1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

* OFFICIAL MOTOCROSS THREAD *

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by J88logue, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Mar 7, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    J88logue

J88logue [OP] NorthWest Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    HWY 30
    Vehicle:
    02 D.C. TRD
    Clicko BUILDo
    WELCOME!!
    Just thought it be nice to have an area for racers to B.S. about the racing world!
    Who are you, what do you ride, how long you been racing, favorite racer, favorite track, sponsors etc.

I've been racing since i was 8 (22 now) all over the Pacific Northwest.(Wahsougal, PIR, Woodland, Riverdale, Goldendale, Salem Arenacross, Longview)
    Number 88, on a 08 rmz 250!
    Sponsors:
    -Renthal
    -Yoshimura
    -DecalWorlks
    -Lomas Financial
    -Dunlop
    -KalGard
    -GoPro (in progress)

Favorite Track is Washougal mx - Season opener is next month!

skijump_a97887bb9801adc54a829baabdaa9f27e1d47b82.jpg
    [​IMG]

Also just ordered some new race plates yesterday.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  2. Mar 10, 2013 at 10:01 PM
    TacoMX

TacoMX TW's Official anti body-lift pundit

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    Nice...no replys yet though...

I used to race. I have ridden side I a was 5..first bike was a jr 50.

I never got a chance to race big bikes. I raced 16'' Open in the midsized mini class from the time I was 15-16. I raced a hopped up DRZ125L (i'll get pics later)

I stopped racing when I was 16...too many injuries and concussions.

I ride a 2005 crf250R now, just put around. Im fat now...so will probably be upgrading to an EFI 450 soon.

Got back on the track about a month a go after being off an MX track for 5 years...and I was WINDED after about 30 seconds...damn I am out of shape now.

:anonymous:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  3. Mar 21, 2013 at 10:21 AM
    JRod4928

JRod4928 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    '12 Tacoma SR5
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau WeatherTech Floor Liners Pop & Lock Tailgate Lock Antenna X Black Mesh Grillcraft with Tacoma Badge (Upper) and Cross (Lower) 18" BMF Wheels / Cooper 31.5" Tires 2" Leveling Kit
    -From Pittsburgh PA
    -08 YZ 125
    -Ridden on-off for 12 years. stopped riding for 8 years, until this summer :)
    -Used to race 125C (back when it was 125) on a 98 RM 125
    -No Sponsors obviously
    -I want an Eric Gorr 144 for my YZ.
    -Fav rider used to be McGrath, now if I had to pick, I'd say Villopoto

4. Mar 21, 2013 at 10:29 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Those are some sick sponsors!!

5. Mar 21, 2013 at 2:11 PM
    J88logue

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    HWY 30
    Vehicle:
    02 D.C. TRD
    Clicko BUILDo
    Lost Snap Fitness since -

Picked up KalGard oils and Dunlop tires :)

6. Mar 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM
    J88logue

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    HWY 30
    Vehicle:
    02 D.C. TRD
    Clicko BUILDo
    Nice man love it!!!

The flying pumpkin is good!
    I remember when he first started racing pro lights at Washougal and there was a section they names AREA 51. :)

7. Mar 21, 2013 at 3:01 PM
    TacoMX

TacoMX TW's Official anti body-lift pundit

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    Here's a shitty pic of my 250.

Has some minor stuff done to it...fmf exhaust w/ power bomb, asv levers, hammer head case saver...and apparently it has a lot of head work done by the PO. He was an A class rider and had a lot of money in the bike. This was his practice bike and only had 30 hours in it. Pretty good for an 05.

yvybume9_9e443bf87dacc63c38f8efcbec802a2c4a4ed781.jpg

8. Mar 26, 2013 at 3:07 AM
    PMK

PMK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, URD Y pipe with O2 sims.
    I'm old, but still follow MX and SX.

My race years were the heyday of the mid 1970's in New England.

When younger, my last race bike was a 1977 RM125B, with Fox Dual Air Shox, Thor Swingarm and long travel oem forks. The motor was built with a hand signed Don Emler FMF cylinder, FMF pipe and a bunch of other mods.

In 2001, after a long lay off from riding I had an order in for a then new to be released YZ250f. Did not get it as the dealer would not honor his price when the bike arrived. Bought a 2001 YZ426f instead. Modded that into an easily ridden beast.

Now I have my old woods race bike, a KTM 250exc 2 stroke with a tag so it is street legal. This bike has been modded with a Rad valve, recut head done by myself, plus other stuff. Suspension is done up too with some factory parts and a rear shock hybrided from various shocks to make it work really well.

My other bike may never be finished. Working to restore my 1981 KTM 495mc. This is the last year KTM had a twin shock mx open class machine.

The latest MX bike in the house is my Granddaughters bike I built for her. She is still to young to ride, but should start in a couple of months when she turns 3.

!999 PW50, oil injection removed, QA50 moped gears, fastway footpegs, Moly coated piston, single throttle cable instead of split cable used with oil injection. The bike runs on 100ll avgas and Klotz r-50. With the different gearing and no oil injection, it runs pretty crisp for a low performance bike, and now will easily pull an adult through the dirt plus did not loose much top end from the gearing change.

PK

Products Discussed in

To Top