Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

I WANT THIS!!!! KTM 1290 Superduke

Old 11-26-2012, 01:34 AM   #1
BOOM goes the dynamite!
greenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Ian
greenguy3's Tacoma Gallery
I WANT THIS!!!! KTM 1290 Superduke

Who's seen the new 2013 KTM 1290 Superduke R? This thing is bitchin!

Check out the vid!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=7zlOkYysCNI

And this doesn't make your peepee twitch there's something wrong with your system...
Old 11-26-2012, 01:55 AM   #2
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
That's bad ass, will it ever make it here? Their last super bike didn't, can't hardly even get there dirt bikes any longer. On a different note, that Duke reminds me of this little gem.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:40 AM   #4
BOOM goes the dynamite!
greenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgreenguy3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
That's bad ass, will it ever make it here? Their last super bike didn't, can't hardly even get there dirt bikes any longer. On a different note, that Duke reminds me of this little gem.

Ooh, yeah lucky me being in Italy they're getting a couple in in the shop a little ways away. Word is they're probably gonna release this one to the states, but not until maybe 2014
Old 11-26-2012, 05:04 AM   #5
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's bad ass, will it ever make it here? Their last super bike didn't,
I thought KTM's first and only superbike is the RC8 which is stateside. Which other superbike are you referring to? Is it a euro only model?
Old 11-26-2012, 05:39 AM   #6
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
I thought KTM's first and only superbike is the RC8 which is stateside. Which other superbike are you referring to? Is it a euro only model?
I'd say the RC8 is just a sportbike compared to this Super Duke, it's SUPER!
Old 11-26-2012, 08:45 AM   #7
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenguy3 View Post
Ooh, yeah lucky me being in Italy they're getting a couple in in the shop a little ways away. Word is they're probably gonna release this one to the states, but not until maybe 2014
That pic was snapped by my brother in Austin TX dealship last weekend, so must already be here. I wasn't aware the RC8 was ever imported, buddy that's a KTM mechanic told me they were not gonna import them, seems like they started in 2009 in very small numbers. Again, they can't hardly get any dirt bikes from KTM for some reason.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:48 AM   #8

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a supermoto from same dealer.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #9
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4daddy View Post
That pic was snapped by my brother in Austin TX dealship last weekend, so must already be hear. I wasn't aware the RC8 was ever imported, buddy that's a KTM mechanic told me they were not gonna import them, seems like they started in 2009 in very small numbers. Again, they can't hardly get any dirt bikes from KTM for some reason.
Huh? The pic was of an Aprilia, not a KTM
Old 11-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #10

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Huh? The pic was of an Aprilia, not a KTM
Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought our statement was towards the Aprilla I posted, per the "I'm in Itlay" statement, not the Katoom.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #11
dbratcher has much to be proud ofdbratcher has much to be proud ofdbratcher has much to be proud ofdbratcher has much to be proud ofdbratcher has much to be proud ofdbratcher has much to be proud ofdbratcher has much to be proud ofdbratcher has much to be proud ofdbratcher has much to be proud of
dbratcher's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=t4daddy;6043335]That's bad ass, will it ever make it here? Their last super bike didn't, can't hardly even get there dirt bikes any longer. On a different note, that Duke reminds me of this little gem.

The RC8's and the R models made it over but it was in small numbers. There is one now on the hsv craigslist. The dirt bikes are easy to find, Shoals has quite a few thirteen models but i would drive to Performance in Cookeville TN to buy. Really good guys up there.

And yes that bike is sweet! I had a Super Duke for a while and loved it. Being a dirt bike guy i felt right at home. I rode an RC8 at a track day and felt out of place on it.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:24 AM   #12

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
Where in N. Alabama are you, Shoals is where my buddy works, (the one that told me they couldn't lay there hands on any bikes) must have been a between model thing. My wife works for the guy that owns Shoals (Long Lewis Ford) so I get pretty good deals there.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #13
dbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brooks
dbkid05tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have watched that video at least 20 times. I plan on ordering one as soon as a release date is announced. I'm just wondering if they will take that engine and put it into an RC8R.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #14
MxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxRacer190 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MxRacer190's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Who's seen the new 2013 KTM 1290 Superduke R? This thing is bitchin!

Check out the vid!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=7zlOkYysCNI

And this doesn't make your peepee twitch there's something wrong with your system...
Dear god what did I just watch. . . I don't even know what to do with my life now. . . I'm going to have to sell everything.
Old 12-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #15
The Fed is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
The Fed's Tacoma Gallery
Sick bike!! If Satan rode a motorcycle......