LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Got injured and have a race on the 15th!!

Old 06-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Speed Freek's Tacoma Gallery
Red Bull Last Dog Standing, I did it!

Well, I jacked up my bicep just before the big race at Glen Helen on the 15th

its an Extreme Enduro so its gonna take all I got, now I got even less to give, lol. I think its really gonna kik my ass with my broken bicep (Torn Proximal Bicep Tendon)

www.prairiedogsmc.com/html/last_dog_standing_2013.html

Heres a little teaser

www.youtube.com/watch?v=loNhBXtystk
Old 06-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Ouch!! You sure you still want to race!?
Old 06-07-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
Turbo Meister
Speed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeed Freek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay21 View Post
Ouch!! You sure you still want to race!?
Do I want to? Yes! Is it a good idea, thats to be decided, most likely about 20 minutes into the race is when I will know for sure.

I dont think I can really do much more damage to it at this point, after all the ligament is completely severed and the bicep muscle has found a new home.

It doesnt hurt too badly, just a little "tight" and only surgery is gonna repair it (along with a torn rotator cuff on the same side).

I am no doctor, but an EMT/FF and have worked as an ER tech and have seen a lot of these types of injuries, doesnt really seem to be anything to do besides reducing swelling and now its just the muscle balled up (since it was almost 3 weeks ago now), not so much swelling at this point.

Shiet, bad timing, lol....
Old 06-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
Kick A$$ Member
LoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoadedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
LoadedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that looks painful! I am sorry to hear that. How did that happen?
Old 06-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #5
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Would ur shoulder have to compensate more now and cause further rotator issues?

Plainly, I would say don't race.............but if u wanna get technical, see a surgeon and ask what may happen.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Wholly hell... you're going to do that race with a torn bicep?!?! You're fukin nuts!! That thing looks like the Spartan race for dirt bikes!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
Turbo Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoadedTaco View Post
Damn that looks painful! I am sorry to hear that. How did that happen?
No not really painfull, but thats probably due to plenty of other things that hurt and my incredibly high pain tolerance, thanks though..

How it happened, well, I was in Johnson Valley playing around in the rocks on my dirtbike preparing for technical rock sections during desert races. I ended up playing around on this 4 foot high rock that was like a steep ramp/kicker.

I hit it probably 15 times (only in 2nd gear), on the 16th one my bike caught a bit more traction than I expected and ended up very nose high off the jump, I held on trying to get it back but it just jerked out of my grip upon landing and I heard a big POP! But didnt realize it was ME, I though it was the bike hitting the ground, but it wasnt.

But it doesnt hurt too bad, just worried about my strength/fatigue for this event, it is difficult for even the best riders on the planet when totally healthy, so for me its gonna be a chore to say the least, even more with my new custom bicep. But being a small framed person anyway I have extremely high endurance, but I think this race is gonna test that in every way possible.
Being that this is an Extreme Enduro I am going to be off the bike at times for sure, sliding down hills using my bike as a sled, launching it up hills, bouncing off rocks, etc...
Old 06-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #8
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Damn dude.That sucks. I say ice the hell out of it. Race then go get that thing operated on. Good luck..
Old 06-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #9
Turbo Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Would ur shoulder have to compensate more now and cause further rotator issues?

Plainly, I would say don't race.............but if u wanna get technical, see a surgeon and ask what may happen.
I hope not, still been riding a lot and doing very difficult stuff and it doesnt seem to effect my riding. When on the bike I end up using mostly my chest, tricep back and core muscles, and yeah the shoulder is heavily involved as well but doesnt seem to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Wholly hell... you're going to do that race with a torn bicep?!?! You're fukin nuts!! That thing looks like the Spartan race for dirt bikes!
Yes, lol. I have a couple of friends in it too and if I can beat them I will be able to give them shit till the day they die! Telling them a 5'6" 120# guy with severe injury beat them both! maybe..
Old 06-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #10
Turbo Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post
Damn dude.That sucks. I say ice the hell out of it. Race then go get that thing operated on. Good luck..
No more insurance as of my 40th B-day. Over $620 per month just for me without the wife!!
It doubled (Thanks Obama!) gotta blame someone..

