Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

79 Honda cm 400

Old 08-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
79 Honda cm 400

Tomorrow picking up a my new project.

My plan for it is gunna be making it into a cafe racer.
Here's a pic stock for now
Old 08-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
white91formula is on a distinguished road
white91formula's Tacoma Gallery
My roommate has one he is going to turn into a bobber... is a 1980 i believe
Old 08-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nice took this bike apart carb is gunked up an then some electrical problem but I wanted a project bike and its cool to Learn these things.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
white91formula is on a distinguished road
white91formula's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Nice took this bike apart carb is gunked up an then some electrical problem but I wanted a project bike and its cool to Learn these things.

If you are learning, tackle one thing at a time dont rip everything apart at once or you will get lost in it all. If you need any help or ideas or not sure of something let me know I will see if i can give you some advice

take your time and youll get there!

what are your big plans for it ?
Old 08-31-2012, 09:17 PM   #7
oldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud ofoldtimertoyota has much to be proud of
oldtimertoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
I'm starting with fuel then electrical
Smart! Make sure to get it running good before messing with altering the bike or you'll be driven crazy. Too many people buy these kinds of bikes take them all apart, mess with the wiring and then wonder what wrong and at this point it can be alot of things.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #8
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Yesterday got it running for 10 seconds but I ran out of fuel because I was cleaning the gas tank out. Then later this week im changing the oil and plugs. Found out that it takes 15w-40 diesel oil cuz it's good for the gears and clutch. I'm glad I got this bike learning something new everyday
Old 09-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #9
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice

Put the bike together got it running today . Plus did a oil change runs way better I'm gunna get a carb rebuild kit later next month but runs good I still need to get new plugs. Now On to electrical I have a short some were and I'll work on that later