Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Motorcycles

Notices

Getting old?

Old 06-29-2014, 06:13 PM   #1
vbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
Getting old?

Getting old,
After being a motorcycle owner for over 50 years, today I sold my last bike which I had for close to 10 years. The passion is still there, the heart will still take it, but my body said: STOP. The 68 coffee racer, my R60 BMW boxer left my garage an hour ago. My wife and my granddaughter are still sobbing on the sofa for me, or for being so happy, I'll have to figure it out.
Had a bike or another all this time for all this years and this is the second bike I sold this week. My trusted Honda Magna which I bought new in 2000 left the garage a few days ago. And now what? I had a bike to my name since I was 18. Coming from a former communist country, the highest you can go on the social ladder, was a bike. No private cars, either a bike or a motorcycle. When I come here, I had a bike before any car for obvious reasons. And a bike sat in my garage to please my need for speed every since. They are all gone. 5 years ago I run the Appalachian trail in the first trial. But my arthritis in the both knees got the best of me. Now I have a total knee replaced on my left, and in few months I'll do the second one. Don't get me wrong, I know I have this arthritis mostly from my biking years, but again, now what? Will be a while and I'll get over it,
only God knows.
You guys take care.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:16 PM   #2
Ka like a wheel
F75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shedF75gunslinger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christian
F75gunslinger's Tacoma Gallery
Time to look for another one to enjoy.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:22 PM   #3
oldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
oldracer's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you are giving up.

What's next, stop breathing?
Old 06-29-2014, 06:26 PM   #4
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like it's time for a race car
Old 06-29-2014, 06:26 PM   #5
WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!
CRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shedCRU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CRU's Tacoma Gallery
I feel ya, brother. I had to sell my '01 Honda 929 after almost ten years because of bad hips. Two hip replacements later and still no ride in the stable. Been thinking of picking up a used magna.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:31 PM   #6
RetiredinAlabama
Echo8404 is on a distinguished road

Navy: FMF Corpsman 2bn 1st Mar
Echo8404's Tacoma Gallery
there is always a vehicle designed to help you get your thrill rush - don't stop, just change
Old 06-29-2014, 06:38 PM   #7
Social Critic
DeltaSteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeltaSteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeltaSteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeltaSteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeltaSteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeltaSteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeltaSteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeltaSteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeltaSteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeltaSteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeltaSteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 23rd Infantry Division
Name: Steve
DeltaSteve's Tacoma Gallery
I'm 63 so what ? Just one of my bikes

Old 06-30-2014, 08:21 PM   #8
vbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shedvbibi is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, Thanks for the support, now a day I spend my time in the harbor or out fishing for stripers, halibut or salmon or rocks outside the gate. There will be no more motorcycling for me.
thanks again
Old 06-30-2014, 08:29 PM   #9
wth is a junior member?
Vigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVigo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Vigo's Tacoma Gallery
I'd just be glad that you were able to ride for 50 years and are still alive. There are lots of riders who weren't as fortunate, or maybe as skilled of a rider as you.

Just sold my zx10r this year. Don't really miss it that much, I have more important things to worry about in life right now. Best of luck to you, sometimes it nice to slow things down and enjoy life.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:31 PM   #10
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbibi View Post
Thanks guys, Thanks for the support, now a day I spend my time in the harbor or out fishing for stripers, halibut or salmon or rocks outside the gate. There will be no more motorcycling for me.
thanks again
What if I offered you an old triumph Bonnie?
Old 07-01-2014, 08:26 PM   #11
vbibi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunktaco View Post
What if I offered you an old triumph Bonnie?
That will be nice my friend, but, thanks but no thanks.
Than again, if you happened to have the one that Steve McQueen rode,
I'll give it a second taught.
thanks
Old 08-04-2014, 08:59 PM   #12
ErocksTaco has a spectacular aura aboutErocksTaco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Eric
ErocksTaco's Tacoma Gallery
what about a trike or a goldwing?