It happened 3 weeks ago so ice isnt gonna do anything at this point, what your seeing is the bicep muscle pulled into a ball, not actual swelling. Looks freaky!

This ride was just AFTER the injury and I was still riding fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duD6B...eature=mh_lolz
Old 06-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #11
Turbo Meister

Thanks for combining them!...Forgot about the previous one, haha...

Race in 3 days!!!! Never been so nervous before a race in my life...and I have raced 100s of times, WTF, lol. Heres a few pics of last years race...maybe you will understand my concern!

Old 06-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #12
Turbo Meister

I made it, even with my injuries, man it was tough..

TIRED!!!

Coming out of the tire section, I actually rode off, most dumped their bikes.

Holeshot!

Leading the GP!

Lapping a rider.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #14
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Got injured and have a race on the 15th!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Freek View Post
Well, I jacked up my bicep just before the big race at Glen Helen on the 15th

its an Extreme Enduro so its gonna take all I got, now I got even less to give, lol. I think its really gonna kik my ass with my broken bicep (Torn Proximal Bicep Tendon)

http://www.prairiedogsmc.com/html/la...ding_2013.html

Heres a little teaser

www.youtube.com/watch?v=loNhBXtystk
I have rode bikes and 4-wheelers all my life in the country. I watched that you tube video and OMG! That is one crazy ass race. You might wanna sit this year out with that injury. You may make it worse. I have a friend that done the same thing to his bicep doing MMA. He is back to 100% but when he makes a muscle it is weird looking. If you do that race good luck and be careful!!

Edit. See you allready done the race!! Congrats and way to go!!! That looks hard
Old 06-19-2013, 09:48 AM   #15
Turbo Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffymonkey View Post
Dang, that's nuts! Congrats. How did the bicep hold up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime187 View Post
I have rode bikes and 4-wheelers all my life in the country. I watched that you tube video and OMG! That is one crazy ass race. You might wanna sit this year out with that injury. You may make it worse. I have a friend that done the same thing to his bicep doing MMA. He is back to 100% but when he makes a muscle it is weird looking. If you do that race good luck and be careful!!

Edit. See you allready done the race!! Congrats and way to go!!! That looks hard
Thanks guys and it held up really well actually, not gonna worry about fixing it, really doesnt bother me, plus chicks dig scars and stuff, lol.

The race was tough, but rewarding at the same time, I owned my GP, started off really good in LDS1 and ended up on the damn motocross track for almost an entire lap, and if that wasnt bad enough I got lost and ended up on loop 3 (for the pros!) so I got a little extra riding in while the race was going on, probably cost me at least 20 spots...

At the last downhill (holy shit steep!) the guy in front of me checked up and I hit the front brakes throwing me into a downward front flip 2x all while holding the bars! Was hoping to land on my wheels, but that didnt happen , ended up on my back in some bushes. Eventually found my motorcycle got back on and went around the guy in front of me and then he crashed (payback, lol). It was about 90 degrees in the shade so it was pretty warm, the water/log crossing was a double edged sword, the water can cool you down, but the energy you can expend can quickly erase the benefits.

Next year is gonna be better. I will actually be in shape for the next one, I literally just got off the couch to race this one...been injured a couple times this season. I got waay more than just the bicep going on..but pain is an excuse I will never use to be a pussy, lol. I will be racing in the Nationals whenever I can to keep in shape. Eventually I want to race Erzberg and Romaniacs as well.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #16
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
There's no way!!!! You got balls my friend!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #17
Turbo Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime187 View Post
There's no way!!!! You got balls my friend!
Thanks buddy, never give up and follow your dreams and goals. Theres nothing stopping us but our own minds.

Believe in yourself and anything is possible!!

Hare and Hound Nationals in Nevada in July is the next big one. And I believe another WORCS race before then too. And I go to the track during the week.

Then the Baja 1000 possibly going to race with my old team again in Pro class 22 against the big boys!

I raced the Baja 500 in 07 and we got 4th place in class 22, just missed the podium!!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #18
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
damn dude! glad you finished the race!

my dad did that to his bicep one time, and had to have surgery.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #19
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, congrats on finishing! I don't think i would have been able to survive that race even in perfect health
Old 06-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #20
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
gross. get that thing fixed up. congrats on completing the race though! you are a tough MF'er.