Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Would you guys do this trade???

Old 04-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #21
usafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weather Journeyman
Name: Zach
usafwx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
KTM does.
so does yamaha and husky.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:23 PM   #22
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
Hey Speed freek, I did do the trade! You were too late! But honestly though, the bike is a cool bike. I have it town down to bare frame and am going through it all. Just saw the new 2014s are coming out and am prolly gonna liquidate all my other bikes too lol for one brand new bike.
Oh, well then...

I had a couple of 250 4ts and I had to rev them too much, and in the Desert racing series there isnt any discrepancy between a 4 or 2 strokes, so I pretty much walk away from the 4 strokes on my YZ in any bomb run (If racing in 250 class, not so much racing open). I'm kind of a power whore though..and only weigh 120# working for me so far.

Good luck with the new bike, they DO feel a lot lighter than the 450s even though the weight isnt so substantial, that I did like about the 250 4ts...was easier to ride on single track and technical stuff than the 450, for me anyway..
Old 04-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #23
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
Oh, well then...

I had a couple of 250 4ts and I had to rev them too much, and in the Desert racing series there isnt any discrepancy between a 4 or 2 strokes, so I pretty much walk away from the 4 strokes on my YZ in any bomb run. I'm kind of a power whore though..and only weigh 120# working for me so far.

Good luck with the new bike, they DO feel a lot lighter than the 450s even though the weight isnt so substantial, that I did like about the 250 4ts...was easier to ride on single track and technical stuff than the 450, for me anyway..
Yea I feel ya. I only ride track around here. My favorite bike so far is my 2010 yz250f. I have a couple Yamaha 450s as well but like I said, those and this kawi will be gone in a few weeks I think. Bikes in my area are beginning to sell like black gold.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #24
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
Too bad you're selling the big bikes, I love me some snappy torque! LOL

Anyway if you already have a 250F, I say keep the Yami smoker if it's in good shape and will last awhile before needing a rebuild.