Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Victory Hammer S

Old 07-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Victory did a demo day near me about a month ago and I got to ride their bikes. I wanted to test ride the Hammer cause it's a slick looking machine and decided against it after sitting on it. It's got a very hard seat and didn't feel comfortable to me. I ended up riding the Vegas and absolutely loved it. They are very smooth bikes with great power. I've never been one for cruisers (I've riden quite a few also) but if I could have afforded to do so, I would have traded my sport bike on the spot!

I know quite a few people that have Victories that ride 2 up and have never heard anything negative about it. I'm sure stability with 2 up riding varies by model though.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I've ridden a Victory Hammer and it's a solid bike. The seat is definitely on the hard side but the bike rides well. You won't regret the purchase.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I am fairly used to to a stiff seat from my CBR and would likely upgrade if it's that bad....Good to know tho.

It sucks cause the only dealer I know of close by (term used loosely) is about 2 hours away and is apparently pretty small....
I've been comfortable on the sport bike 'seats' but this one was just flat and hard. The bike I rode I believe had the same motor as the Hammer, just no straight pipes or drag bars (probably de-tuned also). The guys I spoke with that rode the Hammer said it was a rocket and a blast to ride! They're expensive so hopefully you can ride a few different models before you have to make your decision.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:50 AM   #6
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
A buddy had a victory, just for rid of it because it was nothing but problems. Traded it in not running.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
A buddy had a victory, just for rid of it because it was nothing but problems. Traded it in not running.
What model/year? Cause that is honestly on of the first complaints I've heard about engine issues. Lack of deals an stuff-Yeah. But not actual mechanical problems.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #8
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
What model/year? Cause that is honestly on of the first complaints I've heard about engine issues. Lack of deals an stuff-Yeah. But not actual mechanical problems.
2006 kingpin. He is a member on this site. ArmyTaco.