Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Selling my dirt bike, First full size sport bike opinouns?

View Poll Results: Which bike?
600cc Super sport bike (CBR,GSXR,ZX6R,R6) 15 68.18%
Yamaha FZ8 800cc 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #21
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
motard
Old 04-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #22
jamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nicejamesinkeys is just really nice
Name: james
jamesinkeys's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the new bmw 600 sport. Dealers are selling them as fast as they arrive at the stealership. When I am back in the states, will sign up and a put a deposit on a black 650gt same bike, only fitted for touring. World wide distrubution is the problem, as the demand is very high.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:23 PM   #23
NorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to behold
NorCalTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Honda's are gonna be your best bet. Try out a CBR600RR.

Fun bikes but always wear the gear, if your not gonna gear up then dont ride.
Only takes once to get fucked up proper.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #24
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Trade it in and take the $ to go back to school for spelling lessons.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #25
06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed06indigoink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

06indigoink's Tacoma Gallery
i vote zx6r. cheapest 600 you can find new off the lot. buddy has a cbr, it rides more comfortable in the seat but doesnt handle as well. my mid-range blows his away. both are 12' bikes. if i wasnt on a ninja next bet would be an R6. everybody and their brother has a gsxr.

but i am partial.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #26
NorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to beholdNorCalTRD is a splendid one to behold
NorCalTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Let me get a bit more technical, I would hate for you to be steered in the wrong direction.
I work in sales, my last job was at a Honda/Kawi/Polaris dealership for about a year.

If you want a TRACK BIKE, the Kawasaki ZX-6R is the way to go.
It puts down the most power to the ground and has a host of accessories that will aid you on the track.
This DOES NOT mean it is the best bike for the street.

If you want a STREET BIKE, go for a Honda CBR600RR or a Yamaha R6.
The Honda will be more comfortable and user friendly, the Yamaha will handle SLIGHTLY better IF you are an experienced rider and know what your doing. I dont mean just manipulating the controls but also maintaining the bike properly for your riding surface.

My sincerest opinion is to get the Honda. Hands down best reliability and durability in the world (yes there is a difference), and since your buying new their warranty is bulletproof.

I will tell you that my '06 CBR600RR has 25,000 miles on her and has been down at LEAST three times. Still rides dead straight, all the plastics bolt up perfectly, engine is a BEAST (only makes a slight noise form worn timing chain guides), and has never even needed the valve service done.
I could sell her tomorrow for $5,000 cash no problem.

IMO the only big brand sport bike I wouldn't get is a GSXR simply because its the cheap mans bike and everyone and their mom has one.

Again, if you wont buy and wear good gear EVERY TIME YOU RIDE then dont buy the bike. Do yourself a favor and just walk away.
It is not a question of IF, it is a question of WHEN you will hit the ground. New rider? then it will more likely be sooner than later. When you do, you'll be praising every god in the universe that you had your gear on.

I recommend Shoie Helmets and Icon or Alpinestar Jacket and Gloves.
Once you have that go buy a pair or two of Kevlar lined jeans.

Yes the gear is expensive, but it is WORTH IT.

Pro-tips:
Dont touch your rear brake while turning
A low side is always better than a high side
Watch for gravel
Check your bike before every ride (pressure,tread,oil,etc)
Watch out for those damn cagers (cars)
Dont ride alone
WEAR ALL YOUR GEAR ALL THE TIME.

If you have any other bike questions shoot me a PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #27
G3T LO5T is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement: ACO
G3T LO5T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalTRD View Post
Honda's are gonna be your best bet. Try out a CBR600RR.
+1