1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Road Rage

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by T Fades, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Jul 25, 2012 at 4:57 PM
    T Fades

T Fades [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simi Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner V6 2wd DCLB
    Satoshi, debadged, rear view mirror bracket, tail gate hose clamps, trimmed mud flaps.
    This makes my blood boil. Yes, the cage driver deserves to get the living crap beat out of him.

On the other hand, part of riding is to ride your own ride and let a-holes like this go.

:eek: at 1:59
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXPb3nnqdDo

2. Jul 25, 2012 at 6:48 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    This.

Should have taken the plate, pulled over, and called 911, reported assault with a deadly weapon. Tell the dispatcher that you will sign the complaint, and let the asshole go.

There was no reason or need for the riders to stay with the cage and get into a pass-you/pass-me thing.
    I'd be giving the idiot 2 lanes and not giving him the opportunity to pinch me off again.

First instance, he may honestly have not seen the rider, whether on the cell or just not paying attention, but it was not likely belligerent until the riders started hanging with him (and likely gesturing)...
    Quickest way to get run off the road is to flip the bird to come asshole in a 4000lb cage.

3. Jul 25, 2012 at 7:03 PM
    oldtimertoyota

oldtimertoyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2009 4X4 Double Cab-1986 2wd Pickup Orig own
    My life is worth more then just proving a point, cars don't see bikes lots of the time and people are weird/crazy whatever. I've been riding on the roads for over 30 years and never had anything like that happen to me.

4. Jul 25, 2012 at 7:04 PM
    Watari06V6

Watari06V6 Faster than a speeding ticket

Member:
    Wounded Knee
    Vehicle:
    TRD-V6-SR5-06
    damn these bikers are asking for it. regardless of whose at fault this is a no win situation for the 2 wheelers against a car- biker at 1:22 was very lucky he didn't end up under that 18 wheeler theyd be picking up his body parts. it would be smart to call 911 and show em the tape/license plate for evidence

5. Jul 30, 2012 at 6:37 PM
    Goldstar225

Goldstar225 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2011 Pre-runner SR5 4X2
    Both sides were in the wrong on this. In a game of bumper cars between a bike and a car, guess who will win. The bikes were lucky he was trying to intimidate instead of injure.

6. Jul 30, 2012 at 6:45 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    x2, everyone involved is incompetent and shouldn't be allowed to drive.

7. Jul 30, 2012 at 6:45 PM
    NumNutz

NumNutz One of the original 7928

Member:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma 4x4 - Kings, TC, Dakars, broken stuff
    Lots.
    Wow. BS on the bikers asking for it. No one knows what happens prior to the start of the video, but if they weren't stunting or anything they certainly weren't asking for it."Oh they should have just taken the license plate and let the police handle it." Tell that to Marcus Luttrell when he went after the guys who shot his dog. Fuck that guy. I hope he burns in hell.

8. Jul 30, 2012 at 6:48 PM
    BB72

BB72 Born yesterday

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Canada eh. (Squamish)
    Vehicle:
    09 Sport, Mag Grey
    Both sides were in the wrong for sure - however the riders,continued to 'poke the bear'. With all those bikes around I bet the car driver felt pretty threatened.

Also do those riders not care for their safety at all? What's with all the tshirts, shorts? None of those guys would be riding with me.

9. Jul 30, 2012 at 6:53 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    The dude in the car actually hit the other guy on the bike! Holy shat..

I been in a situation similar once.. Just slammed some gears and got out of there..aint no way..dont know if the dude has a gun or somethin..

10. Jul 30, 2012 at 6:53 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    They're retards. You can usually spot them by the bare backs due to wind blowing up their T-shirts.

11. Jul 30, 2012 at 6:55 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now

Fixed it for ya.

12. Jul 30, 2012 at 6:56 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    ;) so true

13. Jul 30, 2012 at 6:57 PM
    broken taco

broken taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    San Diego / Houston
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD SR5 4WD
    Trail gear 3 Link Solid Axle Swap kit, 14 " Fox coil overs with reservoirs up front, Chevy 63 leaf spring swap with ruff stuffs Chevy 63 swap kit, 14 "Fox shocks on the rear, 37" tires, Custom front bumper by Next Venture Motor Sports with a warn winch, glassworks unlimited fender flares, custom rock rails with kickups (modeled after Relentless Fab Rock sliders), rear bumper from streetacos.com (with custom rap around protection for fiberglass fenders and the hitch receiver hidden behind the license plate that is on hinges), HID off road lights on front bumper, rigid pods on rear bumper with red back lighting, high lift mounted in the bed, onboard air, Flowmaster muffler, aftermarket air intake, alarm system, Alpine Deck, Alpine amp, Alpine speakers, JL W6 12" subwoofer, JL amp.
    everyone is saying call the police and let them deal with it. well they cant really do anything if the dont see him do it. the most they culd do is pull him over and tell him they got complaints from bikers. (at least thats all i can see them being able to do.)

