LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Need a bike.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #21
mtxsub is on a distinguished road

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
well its my first bike i was going to get a 250 but nahh the r6 will be fine for me.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:02 AM   #22

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
yeah im going to get liability only thats why i need an older bike and i have an accident and under 21 the bike is going to be local only take it nice and slow with friends to go to school gym and the track maybe willo springs is a short ride away
Old 06-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #23

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
cant do 05 and newer im broke as a joke and still have options of bikes maybe a cbr600 friend just got one today for a steal or sv650 dont know its all about da moneyyy
Old 06-09-2013, 12:14 AM   #24
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxsub View Post
well its my first bike i was going to get a 250 but nahh the r6 will be fine for me.
as long as you're not an idiot, an R6 will be fine. you do have riding experience.
just be very aware of your surroundings and ALWAYS expect the person at the side road ahead to pull out in front of you, have your head on a swivel.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:26 AM   #25

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
yeah im going to ride in a empty lot to start (no class M) after i get the m license open country roads to get use to the power and gearing.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:33 AM   #26
top flight security
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
just practice your figure 8's / u turns as tight as you can before the test i took my test on an r6 and just rode the rear brake and you got to have alot of clutch control
Old 06-09-2013, 12:41 AM   #27

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
im takeing the msf class so maybe i will learn a little some thing their and from others online.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #28
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProForce View Post
X2.

R6 before '04 (I believe) are also carbureted, which blows. Lots of problem's prior to 05. Not trying to sell you mine because I don't think I'm ready to sell just yet anyways, but in your search I recommend 05+ and highly recommend fuel injected on any bike. Makes life way less stressful.
Actually the R6 started to be fuel injected in '03.

I know the 99-02 had a problem with second gear popping out.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #29
anotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud of
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Just dont ride like a jackass and asume every car around you cant see you
Old 06-12-2013, 06:58 AM   #30
MiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MiniBike's Tacoma Gallery
You will become invisible.

Buy the best gear you can afford.

Don't watch other cars, watch the drivers.

Be careful and learn to expect the unexpected.

Live to tell good stories in your old age.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #31
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i think im going to get and r6 going BIG!!!
I think the R6 is a horrible first bike. The R6, CBR600, GSXR600 and the ZX6R are nice bikes, but they aren't fun at speed limit speeds. When you're going 80, it feels like you're doing 30 and they get there in a heartbeat. They are also made to handle and they handle very well. The problem is, by the time you're in trouble, they are not very forgiving. I think something like the SV600, Katana or YZF600 would be a better choice. Acceleration is similar, they handle very well but you feel like you're moving and, if you get yourself into trouble, you have a better chance of being able to 'save' the bike. Personally, I find it more fun to be in a vehicle that I can actually push close to it's limits rather than be in something high end that I just can't use. An R6, you will never legally push to it's limits on a public road. I'm not doubting your ability to ride, I just think for a beginner on the road, a more timid bike is a better choice rather than one that begs you to push it harder and go faster.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #32
anotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud ofanotherreject has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I think the R6 is a horrible first bike. The R6, CBR600, GSXR600 and the ZX6R are nice bikes, but they aren't fun at speed limit speeds. When you're going 80, it feels like you're doing 30 and they get there in a heartbeat. They are also made to handle and they handle very well. The problem is, by the time you're in trouble, they are not very forgiving. I think something like the SV600, Katana or YZF600 would be a better choice. Acceleration is similar, they handle very well but you feel like you're moving and, if you get yourself into trouble, you have a better chance of being able to 'save' the bike. Personally, I find it more fun to be in a vehicle that I can actually push close to it's limits rather than be in something high end that I just can't use. An R6, you will never legally push to it's limits on a public road. I'm not doubting your ability to ride, I just think for a beginner on the road, a more timid bike is a better choice rather than one that begs you to push it harder and go faster.
I dont want to be the one to say it but i will, sounds like he made his decision and didnt really care about what the opinions were
Like most new riders he is concerned about his image rather then his safety. In a few weeks we will see a new thread " i wrecked my r6, it wasnt my fault for the following reasons".
The motorcycle safety course is a great class but it does nothing to give you street experiance and responsibility. Can you take the saddle of an r6 with no experiance and be a fine rider, sure, but majority of the time it ends in a wreck do to irresponsible behavior and no experience.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #33
Plus insurance rates will be high for the r6. Even if you get an fz6 ( damn similar to an r6) the insurance is a lot lower.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #34
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
you really shouldn't be trying to push ANY bike to it's limits on the street, get a track bike and do track days to get your speed out, then your street riding will be casual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherreject View Post
I dont want to be the one to say it but i will, sounds like he made his decision and didnt really care about what the opinions were
Like most new riders he is concerned about his image rather then his safety. In a few weeks we will see a new thread " i wrecked my r6, it wasnt my fault for the following reasons".
The motorcycle safety course is a great class but it does nothing to give you street experiance and responsibility. Can you take the saddle of an r6 with no experiance and be a fine rider, sure, but majority of the time it ends in a wreck do to irresponsible behavior and no experience.
it depends on the person. yes some will buy a brand new 600/1000cc sportbike and have it wrecked in a week. there are also many who do the same and are perfectly fine. i started on a CBR600 with 0 experience, and then went to a 929, 600rr and an RC51 in only a couple years. i had no problems. if you think you are invincible then you'll pay, if you respect the bike you'll be fine. obviously starting on a smaller bike is the better option but it isn't the only option.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:31 AM   #35

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
The rc51 is sick iv bin on one.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:24 AM   #36

Quote:
The rc51 is sick iv bin on one.
Best bike I have ever owned, would buy another in a heartbeat, and you can't beat the sound either, it was a beast.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #37

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
my dad had the nicky haden signed bike it was cool.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #38

Quote:
my dad had the nicky haden signed bike it was cool.
that was one of my favorites, although the blacked out 2005 is the one i have always wanted. mine was an 03, loved it.
Attached Thumbnails
Need a bike.-arizona-march-09-085.jpg  
Old 06-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #39
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Plus insurance rates will be high for the r6. Even if you get an fz6 ( damn similar to an r6) the insurance is a lot lower.
Couldn't have said it any better. OP, good luck, I hate to sound skeptical but you're making a mistake. Not really sure why you bothered to ask for advice since you seem pretty convinced not to listen to it.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #40
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Drive defensive... ALWYAS. Had a guy look right in to my eyes and come in to the lane I was in on the highway going 75 mph, idiot. Also on my 600RR & GSXR6 I paid a total of $250 insurance for a year.