Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

iPhone as a Go Phone?

Old 07-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
Proud to be Awesome
Twiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: U.S.S. San Jacinto (CG-56)
Twiget's Tacoma Gallery
iPhone as a Go Phone?

I just got off the phone with AT&T. My iPhone is out of contract and I want to switch it to a Go Phone. I've got the Go Phone sim, but they are refusing to activate the sim for my phone. Has anyone been able to use their iPhone as a Go Phone?
Old 07-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #2
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know about a Go phone but I had been looking to buy an Iphone to unlock or already unlocked to put a Straight Talk sim card in and have unlimited everything for $45 a month. I know people that have done this with Tmobile also.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #3
Proud to be Awesome
Twiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Twiget's Tacoma Gallery
The Go Phone has a $2/day option with unlimited minutes and texts and you only get charged for the days it is used. I dont talk or text much, so this option would be great for me.

Another reason I want to stay with AT&T is that my iPhone will only work on AT&T and I dont want to buy another phone to switch to another service provider.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
I have not done this, just went to Google and this was the first to pop up. I didn't even read the whole thing, so hope it helps.
http://voices.yahoo.com/how-iphone-a...-11069410.html
Old 07-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Straight Talk uses the cell towers from all the big carriers, At&t, Verizon, Sprint and Tmobile. So your phone would still be using At&t towers if you wanted to do it this way. So do you use the Data much? That's what's appealing about Straight Talk, $45 a month gets you unlimited talk, text and data. Anyway I just thought this might be a good option for you.

On a side note. I thought if the sim was active you could put it in any GSM phone and it would work? Maybe if it was activated on a Go phone then put it in the Iphone? Might have to unlock the Iphone first though?
Old 07-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #6
Proud to be Awesome

Twiget's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
I have not done this, just went to Google and this was the first to pop up. I didn't even read the whole thing, so hope it helps.
http://voices.yahoo.com/how-iphone-a...-11069410.html
I found a similar article too, though after reading the one you posted, I think I found what went wrong. The article I found did not mention needing a dummy GoPhone. I think I'll try this.

I just noticed I put this in the motorcycle forum. I meant to put it in the technology forum. Oops. Well, here is a pic of my bike to make up for it.

Attached Thumbnails
iPhone as a Go Phone?-img_0818.jpg  
Old 08-01-2012, 05:35 PM   #7
Proud to be Awesome

Twiget's Tacoma Gallery
Go figure, I went to AT&T today to get a Go Phone and do the switcheroo detailed in that blog. The chick I ended up working with had no problem changing my iPhone to a Go Phone plan. I told her about my difficulty making the change on the phone with AT&T's customer service and she really had no reason why they refused to make the change.

5 minutes, 2 questions and a little flirting later and my account was changed over to a Go Phone.