Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Need a bike.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
mtxsub is on a distinguished road

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
Need a bike.

Hi tw I'm in need of a bike good price and cheap insurance. This is my first bike not looking for a 250 need a little more power. Plz I want to know what you recommend and no dual sports no need for an dirt style bike. Post pics
Old 06-02-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
My recommendation
http://york.craigslist.org/mcy/3830857906.html
Old 06-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #3
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Insurance is cheap, its not classified as a sportbike
Old 06-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
MadMan is on a distinguished road

MadMan's Tacoma Gallery
SV650 and be done.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
SV650 is a pretty good starter.

Are you more into sport bikes or cruiser types?
x2, what do you like and what's your riding experience? I know you said this is your first bike but have you riden dirt bikes or ATV's in the past? How big are you (makes a difference)?
Old 06-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #7

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
5"11 150 sport bike I would like but what ever has cheaper insurance.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #8
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
I think any of the newer 600's will be quite expensive. You can try to scoop up an older 600.

SV650 also comes in a full fairing model. I was only paying around $60 a month for mine.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #9
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Recommend to take the MSF class if you have not yet done so. You get your M endorsement when you pass the class (no DMV). Also, if you have 0 experience on a m/c, I recommend staring small for a riding season or two, sell the starter bike, then get the bike of your dreams. Get good habits and let the operation of the bike become second nature. Many lessons will be learned on the first bike of your first riding season. If you get a good used starter bike, they can generally be sold for the same price as you bought it for.

If you like sport bikes, I would consider the Ninja 250 or 500. The SV already mentioned is also a good starter bike, but probably at the high end of what I would consider a starter bike.

How old are you? Sport bikes are very expensive to insure. If you are considering cruisers, look at Honda Shadow Spirit or Ace, in the 750cc range.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #10

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
5"11 150 want a sport looking bike not feeling the cruisers Seems a little old man is I'm young enough to be on a sport for a while with out any back issues it's going to be used for local use no more than 50 miles weekly
Old 06-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #11
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
ninja 250 is excellent beginner bike if you have no experience. im 5'11 190-200 depending on the week and the ninja was a great beginner bike and i do not regret getting it or trying to start on a bigger size.

their inexpensive, you can sell it for what you paid, my liability is only 80 a year, im 21, although thats going to very greatly obviously from town to town company to company but the ninja is inexpensive to insure compared to others and is very forgiving and just a plain fun bike. no its not 'super fast', but it will 'beat' any average sedan on the road. its a light bike and an excellent beginner bike.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #12

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
250 in my area I will blow around like a kite won't due I have dirt bike experience. I need some more power I'm in no rush still want to save and get what I want and not settle.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #13
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Have you taken the MSF class yet? If you got a 100%, then ok I would consider you might be ready for a little bigger of a bike.

As has been suggested, check out the SV650 or Ninja 500. Great bikes and with enough power and fairly forgiving.

DO NOT GET A LITER BIKE as your first street bike.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #14

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
I'm taking the msf class in a couple weeks then I will get looking for a bike.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:41 PM   #15

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
i think im going to get and r6 going BIG!!!
Old 06-08-2013, 11:46 PM   #16
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Where are you located? I may be selling my 2005 R6 in Raven Black. Gonna ask $4500 for it. Comes with lots of expensive goodies!! Insurance is $20/month for me. Fits your criteria perfectly
Old 06-08-2013, 11:51 PM   #17

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
05 sounds nice but to much money im looking at a 03 red white and blue r6 on cycletrader i really dont need any thing flashy i don't need it stolen or trouble with the law glws.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #18
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxsub View Post
i think im going to get and r6 going BIG!!!
going big would be the R1.

i think the earlier R6's had second gear issues so be careful of that when looking at them.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:58 PM   #19
Thin Blue Line
ProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shedProForce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
ProForce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoids View Post
going big would be the R1.

i think the earlier R6's had second gear issues so be careful of that when looking at them.
X2.

R6 before '04 (I believe) are also carbureted, which blows. Lots of problem's prior to 05. Not trying to sell you mine because I don't think I'm ready to sell just yet anyways, but in your search I recommend 05+ and highly recommend fuel injected on any bike. Makes life way less stressful.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #20
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
depending how old you are an r6 is going to rape you on insurance, unless you get bare minimum