1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yamaha Warrior

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by Swerve, May 3, 2010.

1. May 6, 2010 at 4:03 PM
    Ecapvegas

Ecapvegas Active Member

Member:
    Sin City
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver 4x4
    Wow, didn't mean to strike a nerve :). I'm not saying one bike is better than the other or my riding skills are far superior to yours.

I simply said that the mean streak suits my riding style better and handles more like a sport bike. This is probably due more to the 180 rear tire. Although a properly tuned suspension doesn't hurt either. I'll take my Race Tech coil overs and forks on my Kawi over any type of stock suspension any day.

Don't get me wrong, the warrior was fine for me on straight roads or long sweepers but it was consistently worse than the mean streak in any decreasing radius, double apex or any situation that required side to side transition or mid corner adjustment. Guess I'll always compare every bike to a sportbike because that's the only way I ride.:D

I'll be the first one to admit after 21 years of riding that there is always something I can learn from every rider I meet and that there is always a rider out there that is faster, no matter what bike is under them. I ride with a guy that's 67 years old and he still consistently has the top 3 lap times at any track day we go to. The kicker is that he does it on a bike that is 22 years old and is only putting out 58 horsepower.

Besides, the argument could be made that the reason why you scrape pegs and have to use the whole width of your 210 tire is because the warrior only has 6.1 inches of clearance.;)

BTW, I'll be in your neck of the woods for WSBK the end of may and again June 2-4 for a few track days at Miller. You should come out and turn a few laps with us, I can let you borrow one of my track bikes.:cool: If that's not your thing, I'll try to make room on the trailer to bring the cruiser and you can show me where all the good riding spots are.

Ride safe and don't trust those damn Cagers.

2. May 7, 2010 at 6:01 PM
    Swerve

Swerve [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    SLC, UTAH
    Vehicle:
    07 DC SR5 4X4
    I assure you I am not mad, a little defensive about my bike - I'll admit. I agree that a smaller tire helps the quick flicks in tight corners but I also don't see either bike as very "flickable".

Seeing that you also have a strong history riding sport bikes I surely hear your words differently.

I will absolutely show a fellow rider some of our best roads. Its still up in the air whether I will show up to MMP.

BTW I don't have to use the whole width of my 210 rear; I simply love to!

3. May 17, 2010 at 2:44 AM
    MooseTX82

MooseTX82 Moose

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4
    Airaid Intake, Magnaflow Exh System, Icon Front Coilovers, TC UCAs, BFG 285s on 17" MotoMetal 951s, ARB Bumper, Hella Running Lights, Alpine CD HU, 6.5 Front JL Audio, 1 10" Kicker powered by Alpine 4 channel Amp
    I have been riding for about a month now. I have no interest in crotch rockets. Im all about cruising the road with real american iron. I got a moddest little HD sportster. I did consider the Yamaha cruisers. V Stars are nice, and apparently so is the warrior. Good on you for making the switch to cruisers. Bike looks really clean tho brother.

Products Discussed in

To Top