Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Would you guys do this trade???

Old 03-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Question Would you guys do this trade???

Hey guys, I have someone who wants to trade their 2009 kx250f for my 2005 yz250 two stroke. Pics below, lmk what you think.

Couple things holding me back:
-He's over 3.5hrs away
-Couple registration issues but I can get them figured out.

Mine: 2005 yz250

His: 2009 kx250f

Old 03-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #2
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Well it looks like you are getting a newer bike for no extra cash on your end. Seems good to me if you like riding 4 strokes.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
Well it looks like you are getting a newer bike for no extra cash on your end. Seems good to me if you like riding 4 strokes.
Yea, he's telling me he "never raced". I know how that goes, I'm an ex racer (ie screen name). Just know nothing about kawi 250s
Old 03-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
They all run the same ha. Never raced usually means beat to hell. Motors last longer than top end on 2 stroker too.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #5
usafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weather Journeyman
Name: Zach
usafwx's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know man, its gonna be alot less umph. You're moving from a 250 smoker which is close to a 450 thumper, so the kx is gonna be like being on a 125 2 stroke. They did alot of good changes on the 2009, the last of the carb'd green machines, but you cant beat the reliability of a 2 stroke and a yamaha. I have had 2 YZ250f's now and my 125 was so easy to maintain. And EFI has its pro's and con's as does carb'd. In the end the kx will likely cost you more in upkeep and unlike a 2 stroke at some point it will come to its end (not cost feasible to rebuild a 4t engine). Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #6
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafwx View Post
I dont know man, its gonna be alot less umph. You're moving from a 250 smoker which is close to a 450 thumper, so the kx is gonna be like being on a 125 2 stroke. They did alot of good changes on the 2009, the last of the carb'd green machines, but you cant beat the reliability of a 2 stroke and a yamaha. I have had 2 YZ250f's now and my 125 was so easy to maintain. And EFI has its pro's and con's as does carb'd. In the end the kx will likely cost you more in upkeep and unlike a 2 stroke at some point it will come to its end (not cost feasible to rebuild a 4t engine). Just my 2 cents.
I have other bikes (two 450's).The yz is just a play bike for now. Still so undecided.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #7
porchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedporchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
porchop's Tacoma Gallery
I would do the trade. The frames on the kx are the same ones as the yz. in '06 they redesigned the frame for the yz and they were the best. i had a '08 yz250f. Check it out and find out how many hours are on the bike
Old 03-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #8
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJYota View Post
I would do the trade. The frames on the kx are the same ones as the yz. in '06 they redesigned the frame for the yz and they were the best. i had a '08 yz250f. Check it out and find out how many hours are on the bike
The 2005 frame on my bike is the same as the 2012. The forks changed in the 2006 to the SSS forks. Which are on my bike from a 2008.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #9
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
Yea, he's telling me he "never raced". I know how that goes, I'm an ex racer (ie screen name). Just know nothing about kawi 250s
it says "PRO CIRCUIT" right on it

.......i say.. keep your Bike
Old 03-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #10
doing my thing.
kcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to beholdkcbmx is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter: Hotshot
Name: Marco
kcbmx's Tacoma Gallery
Paperwork is sometimes not worth the hassle, I have friends that have bought bikes for cheap but then end up with way overdue registration or lean holds. Just make sure its legit.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #11
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Well I'm not seein a Toyota decal on his so... no
Old 03-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #12
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Dew it. My buddy has an 07 kx250f and loves it. He got it last summer at a pawn shop for 1000 below blue book. Never had any problems besides replaced the fork seals. Has a good amount of power.

Then again, I ride a 09 200xcw, and I love my 2 stroke
Old 03-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #13
808tacomas is on a distinguished road
Name: kingrob
808tacomas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
Dew it. My buddy has an 07 kx250f and loves it. He got it last summer at a pawn shop for 1000 below blue book. Never had any problems besides replaced the fork seals. Has a good amount of power.

Then again, I ride a 09 200xcw, and I love my 2 stroke

fuck KAWASUKIS/// RIDE RED. keep your 2 stroke because no componies make them anymore
Old 03-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #14
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Yamaha designed the heads in my truck so I would certainly own one of their bikes or atvs. In my opinion, Yamahas, Hondas, and Kawis are all pretty good.

Never ridden a bike but my Kawisaki bayou has been pretty bullet proof for a 13 year old four wheeler.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #15
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808tacomas View Post
fuck KAWASUKIS/// RIDE RED. keep your 2 stroke because no componies make them anymore
KTM does.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #16
usafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weather Journeyman
Name: Zach
usafwx's Tacoma Gallery
No team red unless you wanna deal with valves and doing the top end every 20-40 hours with their titanium nonsense. They do handle amazing, same can be said for the yellow. Cant speak for KX250f's, though my roommates has had non stop electrical issues (first year for EFI). My 2012 yz250f carb'd however thinks its fuel injected.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #17
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
KTM does.
Same with yamaha
Old 03-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #18
AKNnLA is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: CG Station Lake Charles, LA
Name: Thad
AKNnLA's Tacoma Gallery
DON'T DO IT!!! There is no comparison between the two bikes. Who cares if it is a 2009 if it is a 250f and you are used to a two stroke. I had the yamaha WR250X and my brother has a YZ 250 and there is no comparison even though my 4stroke was fuel injected and hopped up. Pretty embarrassing when a bike with knobbies smokes a bike with street tires on pavement.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #19
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Keep the SMOKER!! Your gonna regret it.

I have a couple of CRF 450Rs and a YZ 250 2t and they both have their advantages, I would never sell the YZ, I would sell one of my CRFs in a heartbeat.

I have had some newer 250 4ts and dont care for them, would rather swing a leg over the YZ.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #20
aka Frank Gallagher...

Law Enforcement:
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
Keep the SMOKER!! Your gonna regret it.

I have a couple of CRF 450Rs and a YZ 250 2t and they both have their advantages, I would never sell the YZ, I would sell one of my CRFs in a heartbeat.

I have had some newer 250 4ts and dont care for them, would rather swing a leg over the YZ.
Hey Speed freek, I did do the trade! You were too late! But honestly though, the bike is a cool bike. I have it town down to bare frame and am going through it all. Just saw the new 2014s are coming out and am prolly gonna liquidate all my other bikes too lol for one brand new bike.