Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Any Track Days?

Old 06-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
GoPreds is on a distinguished road

GoPreds's Tacoma Gallery
Any Track Days?

Does anybody know any track days around Tennessee or even in Alabama, Kentucky, or Georgia? I know there used to be Nashville Superspeed Way but they closed down.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
GoPreds is on a distinguished road

GoPreds's Tacoma Gallery
Cool deal thanks for the info man! I've been wanting to go to one bad. You have to tell me how the NOLA Motorsports went.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #5
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Theres something ive always wanted to do, if you dont mind posting how much did you spend getting a street bike prepped , i know every track has different requirements and how much did it cost to actually get wheels rolling on pavement.....track fees etc....?
Old 06-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Prep cost me about 3 hours time...0 dollars for this specific event.

You have to do good maintenance - I run Repsol 4T synth oil in the engine and WaterWetter for coolant all the time. It's about 10 bucks for a bottle of WW that'll last you about 2 or 3 coolant swaps. Repsol oil is 11-14 bucks a bottle. I need to do brakes and fluid after this and I run Motul660 fluid @ 24 bucks a bottle. Tires cam run you a few hundo too depending on the age of your current set. More advanced riding and certain tracks might require safety wire and additional prep which will increase time and supplies required.

You can also pay to have that stuff all done...The "basic" prep at the speed shop here starts at $100 and goes up from there.

For gear - one piece or zip-together two piece leather suit will be 300-1200+ to buy or about 80-100/ day to rent. Gloves can be 50-200 or 20ish/day. Boots will be 130-300ish or 30-40/day to rent. Gotta have a good helmet too. There is also a bunch of nice to haves that'll make repeat track days nicer - Tire warmers, tent, generator, tool box, etc. also gotta factor in food, drinks, gas, and (if you want them) photos...it was 35 bucks for me to get all 64 photos or me from the sessions I rode.

Track fee was 420 for two days or 220 for 1...It will vary depending on what group you ride with and what the intent of the day is...Racing versus free rides versus training. Location will also influence price (Leguma Seca the cheapest one day is nearly 300).

I think those are all the costs I can think of...
Old 06-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #7
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that sounds like a lot. Why are all the fun hobbys expensive. Why cant i be one of those people with a "jogging" hobby, thats free.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Ehhh....If you ride alot you can find ways to offsets costs. I teach motorcycle safety classes to cover some of my track days. I also get a nice discount at CycleGear for being an MSF instructor. Bought a used suit and do ALOT of work myself. I want to get back into the swing enuf to start control riding, and therefore not paying for EVERY track day...just some of them.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #9
thie-trickster
ducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud ofducati has much to be proud of

Name: Chris
ducati's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on what organization you go with you can find cheaper prices. Depends on what level of instruction you are in search of. I would get a copy of roadracing world track day guide. It lists most of the track days and requirements for each. I went to one recently and it was $159. Ultimately it's going to cost me a lot more. Highsided and broke my collarbone. Don't let that discourage you though. I've been doing track days/racing for 12 years. First time I've ever broke anything, on my body anyways. See you at the track!
Old 06-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #10
Nixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shedNixinus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nixinus's Tacoma Gallery
I run track days here in socal. If anyone has any questions please feel free to message me.