1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bought my first bike today.

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by DubVtundy, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Feb 23, 2012 at 5:08 PM
    DubVtundy

DubVtundy [OP] ERMAHGERD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thayer
    Keyser West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 white double cab
    8 inch alcan custom leaf packs, ome 885's powdercoated white, bilstein 5100's all the way around with 12 inch travel on the rear, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, Sway bar removed, 17x9 kmc strike. 35x12.50 nitto Trail Grapplers. Satoshi Grill made by (homertaco), Black Headlight housings,retrofits, Tinted Tailights, color matched grill, Bought a TRD sport hood,elite off road front plate bumper,elite off road sliders, 13% tint on the front windows, 5% on top of the facotry rear windows and back glass, 5% tint stip across the windshield, Lo Pro Truxedo tonneu cover, Herculiner bed liner, Weather Tech Window Visors, Exhaust- Flowmaster Super 44 dumped above rear axle, Maglight Mount on side of drivers seat, Scangauge II, Mossy Oak Camo Seat Covers, Weather Tech Floor mats, Spatter painted A-Pillars, Spatter painted headunit trim and shifter trim, Headunit= Pioneer 4300 double din touch screen, Speakers- Precision Power 3 way component stage, Precision Power 8 i
    well finally did it and i have been wanting to for about 2 years now. finally took the loan out and bought it.

08 gsx-r 600
    421260_317822544931967_100001126731848_8_4b7da2716512d841f03bffdded9a8a28c02d57d8.jpg

2. Feb 23, 2012 at 5:10 PM
    4wd Boss

4wd Boss Shake and Bake

Member:
    First Name:
    Jefferson
    Big D
    Vehicle:
    16 Quiksand TRD Offroad
    Fog Light Mod, Pro Grille, raptor lights, 1.25 spacers, RC coilovers
    damn that is sweet!!! love the white cause you don't see too many of them!! nice choice my man. i was looking at those a few years ago, never pulled the trigger. super shorty exhaust i see. what brand? ride safe!!

3. Feb 23, 2012 at 5:12 PM
    jpneely

jpneely Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    2005 Land Cruiser, 2017 Land Cruiser
    get riding leathers. when you lay her down youll thank me. oh and helmets are an awesome thing. seen them save lives before. ohhhhhh and HAVE FRICKIN FUN! you cant beat a good bike ride. fast or slow whatever your pace. its just and amazing feeling

4. Feb 23, 2012 at 5:14 PM
    DubVtundy

DubVtundy [OP] ERMAHGERD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thayer
    Keyser West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 white double cab
    8 inch alcan custom leaf packs, ome 885's powdercoated white, bilstein 5100's all the way around with 12 inch travel on the rear, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, Sway bar removed, 17x9 kmc strike. 35x12.50 nitto Trail Grapplers. Satoshi Grill made by (homertaco), Black Headlight housings,retrofits, Tinted Tailights, color matched grill, Bought a TRD sport hood,elite off road front plate bumper,elite off road sliders, 13% tint on the front windows, 5% on top of the facotry rear windows and back glass, 5% tint stip across the windshield, Lo Pro Truxedo tonneu cover, Herculiner bed liner, Weather Tech Window Visors, Exhaust- Flowmaster Super 44 dumped above rear axle, Maglight Mount on side of drivers seat, Scangauge II, Mossy Oak Camo Seat Covers, Weather Tech Floor mats, Spatter painted A-Pillars, Spatter painted headunit trim and shifter trim, Headunit= Pioneer 4300 double din touch screen, Speakers- Precision Power 3 way component stage, Precision Power 8 i
    Its a hot bodies exhaust it sounds really good.

5. Feb 23, 2012 at 5:14 PM
    Warputer

Warputer Dirt Road Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Lake Murray, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    9" of Super Bro lift
    Sweet! My first "sportbike" was a Gixxer 600 back in 1992. Have fun but respect the power/speed.....it can put a hurtin' on ya!;)

6. Feb 23, 2012 at 5:16 PM
    DubVtundy

DubVtundy [OP] ERMAHGERD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thayer
    Keyser West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 white double cab
    Oh yeah man here n wv its law 2 have a helmet. Im going 2morrow2 2 get all my gear. Ive rode em b4 just havnt had my own.

