1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

motorcycle

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by Hambone155, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Jun 27, 2009 at 2:40 PM
    Hambone155

Hambone155 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    omaha
    Vehicle:
    Causing Butthurt is my job
    port and polish intake manifold, supercharger, pulley for charger, lifted, tires, deckplate, (doing full engine build)
    i am a nebraska native and have a dirt bike i would like to make street legal.
    am i right?
    all i would need are
    lights
    turn signals
    break lights

do i need DOT tires or a horn?

2. Jun 27, 2009 at 2:51 PM
    dually

dually Low and slow

Member:
    Interstate underpass
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno SR5 DCLB
    MOTORCYCLES

§60-340

Vehicles that meet the definition of a motorcycle must be properly titled and registered before they can be operated on highways and roads in Nebraska. A motorcycle is defined as any motor vehicle having a seat or saddle for the use of the rider and designed to travel on not more than three wheels in contact with the ground but excluding a tractor, an all terrain vehicle or an electric personal assistive mobility device.

Motorcycle includes Scooters that meet the requirements below.

Motorcycle requirements:

Total wheel and tire diameter of 14 inches or more. §60-636
    Engine rated capacity of 45 cc or more. §60-636
    Must have a permanent and regular seat attached. §60-6,307
    If carrying a passenger, must be equipped with proper seating and footrests for the passenger. §60-6,307
    Handle bars no more than 15 inches above the mounting point. §60-6,307
    All operators and passengers must wear helmets. §60-6,279
    Tire requirements. §60-6,250, §60-6,252
    Must be equipped with a brake adequate to control the movement of and to stop and to hold such motorcycle. §60-6,244
    Must be equipped with a horn in good working order capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance not less than two hundred feet. §60-6,285
    Must be equipped with a muffler in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise or annoying smoke. §60-6,286
    Must be equipped with lighted front and rear lamps; the taillight must be red. §60-6,220
    Must have a rear license plate. §60-3,100
    Not required to have a signal light. §60-6,162
    M anufacturer's S tatement of O rigin (MSO) CANNOT indicate off-road use only. The manufacturer CANNOT have designed the vehicle as off-road, regardless of whether the off-road disclaimer appears on the vehicle's MSO . §60-339
    Must display both the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (DOT) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Certification decals.
    Once you have determined that your vehicle meets the minimum requirements that define a Motorcycle, please refer to Certificate of Title – Motor Vehicle for specific information about obtaining a Certificate of Title.

Link:
    http://www.dmv.ne.gov/dvr/mvtitles/motorcycle.html

3. Jun 27, 2009 at 2:52 PM
    dually

dually Low and slow

Member:
    Interstate underpass
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno SR5 DCLB
    Good luck with registration:

"M anufacturer's S tatement of O rigin (MSO) CANNOT indicate off-road use only. The manufacturer CANNOT have designed the vehicle as off-road, regardless of whether the off-road disclaimer appears on the vehicle's MSO . §60-339"

Products Discussed in

To Top