Originally Posted by gooch14
you're inspiring me to get to work on mine more. just wish my garage was heated.
haha Im doing all this in our school's shop, which is basically a tin can in the middle of the desert. Luckily it does have a heater which manages to keep the temp around 50*.
So small update today, started the day with carb tuning. I attempted to set the mixture screws using the dead cylider method, but was unable to detect any change in idle speed with adjustments to the screws so not sure what's up with that. Im thinking my pilots may be too small still.
So I left those at 3 turns out and moved on to syncing. I got them close to sync'd by ear, then hooked up my home made manometer.
Turns out my ear was pretty good! only had to move the screw about a millionth of a turn to get them dead on.
Next I moved on to the seat. I had carved up some foam earlier for the seat and my mom helped me sew the cover since Im full retard with a sewing machine. I think it came out okay, better than expected.
Rolled it outside for some pics.
Finally I was able to ride it home tonight! Found out that the rear brakes SUCK! also my gauges don't light up, need to figure that one out ASAP.
Edit: forgot to mention that I also bent up the kick starter to clear the rear sets. It came out really nice surprisingly, other than the fact that I torched to rubber on it accidentally
. I'll get pics of that tomorrow.