I would have hit the brakes and let him get ahead. Like you said, you're helpless on a bike so don't instigate with someone in a 3000 lb hunk of steel.

I've been run off the road on my bike (out of sheer stupidity of the other driver, not anger), it sucks but you have to let things go.

Also I have never been flipped the bird, nor have I delivered one so I don't know what you're talking about there.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #42
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
I'll flip someone the bird if them really deserve it.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #43
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
so i should have let him run me off the road??? dont get it... i really wasnt asking for any of it. you are helpless on a bike, and getting flipped the bird is common, im sure you all have done it or gotten it. getting run off the road purposely while there are three lanes of traffic and when im doing nothing wrong in my lane...yea he came at me i defended myself, the girl and my bike.

you can face palm all ya want but when your in that situation i would hope you would do something to protect yourself.
No, you don't let him run you off the road... Read below, especially in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
While on a bike, if someone in front of you is pissing you off, pull over, cool off, then get back on the road. If someone is behind you and pissing you off, the last thing I'd want to do is throw something at them. Now you've got a pissed off driver behind you in a car... Brilliant! You can't have road rage on a bike. You can get into a pissing match with a Fiat 500 and it'll win.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

:sigh: I'll respond with the obligatory:

and follow it up with

Old 08-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #44
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
lol this is funny.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #45
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery
im gonna sum it up and say drug charges would be the least of his worries if he tried to ram me with a car while I'm riding.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:38 PM   #46
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How about....

Quote:
Saw him flying through traffic...moved over and was ready, always planning 2 steps ahead while riding...still cut me off
After seeing him "flying through traffic" you should not have been within 2 lanes or 10 car lengths of him.

You KNEW he was going to do something stupid, because you already saw him doing something stupid.

I've had a few idiots get close to me. Never once have I felt the need to do anything more than tap the horn... but most time I just handle the situation with the brakes and the bars, sometimes the throttle.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:18 PM   #47
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
How about....

After seeing him "flying through traffic" you should not have been within 2 lanes or 10 car lengths of him.

You KNEW he was going to do something stupid, because you already saw him doing something stupid.

I've had a few idiots get close to me. Never once have I felt the need to do anything more than tap the horn... but most time I just handle the situation with the brakes and the bars, sometimes the throttle.
This.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:32 PM   #48
muddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shedmuddin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

muddin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Fades View Post
Hey Joel, I ride too, as many here do, and when riding, ESPECIALLY when you have somebody riding b!tch, you gotta stay level headed and stay out of harms way. Should never confront while on a bike in general, but to do so with a girl on the back, you should know better. I am not trying to start anything, just another rider trying to help other riders stay safe. You gotta identify that the m3 was being as asshat, and stay away from him. Yes, I have been there where cars cut me off, and it takes a lot to not do anything, but that is part of becoming a mature rider.

There are old riders, and there are reckless riders. There are no reckless old riders.
agreed. i didnt think of anything flipping the dude the bird, people flip everybody off around here, SPECIALLY on the blvd. Its a reminder that some people are just plain old crazy and something you would never think somebody would do has been done and will be done again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
I would have hit the brakes and let him get ahead. Like you said, you're helpless on a bike so don't instigate with someone in a 3000 lb hunk of steel.

I've been run off the road on my bike (out of sheer stupidity of the other driver, not anger), it sucks but you have to let things go.

Also I have never been flipped the bird, nor have I delivered one so I don't know what you're talking about there.
maybe you just didnt see it haha (this is me flipping you off) just messing with ya

Quote:
How about....

there was no where to go...8pm on a friday night on one of the busiest roads in and out of the city. trust me if i had a spot to go i woulda. i only got over the next lane to not be behind him since he was all over the place...but when i caught up to him i flipped him the bird...then thats when he started running me into the median.

knock on wood but i like to think of myself as a good rider (as everyone does)...rode my gixxer 600 for 3 1/2 years with no incidents, rode my neighbors harley (more than him) for a 1 1/2 years and now have a new HD street bob, new since april. talk about going from night to day on bikes. the HD is great.

anyways everyone stay safe riding
Old 08-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #49
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
there was no where to go...8pm on a friday night on one of the busiest roads in and out of the city. trust me if i had a spot to go i woulda. i only got over the next lane to not be behind him since he was all over the place...but when i caught up to him i flipped him the bird...then thats when he started running me into the median.
You didn't HAVE to catch up to him, and you knew he was driving like an asshole and you thought flipping him the bird wouldn't set him off?