im not a big fan of bikers but thats because i dont want to hit one while he is going down the middle of the lane. but i think that driver was a complete douche. If i was a biker i would carry rocks somewhere accessible so i could brake the windows of drivers like that.... but thats just me:D

14. Jul 30, 2012 at 6:57 PM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    Videos like this are why I will NEVER ride a motorcycle. This is also 2 wrongs don't make a right regardless of the circumstances.

Road rage is a killer. I got chased down once by 2 trucks full of drunk idiots because I brake checked one them for tailgating me (I got what I deserved for that I guess). They rammed my truck off the road and started shooting at me. I'm lucky I didn't die. I learned a valuable lesson, if someone tailgates me now I just mind my own business or let them pass. Not worth it!!

15. Jul 30, 2012 at 7:03 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    Darwin's Theory :woot:

16. Jul 30, 2012 at 7:10 PM
    PerfectTekniq

PerfectTekniq I'm undefeated in the UFC.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pepe Silvia
    Claremont, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Super White 4x4 DC SB Sport
    AllPro Front, AllPro Rear w/ wraps, AllPro IFS Skid, 5100 w/ 885's upfront, Duratracs, Front Superbumps, BuiltRight UCAs, Dakar Leaf Pack, Extended 5100's, AllPro Flip Kit, Rear Superbumps, Extended SS brake lines WeatherTech Floormats, TRD Intake, ScanGaugeII, TRD SoCal, Grillcraft, Wet Okoles, Cobra 75 w/ 4' whip
    drop a gear and GO!

17. Jul 30, 2012 at 8:46 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    For an infraction, the offense must be witnessed by a LEO.
    For a felony, that is not the case.

If one or more of the riders is willing to sign a complaint and press charges for assault with a deadly weapon, the police are OBLIGATED to act on that complaint and make the felony arrest.

The video evidence could back the bikers, or could show that they instigated the situation.
    The bikers need to keep in mind that the court will call in ALL of the original unedited video, and if more than one had a camera, they're going to want those videos as well.

Lane sharing is legal in California. I agree, a lot of riders are not doing it in a safe manner... but it is MUCH safer than sitting still in a stopped lane waiting for the minivan behind you to not realize that you're there and plaster you into the car in front of you.
    I've seen it happen. I've almost had it happen to me.
    When a bike is stopped, the rider is completely vulnerable. He is quite literally a pedestrian standing on the freeway.

And on keeping rocks and such... there's a lot of "tough guy" talk from bikers, but it is a felony to throw any object at any moving vehicle.

18. Aug 1, 2012 at 10:56 AM
    neoflex

neoflex Well-Known Member

Member:
    The dude in the car is an ass but from what I watched it seems the car may have cut one of the bikes off and whether it was intentional or not we will never know. Where the bikers f*cked up was when they decided to confront the driver and than it was basically a battle from there which the driver of the car could claim in court he cut them off by accident and than they retaliated and his actions after that were out of fear for his safety. The bikes should have either let him go and be done with it before it escalated or drop it down and gear a leave him behind and never think twice about it. Looks to me that they wanted to intimidate the driver due to there being so many of them. Had the guy with the camera been alone chances are he would have taken either option 1 or 2 that I stated above but due to their numbers they decided to play the tough guy role and are lucky it didn't get one of them killed especially the dude who got side swiped. Both sides are f*cking idiots IMHO and they let their adrenaline get the best of them. When I am on the bike my temper will get flared often but I know if getting into it with a cage I will always lose so I would chosen to drop it down a gear and leave the dildo in the cage behind.

19. Aug 12, 2012 at 2:14 PM
    We Are Apocalypse

We Are Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    Wet Okole Seat Covers, 15% Tint Front and Rear, Weathertech Digital Fits, FJ Trail Team Wheels, BFG 265/75/16 A/T
    I never understood bikers that felt like they could teach a lesson to a person in a car. It's like a 105-lb 15 year old who's never fought thinking he could teach a lesson to a 200-lb 25 year old pro MMA fighter. A bike will NEVER win against a car/truck/SUV.

20. Aug 12, 2012 at 3:36 PM
    MxRacer190

MxRacer190 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4 Indigo
    Get the tag, and let the cops "have a talk with him?" No thanks. Follow him to his house, and burn his fucking house down is more like it.

Products Discussed in

To Top