Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Motorcycle hauling

Old 09-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #1
Bettyblue is on a distinguished road

Name: Kelly
Bettyblue's Tacoma Gallery
Motorcycle hauling

New member here so please forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong section. I'm needing to downsize from my GMC 2500HD and looking at a double cab longbed. My boys and I ride dirtbikes and currently in the stable is a CRF50, CRF100 and CR250. I'm trying to figure out if all three bikes will fit in a 2005-06 Tacoma longbed without any problem? Thank you in advance for any assistance or pics you can share!

Kelly
Old 02-03-2013, 01:30 AM   #2
Hoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
Hoozel's Tacoma Gallery
try something like Moto Tote. had mine for 2yrs. works great.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:42 AM   #3
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think you're going to get all three in.

I put a pair of WR250Fs into the back of my '03 Tundra... wouldn't have wanted to have tried to fit a fiddy in there, and the Tacoma is a bit smaller and shorter.

That was the one and only time I loaded the bikes in the back of the truck. I would seriously recommend getting a 3-rail trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Motorcycle hauling-s_dsc00238.jpg  
Old 03-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2006 2wd long bed Tacoma and I often haul a big XR500R and an XR400R with lots of room left for gear and bike stands and fuel jugs and everything else. Since you only have one full-size bike, I think you can get all three into your bed. You might have to get a little creative with their positioning... try putting the CR250 facing forward on the right, put the CRF100 facing forward next to it (back end moved to the right), then put the CRF50 facing rearward on the left... or switch the positions of the 50 and 100, whichever works best. You might need to be comfortable with some bikes resting a wheel on the tailgate, I do this all the time and it's no problem, just be sure they are all strapped in tight -- give the bars and the truck bed and everything a good shaking (to see what moves) before you head out. I like to put bungees between the strap hook eyes for each strap, this maintains tension on the hooks so they stay hooked even if the strap gets some slack. Good luck, have fun!
Old 07-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #5
son is one of the sharper tools in the shedson is one of the sharper tools in the shedson is one of the sharper tools in the shedson is one of the sharper tools in the shedson is one of the sharper tools in the shedson is one of the sharper tools in the shedson is one of the sharper tools in the shedson is one of the sharper tools in the shedson is one of the sharper tools in the shedson is one of the sharper tools in the shedson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Son
son's Tacoma Gallery
Here's how mine look with two bikes

Old 07-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #6
423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold423 TACO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Aircraft Mx
Name: Daniel
423 TACO's Tacoma Gallery
ive had 2 rm125's and a cr250 in the back of a first gen, two facing front and one backed in, its tight but works with no issues.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #7
Bettyblue is on a distinguished road

Name: Kelly
Bettyblue's Tacoma Gallery
Bikes in Tacoma Double Cab longbed

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm thinking I could buy a single rail bike hauler as previously mentioned to put into my receiver hitch and put my 250 on there. My oldest has upgraded to a CRF150RB but I'm wondering if I can shut the tailgate with that bike in the bed? Any CRF150RB owners on here that can attest to that ability?

Thanks again!
Old 08-27-2013, 08:40 PM   #8
wfeshearwater is on a distinguished road
Name: Robert
wfeshearwater's Tacoma Gallery
Arrow

Has anybody out there had experience hauling a Street Glide a long distance . ie Canada to Florida I have a 2013 ,2WD,2.7L,extended cab have installed and extra leaf in the rear springs and heavy D hooks on the front of the bed bolted to the frame
Old 04-03-2014, 09:23 PM   #9
worm09 is on a distinguished road
Name: Robert
worm09's Tacoma Gallery
Since yall enjoy riding so much and they are only going to get bigger it wouldnt be a bad idea to look in to getting a trailer. The bikes are only going to get bigger and even with a 2500 you would have a hard time fitting 3 dirt bikes and all of yalls gear in there as well
Old 07-16-2014, 11:15 PM   #10
TacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaTruckParts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
TacomaTruckParts's Tacoma Gallery
Three bikes WILL fit, if the center bike is loaded backwards.... Done it a few times. And no, the tailgate wont close.... use extra straps.
Also, a tie down bar helps.... Like this:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...u-can-buy.html

Jesse
Old 08-28-2014, 06:18 PM   #11
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by worm09 View Post
Since yall enjoy riding so much and they are only going to get bigger it wouldnt be a bad idea to look in to getting a trailer. The bikes are only going to get bigger and even with a 2500 you would have a hard time fitting 3 dirt bikes and all of yalls gear in there as well
No way, I can get 3 bikes and gear in a 1998 Tacoma, you just gotta know how to pack. I ride/race every weekend and I bring my race bike, practice bike, and wife's bike and its no problem, ya just gotta know how to do it!

Here in Cali we gotta drive 55 with a trailer so I would rather fit the bikes in the truck and drive FAST!
Old 09-27-2014, 07:52 PM   #12
Large Member
Werloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of lightWerloc is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Bob
Werloc's Tacoma Gallery
I picked this up last week for $50 bucks on craigslist, only used once. Perfect to haul my TW 200 down to the Pine Barrens. Plan to put lights on it from Harbor Freight for $20. Easy to load by myself with my bad back....