No reason you couldn't have just stayed behind him.
No matter how erratically he was driving, if you are behind him you can keep an eye on him and avoid his stupidity until he's far enough ahead to no longer be a concern.

Or just pull off the road and grab a cup of coffee or a soda.
When someone is being an ass and you're on 2 wheels, the only smart thing to do is put as much distance between you as possible even if it means leaving the road for 5 minutes.

The ONLY time I try to get in front of someone driving like an ass is when I believe they are drunk.... and I'll give them 2 lanes, pass QUICKLY, and get as far ahead as I can while still being able to see them in my mirrors.
I'd rather watch and chance them catching up than be behind them when they plow 5 cars into a pileup.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:43 PM   #50
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You didn't HAVE to catch up to him, and you knew he was driving like an asshole and you thought flipping him the bird wouldn't set him off?

No reason you couldn't have just stayed behind him.
No matter how erratically he was driving, if you are behind him you can keep an eye on him and avoid his stupidity until he's far enough ahead to no longer be a concern.

Or just pull off the road and grab a cup of coffee or a soda.
When someone is being an ass and you're on 2 wheels, the only smart thing to do is put as much distance between you as possible even if it means leaving the road for 5 minutes.

The ONLY time I try to get in front of someone driving like an ass is when I believe they are drunk.... and I'll give them 2 lanes, pass QUICKLY, and get as far ahead as I can while still being able to see them in my mirrors.
I'd rather watch and chance them catching up than be behind them when they plow 5 cars into a pileup.
This is good advice when driving any vehicle, 2 wheels or 4.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #51
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
anyways everyone stay safe riding

You too brutha
Old 08-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #52
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen asshole riders on the road too... But I always leave space between me and A motorcyclist on the road, if it's on a straight A way or at A light. Last year there was a guy that was tailgating me on a bike when I was going 5 over the speed limit....
Old 08-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #53
neoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neoflex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
That is the difference between living/driving in the Northeast compared to the rest of the country. Being born and raised on Long Island the middle finger is about as common as saying "Hello" in NY, NJ and CT. After moving to Charlotte I will sometimes beep at someone who sleeps on a light or starts to merge into my lane into me and rather than get the bird I get the nonchalant fake wave which I think pisses me off more than being flipped off. I'm always joking and saying at least have the balls to flip me off puzz.
With that last story as much as you explain it, to the rest of us it sounds like you decided to chase the dude in the M3 down to get your last word in which apparently backfired. With a female or anyone on the back you should have just slowed down and let him go since you said he was in a hurry and flying through traffic anyway so he should of been out of sight shortly. If it were three lanes both ways there is no reason why you should have pulled up or ended up beside him. Trust me I am a hot head behind the wheel but when I am on the bike(passenger or not) or have my family in the car I am almost unrecognizable from when I am alone in my truck. It's all about choosing your battles and when your on a bike it's always best to just let it go as others have mentioned numerous times.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #54
MagnecticgraySR5 is on a distinguished road

MagnecticgraySR5's Tacoma Gallery
Down here in fl windows would have been broken,,, or fire workssss

ps. be safe, pure foolish people out there....
Old 10-05-2012, 01:57 AM   #55
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
I think they should of been able to call 911 and file a charge of assault with a deadly weapon, they may not of handled it right thought to begin with (talking to the cop). I've been side-swiped by a car while I was driving my car (long story short but it was my ex-gf's ex bleeh!) and he did damage, I had a witness, trooper came and said they would find him later, gave me some paperwork of the accident report. I went to magistrates and filed assault with a deadly weapon, the trooper charged him with hit-and-run and DWLR. I ended up going to court several times only for his lawyer to continue it over and over hoping I would stop going, which I did. They tossed out the assault charge, I had to stop missing days of work to goto court. He dealt with all the other charges. But you know how small towns are one day I will see him somewhere and take care of it He's a deadbeat dad before you guys flame me for resorting to violence.