LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Official Dual Sport BS Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #41
DirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dino
DirtyTacos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
'04 600. Yellow and black. First road bike I ever owned. Did a couple track days on it. Cartwheeled it once. Fixed it and rode it for another 2 years and sold it to buy a trials bike.

I haven't checked out any of the newer sport tourers. A friend has an ST1100 and loves it. Wicked fast old guy on a bike that doesn't look like it should be going that fast
Ohh that sounds like a sweet setup, the GSXR 600 is great bike. hahaha old guys FTW!! (im not old)
Old 03-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #42
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
I laugh every time I see him. Long white beard and an open faced helmet with goggles. I loved my GSXR. Just had to get rid of it before I cashed in my life insurance policy. I did some dumb things in that bike and should have been in trouble almost every time I threw a leg over it. Maybe I'll get one of the new KTM 690s
Old 03-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #43
DirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedDirtyTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
I laugh every time I see him. Long white beard and an open faced helmet with goggles. I loved my GSXR. Just had to get rid of it before I cashed in my life insurance policy. I did some dumb things in that bike and should have been in trouble almost every time I threw a leg over it. Maybe I'll get one of the new KTM 690s
Yeah sometimes we just cant help ourselves, i mean if the power is there were going to use it Yeah im looking at the 690 Duke for my next bike, i jave heard their a blast.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #44
guitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zach
guitarjamman's Tacoma Gallery
Question for you dual sport riders: What type of helmet do you use?

I have a FOX motocross helmet (DOT approved) and wear a set of racing goggles with it. I am thinking of buying a more protective full face helmet along the lines of this:

I ride the bike as much as I can during the summer, especially for commuting to work. I have been hit in the space between the goggles and helmet one too many times with rocks/bugs but don't know if there is any benefit to my current setup that aI would miss out on.

I really also wouldn't mind not having to worry about that gust of wind catching my visor when cruising at 65 mph. Nothing more fun than trying to keep your head from ripping off because you looked up while moving.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #45
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Just came across this thread. Sold off my bikes a few years ago but I still have my 06 XT225 back home just sitting at my parents place waiting for me to come back and resurrect it someday. . . Mayhaps this Summer I shall get back into it
Old 04-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #46
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjamman View Post

I have a FOX motocross helmet (DOT approved) and wear a set of racing goggles with it. I am thinking of buying a more protective full face helmet along the lines of this:

I ride the bike as much as I can during the summer, especially for commuting to work. I have been hit in the space between the goggles and helmet one too many times with rocks/bugs but don't know if there is any benefit to my current setup that aI would miss out on.

I really also wouldn't mind not having to worry about that gust of wind catching my visor when cruising at 65 mph. Nothing more fun than trying to keep your head from ripping off because you looked up while moving.
I need to look into the same haha the visor gets me time and again.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #47
Whitey taco woot woot
OffRoadAdam is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
OffRoadAdam's Tacoma Gallery
this here is a cool thread, this summer im planning on converting my wr250f to a road bike, hopefully getting the street tires and rims for it soon after. I want to go the baja designs route, anyone have experience with that?? Heres a link for my bike:

http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDe...mNumber=121229
Old 04-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #48
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyTacos View Post
Yeah sometimes we just cant help ourselves, i mean if the power is there were going to use it Yeah im looking at the 690 Duke for my next bike, i jave heard their a blast.
The duke is what I was thinking of. KTM sent a factory truck to our dual sport a couple years ago. Had all models available in the US for demo rides
Old 04-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #49

If anyone gets a free moment:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/mot...ml#post6684777

Didn't want to clog this thread up with questions ha
Old 04-02-2013, 07:31 PM   #50
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Baja design makes good shit. Both my bikes had their kit, same with my buddies. Never any issues and super simple to install.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #51

Quote:

I tend to switch back and forth between my dirtbike helmet and my full face, it all depends on weather and how far im going
Old 04-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #52

Check out my supermoto vids, let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SkeetSquab?feature=mhee
Old 04-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #53
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
I tend to switch back and forth between my dirtbike helmet and my full face, it all depends on weather and how far im going
^^this. I have a Shoei RF1000 for the pavement and a Fox V3 for the dirt.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #54
guitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Check out my supermoto vids, let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SkeetSquab?feature=mhee
Man, you scraping pegs on some of those turns? I have a decent set of dual sport tires, but want to get some pavement treads. I dare not lean too far on anything that may resemble a knobbie.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #55
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Man, you scraping pegs on some of those turns? I have a decent set of dual sport tires, but want to get some pavement treads. I dare not lean too far on anything that may resemble a knobbie.
Getting the back end sideways is the fun part though!

Actually I nearly soiled myself a few times on my TKC80's on pavement, and low sided once on a dirt road.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #56
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Getting the back end sideways is the fun part though!

Actually I nearly soiled myself a few times on my TKC80's on pavement, and low sided once on a dirt road.
Yeah, I got a set of Kenda K270s that are decent (read: cheaper) tires. Got squirrely on a couple turns last summer. Goosed it a little hard coming out of a turn and had the ass end wobble. Always puts you in your place for a little bit.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:07 AM   #57

Quote:
haha i scrap some peg here and there! Yeah i would really recommend a good set of purebred street tires, leaning on knobbies and even some duel sport tires can be sketchy.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #58
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd! Converting a DR-Z400e into a street legal dual sport, should have it all complete by the end of April!!!

Dual Sports FTW!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #59
Stop staring at me swan!
tacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoman15 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tacoman15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJack09 View Post
Sub'd! Converting a DR-Z400e into a street legal dual sport, should have it all complete by the end of April!!!

Dual Sports FTW!!!

Make sure to post up your progress on here! It would be a cool build
Old 04-03-2013, 11:28 AM   #60
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Mind if a BMW GS lurks?

I was looking at getting a FZ8, until my brother deployed and I "stole" his F650GS. DAMN that's a nice bike! I have only ridden to work and around the city. Hopefully will get out a play with it a little more before he returns. But I am now spoiled, this bike is great around town and I love the riding position.

I'll post a few pics when I get a chance.