1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking at buying a "Pocket Rocket" 600cc

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by rharris5551, May 8, 2011.

1. May 8, 2011 at 10:29 PM
    rharris5551

rharris5551 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jasper, TN
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD OR DCLB
    CBI bumper, TRD skid/exhaust, Icon deltas, 6112/ Tundra 5160, All Pro standard progressive leafs, Wheelers U-bolt flip w/ bumps F/R, Wheelers ext. brake lines, BD lighting, OVtuned, TRD wheels, Spidertrax, Auxbeam hi/low, TRD pro tails,
    thinking about buying either r6, cbr600rr, or gsxr 600 within the next week:D, around the yr model 07-08, not to new, not to old.....

just seein if anyone had any inputs on these bikes, and if you have any pictures of these bikes post them

thanks

2. May 8, 2011 at 10:31 PM
    Who Dat Popcorn

Who Dat Popcorn Dafuq

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    Sold :/
    SOLD
    Well a pocket rocket is really small.

I think you mean a crotch rocket. :cool:

3. May 9, 2011 at 8:10 PM
    Gieser

Gieser Official Flatlander

Member:
    MB, Canada
    Vehicle:
    06 tundra yamaha edition
    scion Head Unit and magnaflow muffler...so far
    what no Kawi? lol
    as far as im concerned they are all great bikes. there japanese, they make good stuff.

4. May 9, 2011 at 8:11 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    R6 or gsxr

5. May 9, 2011 at 8:16 PM
    Tbird

Tbird Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Santa Teresa, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 4X4 TRD Sport Access cab (white)
    ICON Ext.trav coilovers, rear ICON w/res. TC UCAs. All-pro 3" leafpac & U-bolt flip kit. Konig Countersteer offroad wheels. Goodyear Durtracs 260/75/16. Blacked-out badging, BHLM, Extra D-rings, Satoshi grill, SockMonkey "All Terrain" decals, Avid Off-road light bar and rock rails, Wet Okey seat covers. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. GROM ipod interface.
    None of those are "pocket" bikes...just "crotch" bikes. I've ridden for 20+ years and still don't see the appeal in riding an uncomfortable bike that has way more power than you need/can use...UNLESS YOU ARE TRACK RACING. I prefer the Sport Touring bikes and dual sports. I currently have a Yamaha FJR1300 Sport Touring bike. Sweet on the sport and comfortable enough I can ride it all day. Got the Honda XR650L for the dirt/street combo.

I guess I get tired of seeing rice burners acting a fool on the public streets; giving the rest of us rides a bad name...so I'm prejudiced against them.

6. May 9, 2011 at 8:30 PM
    paintdiddy

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    For me riding a sport bike isn't uncomfortable.i feel in control in that position. I don't like the feeling of sitting on a bike like I'm on a couch with my feet on the highway pegs.I agree with all the idiots speeding around like assholes. Most barely have any time/miles under thier belts.Than there are the Harley guys who just bar hop and get smashed and ride.If i ride again I'm all for a dual sport of some kind

7. May 9, 2011 at 8:36 PM
    PAlittlematty

PAlittlematty "the soulless ginger"

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Beech Creek, PA
    Vehicle:
    I miss my taco
    OME Lift, 885 Coils, 13MM Top Spacer, Dakar Leafs, DSM UCAs, Homeroshi Flush Mount Grille, WeatherTech Digifit Mats, Bestop Super Top, Toyota Bed Extender, Clevice Receiver 1990 SR5 3.slow SAS 5” Leafs, high pinion diff, 37” PBRs, MC rear, AP front bumpers, 5.29s, locked
    you dont need a sportbike. theyre dangerous. i owned one for 3 years. in that timespan i lost 2 friends on them. both on the road. any type of super sport motorcycle should be taken to a track and used there strictly. dont get me wrong, i would still love to go drag a knee on a backroad and raise some hell, but its not safe on public roads. 600cc would be the most motor you would ever need unless youre a dedicated AMA expert racer. litre bikes are not for the faint of heart. i could go on n on n on but ill stop now. i sold mine to buy a trials bike. if ya do get one, make sure you wear gear. full race gear too. helmet, leather suit, gauntlet gloves, and race boots. the gsxr and r6 are your best bet. be safe!

8. May 10, 2011 at 7:10 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Lets not start a my type of bike is better battle- It's bad enuf that cars try to kill us all. Some Harley drivers drink and drive, some sport bike riders speed, some enduro/dual sport guys drive where they aren't supposed to. No one group/type of rider is perfect.
    And my CBR is plenty comfortable for the amount of riding I do. I don't have the time nor inclination to go ride for 10 hours a day. Back and forth to work and the store, weekend rides with the wife, and the occasional track weekend.

OP- I ride a 2007 CBR600RR....Got it when they first came out uncrated it and have loved riding it since then. I looked at the CBR and the R6 because those were the top two middle weight bikes that year. The seating position on the R6 was just a little higher and wider than I liked so I went with the Honda. The R6 rides nice but is tuned better for the track than the street.

