Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Could use a little advice from the Dual Sport crowd (XT225)

Old 05-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #61
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
The future pipe dream

Old 05-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #62
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So I've been riding all week and have decided I may consider anything from a 90/10 to a 70/30 tire. It just wont do this bike justice to street it completely Even though it hurts my hands and back I've had too much fun riding off road and following train tracks to fully street it.

Problem is rear tires. Almost nothing I would like comes in an 18". I may have to compromise and get something that I don't quite want, but is "good enough".

Looking at Pirelli MT90s and maybe even Avon Distanzias. Both grip well on road but allow me to take a fire trail or dirt path here and there. Any recommendations are appreciated but I need street performace, both dry and wet, and the ability to do light off road once in a while. The problem is SIZE, not lack of options but lack of options in an 18 for the rear.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:43 PM   #63
Revjled is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
Revjled's Tacoma Gallery
Your rides

Nice truck and bike. I've got '11 taco and '07 bmw x challenge. Had great luck riding metzelers on the dual sport and just picked up brand new pair of continental tkc80s this week. They're seemingly bit more dirt than street - though I just rode it on asphalt today when I picked it up from shop to check balance etc... I'll try post pic later as I'm on ipad and too stupid todo
Old 06-21-2013, 05:49 PM   #64
Revjled is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
Revjled's Tacoma Gallery
18"

By the way my rear is 18" as well and again metzelers great on street and I just got the continental tkc80s all reviews say tkc bit more offroad oriented. The tkcs definitely rumbled onroad bit more madebbike feel wobbly 80/90 mph. havent been offroad yet. just loaded it in truck after short test ride and brought it hone as were moving monday. anyway May be worth a look bro - 18s harder to comedy and but pricier
Old 06-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #65
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
I've got an identical bike and the stock tires about done. I've been looking at these:

http://www.shinkotireusa.com/product/product.php?id=48
Old 05-16-2014, 11:43 AM   #66

I need to start a bike build thread. This just kind of became nothing haha

Just ordered:
-Jetting kit with shim for the jet needle
-UNI air filter
-16t front sprocket
-wider/better footpegs
-Handguards
-New Tires. I decided to go with Avon Distanzias. These were not my first choice. They were not even my fifth choice haha BUT I decided not to motard my little Yami out yet so they will get me by while I use it as a commuter.

Someday in the future it'll get a rear wheel laced to the front and some Michelins