1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which should I buy?

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by quantum, May 8, 2014.

1. May 8, 2014 at 6:14 PM
    HighVoltageTRD

HighVoltageTRD Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    New Jersey
    Did you call your insurance company and see what your premium would be going from a 12yr old buell to either one of these. I bought a 2013 Yamaha R6 because the insurance cost to go from a 1000cc to a 600cc was huge and my 600 has plenty of power for the street and is a blast to do track days with. Plus since I already have a Yamaha I would say to go with the FZ-09.

2. May 8, 2014 at 6:15 PM
    quantum

quantum [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    experienced urban aggressive (but very safe) who tends to "find the long way home" and "get lost" out for an hour or so.....currently on a buell xb9r firebolt

3. May 8, 2014 at 6:28 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    imo, yamaha has a better power band (all around) than honda dose on there road bikes. also the 60 miles on an ’08 something is wrong IMHO!!! motor has been rebuilt or something! i don’t know anyone that has has a sport bike for a day that has not put 100+ miles on in the 1st day of owning it. i’d stay far far away from it.

not saying honda is bad or anything. they both great bikes and atvs!

4. May 8, 2014 at 6:33 PM
    Boone

Boone Vaginas are rad.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    Airbags deployed
    In that case, fz-09. Might be a little bit of getting used to the fz's taller height and longer wheelbase, but it seems to me that it's a better overall fit than your dream 1000rr. Just my $.02.

5. May 8, 2014 at 6:36 PM
    Hank4444

Hank4444 Member...?

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Daphne
    Vehicle:
    09 Sport DCSB
    Dog-Proofed Rear seat, 5100's, Rear TSB, Tranny TSB, Fog light mod, map light mod, DTRL mod, Volant CAI with ram air, UltraGauge, Blacked out emblems, extra D-rings, Bedlined front valance, Satoshi, Hella 500ff 55w HID, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Leather arm rests, Weathertechs, Hankook Dynapro ATM, Oil catch can, URD MAF Calibrator, Wheelers HD AAL, Thule Roof Rack, OME 885x with Lean Spacer, RedLine Hood struts, Access LE Tonneau, LED Bedrail lights,
    I would vote the Yamaha as well, because you get it all. Low end torque and plenty of top end HP. Having owned and operated both the inline 4 and the twin (L-twin), I honestly loved my L-twin. My favorite bike was an SV 650, no lie. It wasn't the fastest, but it was so much fun to ride.

But as Boone Taco asked, riding style is the most important aspect regardless of anyones opinion. For me, I didn't care to much for open straightaways. I loved the twisties on some back roads or on the track. The Yamaha sounds like a lot of fun to me, light weight, tons of useful power, and ITS NEW! New also means unadulterated by any other person.

I wouldn't buy the Honda just for that reason.

Products Discussed in

To Top