1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any Track Days?

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by GoPreds, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Jun 6, 2013 at 7:55 PM
    GoPreds

GoPreds [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Does anybody know any track days around Tennessee or even in Alabama, Kentucky, or Georgia? I know there used to be Nashville Superspeed Way but they closed down.

2. Jun 7, 2013 at 6:47 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Try looking up TrackTactics, SportbikeTrackTime, and NESBA. They all host track days - That'll help build a list fo tracks that you'd be okay driving to.

I'm going to NOLA Motorsports this weekend for a TrackTactics class and many many track sessions...

3. Jun 14, 2013 at 1:53 PM
    GoPreds

GoPreds [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Cool deal thanks for the info man! I've been wanting to go to one bad. You have to tell me how the NOLA Motorsports went.

4. Jun 14, 2013 at 4:57 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    It was great. I ran the beginner level, so it was slower and more controlled...but that was a good thing. I love that track tho...Very challenging line and an AMAZING facility. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371254244.104102.jpg. Spent most of my day looking like that - Sunday got rained out.
    Next open track day at NOLA is 6-7Jul.

5. Jun 14, 2013 at 5:12 PM
    anotherreject

anotherreject Well-Known Member

Member:
    Theres something ive always wanted to do, if you dont mind posting how much did you spend getting a street bike prepped , i know every track has different requirements and how much did it cost to actually get wheels rolling on pavement.....track fees etc....?

6. Jun 14, 2013 at 5:28 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Prep cost me about 3 hours time...0 dollars for this specific event.

You have to do good maintenance - I run Repsol 4T synth oil in the engine and WaterWetter for coolant all the time. It's about 10 bucks for a bottle of WW that'll last you about 2 or 3 coolant swaps. Repsol oil is 11-14 bucks a bottle. I need to do brakes and fluid after this and I run Motul660 fluid @ 24 bucks a bottle. Tires cam run you a few hundo too depending on the age of your current set. More advanced riding and certain tracks might require safety wire and additional prep which will increase time and supplies required.

You can also pay to have that stuff all done...The "basic" prep at the speed shop here starts at $100 and goes up from there.

For gear - one piece or zip-together two piece leather suit will be 300-1200+ to buy or about 80-100/ day to rent. Gloves can be 50-200 or 20ish/day. Boots will be 130-300ish or 30-40/day to rent. Gotta have a good helmet too. There is also a bunch of nice to haves that'll make repeat track days nicer - Tire warmers, tent, generator, tool box, etc. also gotta factor in food, drinks, gas, and (if you want them) photos...it was 35 bucks for me to get all 64 photos or me from the sessions I rode.

Track fee was 420 for two days or 220 for 1...It will vary depending on what group you ride with and what the intent of the day is...Racing versus free rides versus training. Location will also influence price (Leguma Seca the cheapest one day is nearly 300).

I think those are all the costs I can think of...

7. Jun 14, 2013 at 5:44 PM
    anotherreject

anotherreject Well-Known Member

Member:
    Damn that sounds like a lot. Why are all the fun hobbys expensive. Why cant i be one of those people with a "jogging" hobby, thats free.

8. Jun 14, 2013 at 5:50 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    Ehhh....If you ride alot you can find ways to offsets costs. I teach motorcycle safety classes to cover some of my track days. I also get a nice discount at CycleGear for being an MSF instructor. Bought a used suit and do ALOT of work myself. I want to get back into the swing enuf to start control riding, and therefore not paying for EVERY track day...just some of them.

9. Jun 30, 2013 at 2:58 PM
    ducati

ducati thie-trickster

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2013 DC 4x4 Black
    Icon coils, Squeaky dakars, Thule rack, tinted windows, weathertech rain guards, Demello off road front bumper, warn winch, shok sound deadening.
    Depending on what organization you go with you can find cheaper prices. Depends on what level of instruction you are in search of. I would get a copy of roadracing world track day guide. It lists most of the track days and requirements for each. I went to one recently and it was $159. Ultimately it's going to cost me a lot more. Highsided and broke my collarbone. Don't let that discourage you though. I've been doing track days/racing for 12 years. First time I've ever broke anything, on my body anyways. See you at the track!

10. Jun 30, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    Nixinus

Nixinus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4
    I run track days here in socal. If anyone has any questions please feel free to message me.

Products Discussed in

To Top