1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Road Rage

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by T Fades, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Aug 13, 2012 at 5:00 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    No, you don't let him run you off the road... Read below, especially in bold

:sigh: I'll respond with the obligatory:
    [​IMG]

and follow it up with :brianr:

:D

2. Aug 13, 2012 at 5:44 PM
    gainman

gainman Semper Fi

Member:
    SW Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport Supercharged Manual
    Stuff
    lol this is funny.

3. Aug 13, 2012 at 5:53 PM
    06indigoink

06indigoink Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte NC
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4
    im gonna sum it up and say drug charges would be the least of his worries if he tried to ram me with a car while I'm riding.

4. Aug 13, 2012 at 6:38 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    How about....

After seeing him "flying through traffic" you should not have been within 2 lanes or 10 car lengths of him.

You KNEW he was going to do something stupid, because you already saw him doing something stupid.

I've had a few idiots get close to me. Never once have I felt the need to do anything more than tap the horn... but most time I just handle the situation with the brakes and the bars, sometimes the throttle.

5. Aug 13, 2012 at 7:18 PM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    This.

6. Aug 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM
    muddin

muddin Well-Known Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC TRD OR
    Bilstein 5100's on all four with some OME 885x's. Brute Force Fab front bumper. Warn winch. Koenig countersteers wrapped with duratracs.
    agreed. i didnt think of anything flipping the dude the bird, people flip everybody off around here, SPECIALLY on the blvd. Its a reminder that some people are just plain old crazy and something you would never think somebody would do has been done and will be done again.

maybe you just didnt see it haha (this is me flipping you off) :D just messing with ya

there was no where to go...8pm on a friday night on one of the busiest roads in and out of the city. trust me if i had a spot to go i woulda. i only got over the next lane to not be behind him since he was all over the place...but when i caught up to him i flipped him the bird...then thats when he started running me into the median.

knock on wood but i like to think of myself as a good rider (as everyone does)...rode my gixxer 600 for 3 1/2 years with no incidents, rode my neighbors harley (more than him) for a 1 1/2 years and now have a new HD street bob, new since april. talk about going from night to day on bikes. the HD is great.

anyways everyone stay safe riding

7. Aug 13, 2012 at 9:40 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    You didn't HAVE to catch up to him, and you knew he was driving like an asshole and you thought flipping him the bird wouldn't set him off?

No reason you couldn't have just stayed behind him.
    No matter how erratically he was driving, if you are behind him you can keep an eye on him and avoid his stupidity until he's far enough ahead to no longer be a concern.

Or just pull off the road and grab a cup of coffee or a soda.
    When someone is being an ass and you're on 2 wheels, the only smart thing to do is put as much distance between you as possible even if it means leaving the road for 5 minutes.

The ONLY time I try to get in front of someone driving like an ass is when I believe they are drunk.... and I'll give them 2 lanes, pass QUICKLY, and get as far ahead as I can while still being able to see them in my mirrors.
    I'd rather watch and chance them catching up than be behind them when they plow 5 cars into a pileup.

8. Aug 13, 2012 at 10:43 PM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    This is good advice when driving any vehicle, 2 wheels or 4. :thumbsup:

9. Aug 14, 2012 at 10:33 AM
    T Fades

T Fades [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simi Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner V6 2wd DCLB
    Satoshi, debadged, rear view mirror bracket, tail gate hose clamps, trimmed mud flaps.

You too brutha :cheers:

10. Aug 14, 2012 at 10:45 AM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    I've seen asshole riders on the road too... But I always leave space between me and A motorcyclist on the road, if it's on a straight A way or at A light. Last year there was a guy that was tailgating me on a bike when I was going 5 over the speed limit....

11. Aug 14, 2012 at 12:33 PM
    neoflex

neoflex Well-Known Member

Member:
    That is the difference between living/driving in the Northeast compared to the rest of the country. Being born and raised on Long Island the middle finger is about as common as saying "Hello" in NY, NJ and CT. :D After moving to Charlotte I will sometimes beep at someone who sleeps on a light or starts to merge into my lane into me and rather than get the bird I get the nonchalant fake wave which I think pisses me off more than being flipped off.:p:D I'm always joking and saying at least have the balls to flip me off puzz.
    With that last story as much as you explain it, to the rest of us it sounds like you decided to chase the dude in the M3 down to get your last word in which apparently backfired. With a female or anyone on the back you should have just slowed down and let him go since you said he was in a hurry and flying through traffic anyway so he should of been out of sight shortly. If it were three lanes both ways there is no reason why you should have pulled up or ended up beside him. Trust me I am a hot head behind the wheel but when I am on the bike(passenger or not) or have my family in the car I am almost unrecognizable from when I am alone in my truck. It's all about choosing your battles and when your on a bike it's always best to just let it go as others have mentioned numerous times.

12. Aug 26, 2012 at 2:32 PM
    MagnecticgraySR5

MagnecticgraySR5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    florida
    Vehicle:
    2010 prerunner
    Down here in fl windows would have been broken,,, or fire workssss

ps. be safe, pure foolish people out there....

13. Oct 5, 2012 at 12:57 AM
    pippen

pippen that was'nt a vitamin!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Pippen
    Eastern NC
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner Ext.
    I think they should of been able to call 911 and file a charge of assault with a deadly weapon, they may not of handled it right thought to begin with (talking to the cop). I've been side-swiped by a car while I was driving my car (long story short but it was my ex-gf's ex bleeh!) and he did damage, I had a witness, trooper came and said they would find him later, gave me some paperwork of the accident report. I went to magistrates and filed assault with a deadly weapon, the trooper charged him with hit-and-run and DWLR. I ended up going to court several times only for his lawyer to continue it over and over hoping I would stop going, which I did. They tossed out the assault charge, I had to stop missing days of work to goto court. He dealt with all the other charges. But you know how small towns are one day I will see him somewhere and take care of it :duel::devil: He's a deadbeat dad before you guys flame me for resorting to violence. ;)

14. Oct 6, 2012 at 7:54 PM
    chad68

chad68 Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top