Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Headlights on Hi or Low?

Old 06-18-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Headlights on Hi or Low?

Like it says, just curious to hear your opinions? IMO, light on high in the day just makes it harder for an oncoming driver to figure out where the hell you are and what you are, but light on low in the day is eye catching without being distracting. No light at all is definitely the last choice, but for my bike it isn't even an option as the headlight is always on by default.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I still think it's safer to use the highbeam in the day time, most people wear sun glasses and what not most of the time anyway.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I keep mine on low beam until high beams are needed for a dark, lonely back road. Good defensive driving habits I believe are more important and will save your skin more than the headlight position IMO. The times I've almost been cleaned out was because of someone changing lanes who did not check their mirrors (and I really make an effort not to sit in anyone's blind spot) so my headlights were not a factor.

Side note, I did end up getting a flasher that flashes my rear light when I hit the brakes before going solid. I think that really makes me more visible when slowing.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
guitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shedguitarjamman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Zach
guitarjamman's Tacoma Gallery
I leave them on high during the day - low at night unless I need more power!

Just the way I was taught. Feel a little better knowing I am projecting my presence.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
I am not a biker but have many friends who are. I find the high beams during the day very annoying, but then I do know to give bikes more room and to look for them.
I think Pugga's suggestion about the flashing break lights is very valid. Those always get my attention and I am thinking of putting them in the taco.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
FALlover is a jewel in the roughFALlover is a jewel in the roughFALlover is a jewel in the rough
FALlover's Tacoma Gallery
high beams during the day.

i'd rather annoy some cager than end up under them

and yes, your driving habits are way more important but every little bit helps
Old 06-20-2013, 04:34 AM   #7
Pick your poison
okie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shedokie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
okie's Tacoma Gallery
Highs on in the day....

We're invisible enough as is...
Old 08-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #8
Alex (Emilenhoweveryouspellhis lastname)
emelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
emelianenkov's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna put a flashing tail light as Pugga suggested. Also gonna wear bright gear, but that doesn't always help. Lou pipes save lives! So do flashing lights
Old 08-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #9
Somebody
OutRider is on a distinguished road

Name: RJ
OutRider's Tacoma Gallery
On my Electra Glide I run low beam with driving lights on.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:48 AM   #10
zmnypit is on a distinguished road

zmnypit's Tacoma Gallery
High on all the time on my r6
Old 09-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #11
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
So bikers really do run with their high beams on during the day...a police officer told me get do. And he is giving them tickets for it. Well. I haven't been beaming them for no reason!

....why? It's blinds other drivers. Even in the daytime.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #12
Trucker
503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed503TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
503TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
So bikers really do run with their high beams on during the day...a police officer told me get do. And he is giving them tickets for it. Well. I haven't been beaming them for no reason!

....why? It's blinds other drivers. Even in the daytime.

Lmao...I find this hard to believe...what are you staring directly into the light the whole time it approaches and passes?
Old 09-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #14
emelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shedemelianenkov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name01 View Post
I drive with my fogs on during the day, foglight anytime mod. I have never driven with my headlights on unless it was by mistake. Never really thought about it.
They have fog lights on motorcycles?
Old 09-02-2013, 09:04 PM   #15
Poor College Student
User Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to beholdUser Name01 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Oscar
User Name01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelianenkov View Post
HAHAHA sorry, I did not see/read the forum topic, i was assuming that it was a truck. Long and tyring day. There are bikes with fogs though, aftermarket of course.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #16
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 503TRD View Post
Lmao...I find this hard to believe...what are you staring directly into the light the whole time it approaches and passes?
I find it hard to look away. Even when you look away its still super bright. Same as brights in the night time. They shouldn't have any problem looking away from my brights or lightbar then?
Old 09-02-2013, 09:30 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
I find it hard to look away. Even when you look away its still super bright. Same as brights in the night time. They shouldn't have any problem looking away from my brights or lightbar then?
LOL lightbar!

I feel bad for anyone approaching me that accidentally gets a millisecond glance at my bar before I get to the switch to shut it off. 15,000 lumens! Damn bright!
Old 09-03-2013, 05:57 AM   #18
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Some motorcycles do have fog lights. If I can find a way to mount them on my bike, I'll have them also. A lot of BMW's have them mounted low by the front axle.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #19

Headlights on Hi or Low?

'twas a joke because the dude posted in the wrong thread

Throw on some frame sliders and mount to those lmao
Old 09-03-2013, 09:05 AM   #20

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
'twas a joke because the dude posted in the wrong thread

Throw on some frame sliders and mount to those lmao
Hell no, I'm not cutting up my bike to put a cage on it. I'll only do it if I can find a way to mold them into the front fender. I've been thinking about how to do this for a while now, just need to take the plunge and do it!