Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Please wear a helmet

Old 05-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #41
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Plus helmets look cool. One of the main reasons I wanted a sport bike as a kid was the gear.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #42
raskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedraskal311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
raskal311's Tacoma Gallery
So in fl helmets aren't required?
Old 05-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #43
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskal311 View Post
Not sure, call your local cops and ask, but what I found on google says

You need to be at least 21 years of age and have at least $10,000.00 worth of medical coverage insurance to be able to operate or ride upon a motorcycle without a helmet.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:41 PM   #44
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Not sure, call your local cops and ask, but what I found on google says

You need to be at least 21 years of age and have at least $10,000.00 worth of medical coverage insurance to be able to operate or ride upon a motorcycle without a helmet.
This is how I remember it from when I lived there a few years back...but honestly, why take a bigger gamble with your life??
Old 05-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #45
Mr Thundermaker is about to start barking fire!
RCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRCBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RCBS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Fades View Post
Douche Bigalow
Prettymuch.

Quote:
Cool as Ice...

Chicken dinner! +1

I must not be the only one who sat through that trainwreck. I will admit though...its so bad its good!

Seriously though I love my Bell RS1 and do not even consider getting on the bike without it. Working towards ATGATT status. Have a couple jackets, and two pair of riding gloves. Still need to pickup a dedicated pair of riding boots and some overpants.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #46
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
This is how I remember it from when I lived there a few years back...but honestly, why take a bigger gamble with your life??
Exactly! We don't have a helmet law in AZ and you'll never catch me or my wife riding without gear. Plus the wind burn doing 65mph on the freeway when its 115+ out side fucking sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBS View Post
Prettymuch.

Chicken dinner! +1

I must not be the only one who sat through that trainwreck. I will admit though...its so bad its good!

Seriously though I love my Bell RS1 and do not even consider getting on the bike without it. Working towards ATGATT status. Have a couple jackets, and two pair of riding gloves. Still need to pickup a dedicated pair of riding boots and some overpants.
I won it on DVD..... Cool world too.. 5$ DVD at walmart FTW!!!
Old 05-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #47
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Exactly! We don't have a helmet law in AZ and you'll never catch me or my wife riding without gear. Plus the wind burn doing 65mph on the freeway when its 115+ out side fucking sucks!

I won it on DVD..... Cool world too.. 5$ DVD at walmart FTW!!!

My ears can't take the beating. Too much noise and wind...The occasional bug
Old 05-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #48
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
My ears can't take the beating. Too much noise and wind...The occasional bug
There's another good reason!
Old 05-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #49
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raskal311 View Post
Nope, can ride around all day without a helmet.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #50
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
I believe in rider rights and all. but I don’t get why states have no helmet laws. I bet 1-200+ lives would be saved if everyone had to have a helmet! and no not those half helmets.

also I don’t get what people get out of not wearing one? I mean is the thrill of riding in it self not enough?

I know if i had a bike, i would never ride without a helmet, jacket, and gloves. I would also get the riding jeans that are padded and all. also since i already have one, I would wear my leatt neck brace. I have had 2 or 3 really small crashes with my dirt bike, with it and never even got whip lash or a sore neck at all.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:23 AM   #51
MadMan is on a distinguished road

MadMan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
I believe in rider rights and all. but I donít get why states have no helmet laws. I bet 1-200+ lives would be saved if everyone had to have a helmet! and no not those half helmets.

also I donít get what people get out of not wearing one? I mean is the thrill of riding in it self not enough?

I know if i had a bike, i would never ride without a helmet, jacket, and gloves. I would also get the riding jeans that are padded and all. also since i already have one, I would wear my leatt neck brace. I have had 2 or 3 really small crashes with my dirt bike, with it and never even got whip lash or a sore neck at all.

Do you wear something like this or just a padded donut type?

Old 05-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #52
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
Do you wear something like this or just a padded donut type?

Like that, but the Leatt brand. I for get witch model i got they have like 3 i think. I know i got like the middle priced one, I know itís not the cheapest one and the not most expensive one that make.

Those padded donuts donít do very much IMHO. at least not as evocative at protecting you.

There has been many stories that the Leatt or alpinstar(the one in the pic) of them literally saving racers lives. I got mine back in í09 and the one in the pic just came out. also I looked at it and it did not fit me as well. Also the real braces like the one in pic is quite adjustable for the buckles and stuff, for different body types and sizes. unlike the padded collars/donut types.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:43 PM   #53
O.F.
bb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: JFK Center, Fort Bragg, NC
bb609's Tacoma Gallery
One of my best bud's sons died a few years back, riding a motorcycle, wearing a helmet, dead anyway. He didn't give a crap what other people do or don't do. Neither do I...
Old 06-12-2013, 07:14 AM   #54
MiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MiniBike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoJosh View Post
Nope, can ride around all day without a helmet.

And we call them Organ Donors.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #55
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb609 View Post
One of my best bud's sons died a few years back, riding a motorcycle, wearing a helmet, dead anyway. He didn't give a crap what other people do or don't do. Neither do I...
You should care, if you live in a none helmet law state your insurance and taxes are partially paying for the morons who crash without a helmet. I'm sorry to hear about your friends son but are you saying that to show that helmets don't help? True, some crashes are going to be fatal no matter what, but there's no arguing that having a helmet on is safer than no helmet.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #56
WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!
CRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CRU's Tacoma Gallery
I've been in two motorcycle wrecks in my younger days. In one of those wrecks the helmet definitely saved my face from being ground down flat.

I've had discussions with the anti-helmet/gear crowd before and I always get the same excuse. "I don't ride that fast". I've always used the same argument against that. It always shuts them up and makes them think afterwards. It goes like this: How fast can you run? Let's be generous and say 10 mph. Now run down the street as fast as you can ... and dive in the air. How messed up are you going to be after that? (this is where their smile goes away) Now, do you ride your bike faster than 10 mph?

Old 06-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #57
O.F.
bb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: JFK Center, Fort Bragg, NC
bb609's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
You should care, if you live in a none helmet law state your insurance and taxes are partially paying for the morons who crash without a helmet. I'm sorry to hear about your friends son but are you saying that to show that helmets don't help? True, some crashes are going to be fatal no matter what, but there's no arguing that having a helmet on is safer than no helmet.
Nah, I just like to live on the edge.
Insurance for my 2011 FXDWG costs me $343/year for 250/500K coverage. I wonder how much my bike would cost to insure in your helmet law state. Any bets which is cheaper?
Old 06-12-2013, 07:40 AM   #58
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
You can go ahead and 'live free or die', me...I'm wearing my helmet.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #59
usafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to beholdusafwx is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weather Journeyman
usafwx's Tacoma Gallery
Sold my street bike as I figured my days were numbered and upgraded my dirt bike though the risk is still there at least I can account for more variables while riding on the track than the people on the road. I however though wear $500 knee braces, $500 boots, $600 helmet and a $300 neck brace when I ride, there is no excuse for not wearing gear.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:47 AM   #60
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone not wearing one is a complete idiot! So dumb I don't have the words to explain.

And for any moron that comes in this thread and says its cool not to wear one and will try to give reasons why...Do everyone a favor and punch yourself in the nuts... Idiots