Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Please wear a helmet

Old 05-10-2013, 11:20 AM   #21
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIst8ofMIND View Post
Why stop at helmets. Wear full gear. I don't mean full leather race suits either. That's a different subject matter. I see riders with little gear or full on race suit. Which is beyond me. I'm talking about proper gear. Like riding boots and not tennis shoes. Riding gloves, textile jackets and textile pants. Or if you wanna wear casual clothes like I do. I recommend under armor. My clothes are one size higher because I usually wear under armor. I've had to dump my bike because of a stupid tourist crossing into my lane on a blind s turn. Armor saved my ass.
i wear helmet(obviously) gloves, jacket, regular jeans (until i can get some motorcycle jeans that have the armor built in) and its impossible for me to find a pair of over ankle shoes that i like and feel comfortable on a bike. i can not stand boots at all, i hate shifting with them, so for now i just wear my sneakers, if i go down im sure i will regret it, but until i can find of good shoes gotta work with what i got
Old 05-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #22
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I was the same about boots as well. I had to adjust my rear sets to get it to feel just right. Once I got everything adjusted it feels great.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:22 AM   #23
tacosteven is on a distinguished road

Name: steven
tacosteven's Tacoma Gallery
I was working on my bike and was testing to see if my idle was set correctly. I was riding in my neighborhood at 30mph and without a helmet with shorts and flip flops.. I mean c'mon I was less than a quarter mile from my house in a residential area. Guy pulled out in front of me, luckily I wasn't working on my brakes because they stopped me a few feet from his drivers side door. I was lucky... but I now wear my helmet everytime I get on my bike, along with proper gear.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #24
Defend Hawaii
HIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIst8ofMIND is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: PJ
HIst8ofMIND's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post
i wear helmet(obviously) gloves, jacket, regular jeans (until i can get some motorcycle jeans that have the armor built in) and its impossible for me to find a pair of over ankle shoes that i like and feel comfortable on a bike. i can not stand boots at all, i hate shifting with them, so for now i just wear my sneakers, if i go down im sure i will regret it, but until i can find of good shoes gotta work with what i got
I tried riding with sneakers. It felt weird. I have gp style shifting. So it's easier.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #25
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
I never rode without a helmet. Always had at least my leather jacket and long gloves on also. More often than not I had my suit on. And yes I wore riding boots every time I rode. I cartwheeled my GSXR-600 at 70mph. Cracked some ribs and a little rash, but worst of all was the head impact I took. The back of my helmet (Arai RX-7 Corsair) hit a rock as big as my head. You can see the Kevlar in my helmet. Took a bunch of paint off. But I walked away. That is the best $800 I ever spent. I bought another one to replace it!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #26
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
I am pretty sure I would be a vegetable if I didn't wear a helmet. The amount of wrecks I have had on dirt bikes/motorcycles/bicycles and ATV's would have taken me out a long time ago. I have shattered 2 helmets, one saved my face, one saved my noggin.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #27
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
I live in PA, I will never understand why they dont have helmet laws. I always see riders speeding around riding like jackasses and see news stories about fatal motorcycle crashes, and the reporters always say whether or not the rider was wearing a helmet.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #28
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
In the last 3 years I know of 3 deaths.

1. High speed down then up underpass car turned left in front of him. I remember this guy driving at high speed on his rear tire several times in front of my house and wondered how long he'd live. Just a few months.

2. High speed into side of public transit bus.

3. High speed sweeping left fall head lodged under passenger side front wheel of oncoming Ford Focus.

Actually, it's at least 4 deaths locally, recently.

Weaving at 90 mph through traffic down the I95 without a helmet? Wow.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #29
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
only time i don’t wear one is when doing yard work with the rhino.

also any time i’m on my dirt bike or ATV i wear leatt brace and helmet. if i don’t i feel like i’m missing something. took like 5 rides to get use to the neck brace, but now i never ride anything but the rhino without it. it’s pretty un-comy to wear it on the rhino.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #30
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Also me and a buddy flipped a Kawasaki mule in snow one time and i busted my head on the roll bars and got 6 stitches! Could have been A LOT worse! and thats why unlike most i wear my helmet on the rhino even though it has roll cage and seat belts. i have people say well thats stupid, you don’t wear it in the car going to the store do you? i wish more places made people wear helmets when off roading.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:23 PM   #31
TwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to all

Name: Kyle
TwzteD's Tacoma Gallery
When i had my bike i rode in full gear, passenger also or no go. Full face helmet, leather or textile jacket, boots, gloves jeans/textile pants, You never know when somethings going to happen, id rather be safe then sorry. Always felt weird with no gloves on or helmet moving bike threw parking lot, i wouldn't be able to ride on the street with no helmet, its mandatory in NJ anyways.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #32
MadMan is on a distinguished road

MadMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post
Don't wait until it's too late.
I use to be like you, until I had an accident back in 95 and spend 2 weeks in ICU and 4 weeks in rehab learning how to walk again.
Now, I will not pull the bike out of garage, unless I wear full gear.

As far as boots, take a look at Sidi and Alpinestar.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #33
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
I don't get the guys riding down the freeway with their helmet strapped to the back of the bike.

I have watched cruiser guys spend a ton of time putting on their chaps, jacket, then vest (cut), a bandanna over the face, then one on their head and finally a pair of sunglasses.... but no helmet! They could have saved 5-10 mins "gearing up" with a helmet.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #34
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Here in Az its not a law to wear a helmet if you are 18 +. Figured I point that out.
FIFY
Old 05-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #35
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
I don't wear helmet but then again I don't ride a bike
But if I did I'd always wear the proper gear, there been to many accidents in my family bike related to even bother wanting to own one.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #36
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Helmets are for bitchez....bitchez.

+1 name ^that movie
Old 05-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #37
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBS View Post

+1 name ^that movie
Douche Bigalow
Old 05-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #38
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBS View Post

+1 name ^that movie
Cool as Ice...

Old 05-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #39
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
A helmet along with other goodies....

Old 05-21-2013, 01:42 PM   #40
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
This is another good point... those stupid skull caps ARE NOT HELMETS. Anyone who has the argument that it's better than nothing couldn't be more wrong. They do almost nothing to protect you in a fall. DOT helmets are designed to absorb the initial impact to help keep your noodle safe.
That's the truth. I know I'm horrible at wearing gear, but those half-helmets are damn near pointless in anything other then tipping over.

Sat in on an autopsy of a dude who wrecked his bike at about 40-50ish I believe was reported. Was wearing a half helmet. Died instantly. EMTs reported "something" was in his ear. Well, that something was his brain.
Cut open his dome and his skull looked like you took a hardboiled egg and rolled it on a table. His brain was so swollen that it was coming out of every place it could.