7. Feb 23, 2012 at 5:16 PM
    jpneely

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    a buddy of mine had a CBR 929 and that bike scared the ever living hell out of me. it was such an awesome bike though. but yea one day the power got the best of him and he said bye bye to the bike and a good bit of skin and meat haha

8. Feb 23, 2012 at 5:18 PM
    113tac

113tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Northern Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2017 Magnetic Gray Tacoma
    Mostly Stock for now, 265 75 16 Falken AT3W, Tinted fronts...
    :drool: sick bike man! i want one so bad!

9. Feb 23, 2012 at 5:21 PM
    jpneely

Member:
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:

yea literally had to pick my buddy up off the asphalt and drag him to the truck. it was rough. blood everywhere. and that was quite literally the week after he had finally gotten a pair of riding leathers. but apparently it was to hot for the gloves he bought... hahaha yea he regreted that. but yea long story short he totaled it and owes his life and some body parts to to his riding gear.

have fun with it. im still waiting on my bike to show up for a good price. otherwise i couldnt afford one.

he had his first one stolen and totaled the second. finally he just gave up and said it must not be for me i guess...

10. Feb 23, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    DubVtundy

DubVtundy [OP] ERMAHGERD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thayer
    Keyser West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 white double cab
    thats one thing i dont want to happen. my parents own 2 funeral homes here so i see what can happen on these things. those ppl that have came in there are imbeded into my head. one thing you wont see me do is stupid things on this. i mainly just wanted one to ride. and another plus is its gotta be easier on gas than my truck lol

11. Feb 23, 2012 at 10:30 PM
    Larson7.62

Larson7.62 Active Member

Member:
    Yuma, AZ
    I have the exact same model, but mine is all black. It is definitely going to be my main vehicle in the summer, when i do have to fill up on gas its under 10 bucks using premium.

Any mods planned yet?

12. Feb 24, 2012 at 6:05 AM
    DubVtundy

DubVtundy [OP] ERMAHGERD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thayer
    Keyser West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 white double cab
    not really only thing i wanna do is get a black zero gravity windscreen as of now lol

13. Feb 24, 2012 at 6:21 AM
    greenguy3

greenguy3 BOOM goes the dynamite!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Dirty A$$ TRD
    Mud and dirt
    Congrats on finally getting a bike, too bad it's a gixxer though, lol. Definitely get some good gear and ride safe and you'll be straight!

14. Feb 24, 2012 at 10:33 AM
    Larson7.62

Larson7.62 Active Member

Member:
    Yuma, AZ
    [​IMG]

15. Feb 24, 2012 at 10:33 AM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
  16. Feb 25, 2012 at 8:53 AM
    DubVtundy

DubVtundy [OP] ERMAHGERD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thayer
    Keyser West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 white double cab
    thats right

17. Feb 28, 2012 at 1:10 AM
    LilTuffGirl

LilTuffGirl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nikki
    WV
    3" rough country lift leather
    Not the best starter bike but hey I started on a '03 600RR.. but starting on smaller bikes will make you a better rider. I do regret it.

Just be careful and aware that everyone on the road IS out there to hit you. Trust me... Idiots here in WV suck.. Especially ones who can't stay on the f'ing road and kick up all the gravel and crap (happened to me this weekend on the interstate.. wasn't impressed)

I can't tell you how many close calls i've had. Only 2 being my fault.. the rest all idiot drivers. Not sure how i've gotten so lucky? And good at controlling a skidding bike lol

Have you put insurance on it yet? Hoping your parents are helping out with that?? When I was your age they wanted $200+ a month for full coverage in my name... Now that i'm old :( it's $50 lol was only $75 for my dear 1000RR that I miss like crazy.

It's purdy though - even if everyone else on the road has one. :p (yes haterz gunna hate)

18. Feb 28, 2012 at 7:25 AM
    DubVtundy

DubVtundy [OP] ERMAHGERD

Member:
    First Name:
    Thayer
    Keyser West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2010 white double cab
    yeah ive rode bikes before this is just my first one. i ride my friends other bike all the time last summer. and yeah i got insurance on it its only 83 a month in my name with full coverage so its not to bad. im just waiting on the title so i can go get my tags.

19. Apr 16, 2012 at 1:49 PM
    nammer

nammer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nam
    Bradenton, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Wishing I had a Taco
    best color scheme in my opinion, nice purchase!

Products Discussed in

To Top