Keep the Ninja 5 31.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
The slowest build EVER!!
MI4x4Toy will become famous soon enough

Name: Matt
MI4x4Toy's Tacoma Gallery
Triumph or Not

Ok guys, I posted this on the zx6 forums as well but obviously they are going to be biased towards the ninja! So I'm relying on the best group of enthusiasts on the interweb!

So with a very good opportunity financially I could potentially trade my bike in without taking a hit at all or possibly a very small hit in worst case scenario. I've been a Kawi fan since forever. Like models of ninjas were a main play toy!

Anyway I've got my eyes set on the new street triple R. For one they sound killer and two it would be more comfortable. The looks just aren't that of a sport bike. I like the long trips where you're out exploring all day long.

Here's my 2011:

Triumph:
Old 03-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
zx6r
Old 03-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #3
Pick your poison
okie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
okie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI4x4Toy View Post
. I like the long trips where you're out exploring all day long.

Z 1000

/ thread

Attached Thumbnails
Triumph or Not-2012-kawasaki-z1000-5.jpg   Triumph or Not-z1000.jpg  
Old 03-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #4
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Go for it! I like how the Triumph Street Triple R looks.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Z 1000

/ thread

Why, I am not sure but this option never crossed thru my head...

Good one!!

It's got the half naked look, upright position and shit tons of power.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #6
Pick your poison
okie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

okie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

It's got the half naked look, upright position and shit tons of power.

Yep. I would love to have one myself.

You also may consider the Ninja 1000

Same up right ergos as the Z, yet with more fairing & styling ect....
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph or Not-2011-ninja-100017.jpg  
Old 03-11-2013, 06:20 AM   #7
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok guys, I posted this on the zx6 forums as well but obviously they are going to be biased towards the ninja! So I'm relying on the best group of enthusiasts on the interweb!

So with a very good opportunity financially I could potentially trade my bike in without taking a hit at all or possibly a very small hit in worst case scenario. I've been a Kawi fan since forever. Like models of ninjas were a main play toy!

Anyway I've got my eyes set on the new street triple R. For one they sound killer and two it would be more comfortable. The looks just aren't that of a sport bike. I like the long trips where you're out exploring all day long.

Here's my 2011:

Triumph:
just got myself a 2012 zx6r this past weekend. ima say get what you think is more comfortable. i havent had it long but i know ima be gettin another seat here soon, long hauls make ya sore i already noticed
Old 03-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #8
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06indigoink View Post
just got myself a 2012 zx6r this past weekend. ima say get what you think is more comfortable. i havent had it long but i know ima be gettin another seat here soon, long hauls make ya sore i already noticed
Three hour group rides are hell. I love my ninja...it sounds sweet and its quick/agile. We will see in the next few weeks I guess.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #9
bigweb2001 is on a distinguished road

bigweb2001's Tacoma Gallery
Go for a nice used SPEED triple. Tons of torque for wheelies and the models with the round headlights look better than the new ones...
Old 03-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #10
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
A friend of mine had a 2008 Speed Triple....me an 05 Hayabusa. We swapped bikes one day on a ride and he was alot happier than I was. The Triumph felt really weak and the upright seating was too windy at higher speeds. As for the looks, I would've taken his any day.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #11
WVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
WVtriple's Tacoma Gallery

If your worried about it looking like a sport bike, then get the Daytona R. You'll never look at a Jap bike the same way again. But if it comfort then the Street is just a naked Daytona. But definitely get the R spec bike. Brembo's, Ohlins, and a host of carbon fiber tid bits. But like I said earlier, and I owned my fair share of I-4's from Tokyo, once you ride a triple or a twin from Europe nothing else out there will stir you...........except an I-4 from Germany
Old 03-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #12
WVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
WVtriple's Tacoma Gallery
Can't fairly compare a 1050 speedy with a 1300 Busa, of course the Busa is faster, and will feel more stable at triple digit touring. You're going from fully fared to naked. Take it through some twists and I mean nice tight descending radius and technical stuff, the triumph will put a little distance from you and not feel quite as weak. Not saying the Busa is a straight line, big sweepers only heap, I almost traded my BlackBird in for the awesome looking white pearl when it first came out, but the thought of me getting all Icon gear and Timberland butters to ride, just wasn't me.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #13
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
You can always convert it to a fighter. High rise bars for upright sitting position and better ergos. And still have the capability of a sport bike. Here's what I did with mines.

Before

After
Old 03-12-2013, 03:05 AM   #14
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIst8ofMIND View Post
You can always convert it to a fighter. High rise bars for upright sitting position and better ergos. And still have the capability of a sport bike. Here's what I did with mines.

Before

After
That's actually pretty sick, nice work!

The wind isn't much of a problem. It's rare that I do highway because the wife on her 250r just doesn't have the motor to get out of trouble. So we usually find a twisty back road path to our destination.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #15
Six lugs of fury!
Performula is on a distinguished road
Name: Justinian the Gr3iht
Performula's Tacoma Gallery
My '07 ZX6R was a POS. I'm being honest. The lower cowl had a run in the paint from the factory, fuel tank sagged on one side, after 4k miles the fuel tank lock corroded, the freaking valve cover leaked - twice even under warranty, no matter how I adjusted the chain (I think it was the geometry) - it would tag the swingarm sometimes, chinsy fasteners. I'll never own another Kawasaki other than an 04/05 ZX10.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #16
The slowest build EVER!!

Well I got an offer on the ninja I couldn't pass up and got the R model for the price of the standard street triple.

Here she is:

Got delivered today and haven't had time for a good picture.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #17
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #18
Six lugs of fury!
Performula is on a distinguished road
Name: Justinian the Gr3iht
Performula's Tacoma Gallery
Good for you
Old 03-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #19
Pick your poison

okie's Tacoma Gallery
Grats.

Dig the white.

Seems this yr there is an abundant of white bikes aval......

zx10r
ninja 1k
14r
Busa
Panigale

etc..
Old 03-16-2013, 03:25 AM   #20
The slowest build EVER!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie View Post
Grats.

Dig the white.

Seems this yr there is an abundant of white bikes aval......

zx10r
ninja 1k
14r
Busa
Panigale

etc..
I know it. Pretty much the entire Kawi line up is in white. White just looks hot on so many bikes.