9. May 10, 2011 at 8:25 AM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    IMO they are all great bikes. I always rode the cbr 600's because they felt more roomy and comfortable to me. The gixxer and the R6 have a more aggressive riding position. Your butt is way up and that puts more weight on your hands and wrists. Plus the rearsets are up higher so as not to drag, but that makes for cramped legs for me anyways. I haven't owned a Kawi 600, but my friend has one and he loves it.

10. May 10, 2011 at 8:28 AM
    BFA

BFA Nuttier than squirrel shit.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2003 3.4 4x4 5spd
    pocket rockets are generally a female product... its unacceptable to play with yourself on your bike.

11. May 10, 2011 at 8:29 AM
    paintdiddy

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    What if he is parked and not riding??

12. May 10, 2011 at 8:31 AM
    BFA

BFA Nuttier than squirrel shit.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2003 3.4 4x4 5spd
    then hes gay.

13. May 10, 2011 at 8:59 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    I have a Yamaha FZ6R & added sw motech 1" up & 1" back motech risers to it. Very comfortable yet sporty. Mine is yellow.
    You can get them used for around 4k.
    oops sorry its not one of the bikes you asked about doh! :facepalm:

14. May 10, 2011 at 9:04 AM
    mxnborder

mxnborder Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Santa Barbara
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 sport - black on black on black
    DR coilovers AAl 285 kelly safaris lightbar/skidplate need more!
    I got this 2002 CBR 600 a few weeks ago and love it! I almost pulled the trigger on a few newer R6's but i am so glad i got this instead its way more comfortable and wicked fast!
    I agree with most of the people above in the danger on bikes i try to avoid freeways and highly traveled roads, i take backroads to my work- longer ride but funner and safer for sure!
    I think the R6 look alot better in the older years but the new CBRs look real sick too
    Mine is the red one below and the black is my cousins little ninja 250 lol
    [​IMG]

15. May 10, 2011 at 9:05 AM
    808matt

808matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    19 Ranger
    best thing you can do is sit on ALL of them and choose which riding position best suits you. unless youre racing them or stunting you'll be spending most of your time in that "cruising" position. i've only owned a r6 but rode a gsxr600 once. IMO cant go wrong with the r6 and with the gsxr i had to put alot of effort into a lean (pushing down on the handle bar) to turn. it all comes down to preference or in some people looks

16. May 10, 2011 at 10:59 AM
    Racerboy221

Racerboy221 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Litchfield Park, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2.4, Std cab/bed, 18"wheels,airshocks
    18" Wheels & Tires, Airshocks, CB Radio
    Lots of great deals out there with the economy being so shitty....I have been riding for 28 years, had betther tan 40 bikes along the way. From 99 through 09 I was a die-hard GSXR fan both on the street as well as on the track. Then my racing partner got into a Triumph Daytona 675. After taking that to Deals Gap for 9 days, I was hooked! I ended up with a 2010 Special edition pictured below. What a great machine!! They care out in 2006 and like I said, there are some sick deals available. Keep an eye open for them and when the right bike comes along, you'll know it. Good luck with the purchase!

675AdPics1jpg_723f4a32053940414a730b1d8ebbd66d7bf80568.jpg

17. May 10, 2011 at 11:18 AM
    beerdrinkr

beerdrinkr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Walton,Ky
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD SPORT DC, MT, CEMENT
    I had this beauty it was a 05 cbr 600rr it was real fun to ride you just must watch out for everyone else i found that out the hard way as i got rearended at 35-40 mph all i heard was him lock his breaks and i ended up with a compression fracture on my T12 vertabrae still not 100% better. So you can start on a 600 just ride outside of the city limits my only advise i can give...

094.jpg

18. May 11, 2011 at 9:46 AM
    scollins

scollins Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Renton WA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ford F450 STX 6.7L Powerstroke
    This made me laugh when I first saw it.

motorcycle.jpg

19. May 11, 2011 at 9:48 AM
    mxnborder

mxnborder Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Santa Barbara
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 sport - black on black on black
    DR coilovers AAl 285 kelly safaris lightbar/skidplate need more!
    hahaha thats so great

20. May 11, 2011 at 2:28 PM
    rharris5551

rharris5551 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Jasper, TN
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD OR DCLB
    CBI bumper, TRD skid/exhaust, Icon deltas, 6112/ Tundra 5160, All Pro standard progressive leafs, Wheelers U-bolt flip w/ bumps F/R, Wheelers ext. brake lines, BD lighting, OVtuned, TRD wheels, Spidertrax, Auxbeam hi/low, TRD pro tails,
    decided not to go with the sport bike, been looking awful hard at some supermotard bikes such as the drz 400, aprilia sxv 550 and few more but these 2 caught my eye, anyone know their way around these bikes and if they're dependable, not gonna do any interstate driving, just around town, to work, and the highway occasionally, thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top