LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Do u stop or just keep riding?

Old 03-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
Styx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStyx586 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Petty Officer
Name: Terrance
Styx586's Tacoma Gallery
Do u stop or just keep riding?

So I just got a flat tire on my bike in the middle of nowhere and countless bikes have ridden past without stopping to see if I needed help. I got a couple buddy's on the way so I'm good but the fact remains, if I see a fellow biker on the side of the road I stop to see if they need any kind of help! Anyone else feel the same or do u just keep riding???
Old 03-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Depends on a ton of things. If I have a patch kit and feel reasonably safe - I'll stop. If I don't have my kit or it's late/secluded/feel weird...I'll pass.
If they are laid out next to a trashed bike I'll stop unless there are already other people there.

Too many factors to say a solid 100% of the time answer.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Well on my quad I'd stop, unless something seemed sketchy. I don't have a dirtbike... In my truck I generally slow down and wave if I run into anyone, walking, quads, bikes, truck or whatever. Give em a chance to wave me down if need be.

edit: ahh mind jumped to middle of nowhere... IE not paved
Old 03-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
People stop on the side of the road all the time... As Brunes said, if it looks like you crashed and are down, that's one thing...

But if people stopped every time they saw someone on the side of the road... I feel like that would be very time consuming.

Sorry about your tire. That shit sucks.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:56 PM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan DCFS View Post
People stop on the side of the road all the time... As Brunes said, if it looks like you crashed and are down, that's one thing...

But if people stopped every time they saw someone on the side of the road... I feel like that would be very time consuming.

Sorry about your tire. That shit sucks.
I also look at the rider...If you are on a cell phone talking or texting...Then I'll asume you are fine. If you are waving me down-I'll consider all that other stuff and decide to stop or not.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #6
New Tacoma 0wner!!!
TreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreeFortRichard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TreeFortRichard's Tacoma Gallery
yeah...onus is on the disabled driver to flag someone down in the cellphone age...but if I see someone being stupid I will call 911 and report their location for the police. I saw an SUV last week stop dead on a blind off-ramp attempting to change the drivers side tire while pulled over to the right...idiot looking to get turned into bumper confetti...I called the police...
Old 03-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #7
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
I don't ride street, but when I see someone stopped on the trail or looking confused or mad or anything, I do stop and ask of they are OK. Many times I have been able to provide direct help with their machine, or at least give them some water while I relay a message back to their camp so others know where the person is and what's going on.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #8
dbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the sheddbkid05tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brooks
dbkid05tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
i have always stopped when i have been in the desert on my dirtbike for people to see if they are ok. when it comes to being on the road i only stop if they are waving me down or have that oh shit im screwed look on there face.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #9
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
I stop to at least ask, but I am not towing anybody with my dirtbike, lol.

If I get a flat I just ride it personally (front or rear). If the motors running, I will get it back somehow.

I used to ride a lot of Baja, I have ridden over 35 miles on a flat (rear) fishtail city! But it can still be ridden, just dont hit rocks and your wheel should survive.

Or if your going far, carry a tube and a kit, maybe a small bottle of slime, or at least some big zip ties to keep the tire bead seated so you can get back.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #10
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Good comments.
If I'm not being flagged down, I won't stop unless it looks like something is wrong.

But that depends. I was on my way back from a job in Palm Springs one afternoon and it was over 100. Other side of the highway there were two bikers stopped, sitting in the dirt.
I whipped around at a break in the divider, made sure they had help on the way (one of the bikes had crapped out), and gave them each a couple of bottles of cold water (I was on the way home and no longer needed them).
Old 04-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #11
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Slow down to check. If I think they need it. Then I'll stop.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #13
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
I don't . I've never seen a bike towed home unless its wrecked . I always see people fixing their road flats on the spot .

Edit- bicycle that is . Not sure what you mean by " bike "
Because we ride bicycles in the motorcycle sub forum. Lol. Just saying. Don't report me to the angry noob thread.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #14
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, if I can stop safely, I will also stop to at least see if any help is needed. Would appreciate it if I ever need help. I try to do to others as I would hope others would do to me, or something like that.

Some of the roads I like to ride have some bitchn scenery along the way. Sometimes I stop to take in some of those views. Sometimes I get people stopping in their cage asking if I am ok. Most bikes that ride by will look, and I always give a wave/node to let them know I am good.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #16
Defend Hawaii

Quote:
Oh yeah just noticed motorcycle section . Curious though what could another motorcycle do ?
Not much. But there's an unspoken camaraderie between riders.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #17
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Oh yeah just noticed motorcycle section . Curious though what could another motorcycle do ?
If the rider doesn't have a cell phone, or in the middle of the sticks and there's no cell coverage, go get help, gas, etc....

If it's a flat or breakdown and you have the tools.....
My left saddlebag is the "shit I hope I don't need" bag.
Pump, patch kits, chem-lights, road safety vests, serious first aid kit.
Right saddlebag has enough tools to replace my clutch at the side of the road if needed.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #18
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
If the rider doesn't have a cell phone, or in the middle of the sticks and there's no cell coverage, go get help, gas, etc....

Right saddlebag has enough tools to replace my clutch at the side of the road if needed.
Ahhh ok .
Old 04-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #19
Defend Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post

Riding a sport bike leaves not much room.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIst8ofMIND View Post
Riding a sport bike leaves not much room.
There's more than one reason I don't own a sportbike.

Being 6'3" is one reason.
Wife being wider than a TRD seat is another.

And I like tearing up the corners dragging the floorboards on the cruiser.