Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Mopeds and scooters

Old 09-08-2013, 04:28 AM   #1
geev um!
Vigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Mopeds and scooters

Just seeing if there are any others in here.

Here is mine, '11 SMC Rexy. Taiwanese clone of the Yamaha Axis.
Ditched the 49cc 2 stroke for a 96cc stock 2 stroke. Soon to be a 103cc with an 8 port head and polini 19mm carb. Stock 16mm carb for now, with a Phongeer stroker muffler. Front disc brakes, rear are drum. Continental tires on stock steel 10" wheels. Good for 62mph as she sits now.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #2
MiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shedMiniBike is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MiniBike's Tacoma Gallery
I'm another one who's secure in their manhood. My wife has a Schwinn 150 that I ride a lot and I have a Honda Big Ruckus (PS250). They share garage space with my Triumph America. The Schwinn is for local hooligan rides, the Triumph for longer rides and the BR for chillin' and just being different.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
I saw something similar to this the other day. Very cool.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #4
cvisinho is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cvisinho's Tacoma Gallery
ive got an old school Yamaha qt50. Tons of fun
Old 10-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #5
Runn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud ofRunn0r has much to be proud of

Runn0r's Tacoma Gallery
I had a few as a kid as did a lot of kids in the neighborhood. I had a Tomos sprint, which was actually pretty crappy. and a 1981 Honda express. I traded a kid a camping tent for the express. It had been abused, jumped, wrecked, ran without oil, rode on flat tire, you name it, but that thing would start every time and ride like new. Honda built some super tough small engines back in the 80's. This was what it looked like but with broken off signals and missing headlight:

http://www.mottomoto.com/wp-content/...4/IMG_3765.jpg

These were so fun to ride the streets on before I had a license. No insurance, No license, No tags, No registration, all legal, 100MPG! nobody can argue with a vehicle like that. I ended up rebuilding the express and selling it, but I wouldint mind having another. I also had a 1984 Honda Spree scooter for awhile that I bought for $40. it was a smooth ride. The cool thing about 50cc's in most states is the fact that they require nothing to ride on the road legally. That said.. the ultimate 50cc (Moped by law), that fits into the legal category, would be the Derbi GPR. 6 gears of hot nasty 50cc two stroke terror:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hLHZYtvmUU

-Edit

I found my older video of the express I had: This was what we did for fun in the country:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8hag5v1hz8
Old 10-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #6
geev um!
Vigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runn0r View Post
I had a few as a kid as did a lot of kids in the neighborhood. I had a Tomos sprint, which was actually pretty crappy. and a 1981 Honda express. I traded a kid a camping tent for the express. It had been abused, jumped, wrecked, ran without oil, rode on flat tire, you name it, but that thing would start every time and ride like new. Honda built some super tough small engines back in the 80's. This was what it looked like but with broken off signals and missing headlight:

These were so fun to ride the streets on before I had a license. No insurance, No license, No tags, No registration, all legal, 100MPG! nobody can argue with a vehicle like that. I ended up rebuilding the express and selling it, but I wouldint mind having another. I also had a 1984 Honda Spree scooter for awhile that I bought for $40. it was a smooth ride. The cool thing about 50cc's in most states is the fact that they require nothing to ride on the road legally. That said.. the ultimate 50cc (Moped by law), that fits into the legal category, would be the Derbi GPR. 6 gears of hot nasty 50cc two stroke terror:

-Edit

I found my older video of the express I had: This was what we did for fun in the country:

Looks like it could take a beating!

That derbi reminds me of the Aprilia rs50. Street legal, but rare to find in the states. Here, they have to be registered as a motorcycle, though.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
Artruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedArtruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Artruck's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a Kymco People 250, a FA50 suzuki. The FA50 is a work in progress but the Kymco is awesome, I use it to ride about 8k miles a year on it. I rode it 85 miles each way to college for 3 years. Its a any day but a snow day bike. The College town I live in is lousy with cheap scooters, mostly chinese but old moped too.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #8
SHHHH, this is interesting
07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed07TacoRidah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

07TacoRidah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runn0r View Post

-Edit

I WANT ONE OF THEM DERBI'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that thing looks SICK!