Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

ideas for riding shoes.

Old 06-08-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
mtxsub is on a distinguished road

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
ideas for riding shoes.

Hi TW I am looking at boots online and they are to bulky and wont work when i go to school so is it ok if i ride short distance with my vans on and tuck the laces in to not get caught in the chain or sprocket.
yamaha r6
Old 06-08-2013, 11:49 PM   #3
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
thats all i do, i tuck my laces in so it doesnt get caught.

i have a cheap pair of walmart boots that i dont like wearing because they are super bulky and can barely fit under my shifter.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:50 PM   #4
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmeseke View Post
thats all i do, i tuck my laces in so it doesnt get caught.

i have a cheap pair of walmart boots that i dont like wearing because they are super bulky and can barely fit under my shifter.

you're going to be pretty hurting if you bail with those things on.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:55 PM   #6
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
i hate wearing proper gear, especially in this heat. it was 107 today. i just cant wear long pants jacket and boots and gloves on this hot of a day.

i usually ride with shorts and a t shirt, and yes i will regret it so much if and when i go down.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:55 PM   #7

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
thats the issue with me shifting with big clown shoes on. i feel vans will be ok to ride the 2 miles to the destination.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #8
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

google image "motorcycle road rash" and then decide if you want to wear loafers or skate shoes. yes proper gear can be super hot or uncomfortable, but....

gross pics in link!

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&si...mg.3YRXQCunppY
Old 06-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #9
Smurf it.
Guerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: 00
Guerrilla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i hate wearing proper gear, especially in this heat. it was 107 today. i just cant wear long pants jacket and boots and gloves on this hot of a day.

i usually ride with shorts and a t shirt, and yes i will regret it so much if and when i go down.
It's your life your choice.. Some people gotta learn the hard way. Hope you don't tho. I'd rather be sweating my balls off any day, then if I went down getting chewed up to the bone like I was thrown in a meat grinder. .
Old 06-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #10
Smurf it.
Guerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuerrilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxsub View Post
thats the issue with me shifting with big clown shoes on. i feel vans will be ok to ride the 2 miles to the destination.
You don't have to leave the parking lot for something to happen.. There's plenty of boots you could feel comfortable riding in, Alpinestars, SIDI, Shift to name a couple.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #11
subaru of america
i really only 'squid' it when im around town, if im going for an hour + ride on the interstate i will most certainly wear all my gear because i can stay semi cool going 80mph, but when its stop and go traffic i will literally have a heat stroke if i gear up

going to edit my post now and remove that pic to not get bashed anymore LOL
Old 06-09-2013, 12:05 AM   #12

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
i learned on my dirt bike about road rash never again just a dc shirt and helmet. but im going to get the proper gloves helmet pants few jackets leather and some ones for summer rideing and for long rides a full leathers would be nice.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #13

Quote:
i learned on my dirt bike about road rash never again just a dc shirt and helmet. but im going to get the proper gloves helmet pants few jackets leather and some ones for summer rideing and for long rides a full leathers would be nice.
good choice, you'll feel a lot safer as well.
proper riding boots, although awkward and uncomfortable at first, is the way to go. not walmart hiking boots, but actually riding boots. check around for used leathers and boots off racers or ex racers.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #14

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
alpinestar has some lepracaun looking slim boots hmm maybe.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:15 AM   #15
Smurf it.

Navy:
Quote:
i really only 'squid' it when im around town, if im going for an hour + ride on the interstate i will most certainly wear all my gear because i can stay semi cool going 80mph, but when its stop and go traffic i will literally have a heat stroke if i gear up

Nobody's bashing you bo, but some peoples been around and seen some things. Just looking out trying to encourage you to wear some boots and gear.
Quote:
It pays to be smart when you ride, no matter how long you been riding, or how good you are, accidents can always happen.
And don't get the "mesh" crap , you go down with that, you'll be getting plastic that melted into your skin dug out. Stick with good leathers.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:21 AM   #16

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
italian leather boots? look good and im sure they are comfy their only going to be like 300$
Old 06-09-2013, 12:35 AM   #18

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
ouch well im feeling the boots alittle more now but the vans will have to do going to school.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:04 AM   #19
cynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedcynicalrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cynicalrider's Tacoma Gallery
I loved my alpine stars one-o-one's for a casual boot.

Can wear all day comfortably. And no matter how hot it gets helmet, boots, gloves and jeans are minimum for me. It really isn't much hotter without them.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:37 AM   #20
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:

Why do you guys think the distance or time you ride will make a difference. A crash after a 10 minute ride 2 miles from your house will get you just as bashed and broken as a crash 100 miles away. It's your life and literally your skin, but holy sheet dude, a crash in those shoes is going to make you hate yourself.

Seriously, try this one day, lay on the driveway or the road in shorts and a tee shirt and make a snow angel for a few minutes. Now tell me how your arms and legs feel.....that's just a minor way of experiencing the pain that a 20 or 30 mph get off on the bike will be like.

If it's too hot for me to ride with my gear I just won't ride, simple as that.