Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Who plays an instrument here?

Old 08-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #21
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwamz View Post
I play drums and percussion. I have a 6-piece Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute with a DW snare, a Pork Pie snare, DW bass pedals, and Zildjian cymbals. I also got a Cajon and some african bongo looking things I bought in Morocco during my second deployment.

i play drums and want to learn Harmonica and Ukulele
Old 08-06-2010, 09:22 PM   #22
Pilot of The Colonel
Roldaddy is on a distinguished road

Roldaddy's Tacoma Gallery
drums all the way and the trumpet. can pick a little guitar....a little
Old 08-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #23
Proud Tundra *****
oofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shedoofy15354 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
oofy15354's Tacoma Gallery
im a drummer here too. been playing for bout 7 years. ill see if i can get some pics here but dont hold your breath cause im lazy hehe

i play:
pearl export series (black on black) 10,12,13,16 toms
export 14in snare
rhythm traveler 13 side snare
zildjian cymbals:
hats, 3 crashes, 2 splashes, china, ride
vater sticks
audix mics
Old 08-06-2010, 09:27 PM   #24
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGuitarguy View Post
Its really hard to suggest things. More specifics would help. Personally I was shocked by how great Vox's Nightrain sounded. It can pack a mean tone. Also Mesa Boogie Express 5:25. TONE MONSTER.

As for myself I play guitar, bass, and a bit of drums. I want to buy me a drum kit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTacoma View Post
what's not breaking the bank for you, under $500 somewhere?
well i was thinking I might be able to get $325 for the amp I have now so I wasn't looking for one any more expensive than that. After owning a tube amp I really want another one b/c I love the tone. My 50 watt one is just too big for a dorm room. I was thinking another Vox maybe the AC4TV or the Valvetronix VT15. I'm looking at a few Kustoms too.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:41 PM   #25
Dedicated Crew Chief
AKTacoma has a spectacular aura aboutAKTacoma has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chris
AKTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
didn't post these earlier:
Taylor 414ce 30th Anniversary edition

Taylor 455ce

Takamine EGS-430SC

Ovation Celebrity Deluxe

Ibanez RG

DeArmond M65C

Fender Squire P-Bass

My rig: Rocktron Chameleon 2000 processor, Marshall Valvestate 8008 head and Marshall MG412 4x12 cab

Old 08-06-2010, 09:46 PM   #26
Dedicated Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUtigerfan View Post
well i was thinking I might be able to get $325 for the amp I have now so I wasn't looking for one any more expensive than that. After owning a tube amp I really want another one b/c I love the tone. My 50 watt one is just too big for a dorm room. I was thinking another Vox maybe the AC4TV or the Valvetronix VT15. I'm looking at a few Kustoms too.
nice, either of those would be nice for a dorm room, glad to hear you're going with tube! I wish I had a tube head for my rig, but I'm on a tight budget right now, maybe in the near future! The Vox AC4TV looks like a sweet little amp, esp since you already play on a Vox and know the tone. I'd say whatever you fall in love with and can't quit playing on is the way to go!
Old 08-07-2010, 02:38 AM   #27
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTacoma View Post
didn't post these earlier:
Taylor 414ce 30th Anniversary edition

Taylor 455ce

Takamine EGS-430SC

Ovation Celebrity Deluxe

Ibanez RG

DeArmond M65C

Fender Squire P-Bass

My rig: Rocktron Chameleon 2000 processor, Marshall Valvestate 8008 head and Marshall MG412 4x12 cab

NICE COLLECTION!!! i think i popped a chubby!!! JK! lol but forreal, nice dude. and thanks for your service =)
Old 08-07-2010, 02:57 AM   #28
Tacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to allTacoma206 is a name known to all

Name: Mike
Tacoma206's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a trumpet player. I played in the jazz big band in college and traveled with the basketball team in the pep band (Gonzaga). Been playing for quite a while but have only touched a handful of times since I graduated 3 months ago. Hopefully I'll back into the swing of things with it soon!
Old 08-07-2010, 06:06 AM   #29
R.O.U.S.
RV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to beholdRV7Garage is a splendid one to behold
Army: Veteran - 154th Sig. Bn., USARSO Panama
Name: Paul
RV7Garage's Tacoma Gallery
SIRWAMZ- man, that's a nice freakin' kit. Very similar to my buddy's kit in terms of looks, but you definitely have nicer snares- I bet that Pork Pie sounds nice

AKTacoma- Dude, you need to add more guitars. Period.

CUTigerfan- I know it's a bit more than your budget, but I'll second the recommendation for the Mesa 5:25. Amazing tube combo, but it retails for almost $1100.00 (worth every penny)

Too bad we can't organize a Taco Jam Session, lol.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:12 AM   #30
I smell corn
kilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gophuk Yousef
kilted1117's Tacoma Gallery
Bagpipes. No really, I'm serious.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:14 AM   #31
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Keyboard player here. In my younger days played in a cover band travelling up and down the East Coast. Was the best 7 years of my life.

I've been putting a studio together in the basement of my house for the last 6 years and all of my keyboards, mixers, effects and other gear are stacked up in a closet.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:17 AM   #32
MJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonesTrumpet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
MJonesTrumpet's Tacoma Gallery
<--- Music Teacher!

I can play just about every instrument, and own about 1 of each. Playing music is awesome, and you can do it for the rest of your life!
Old 08-07-2010, 06:47 AM   #33
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUtigerfan View Post
I play/played guitar. looking to get a smaller amp before college if anybodys got some suggestions on a small tube amp that won't break the bank. I've got a Vox 50 watt Valvetronix with 2 12s in it right now
I personally think tube amps are overrated unless you're doing studio gigs.
For a small amp I'd go with either a Fender Frontman, GDEC30, or a Peavey Bandit.
Oh yeah. I play guitars and mandolin.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:12 AM   #35
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
A few of mine. Just bought a house 2 months ago and it has a rec room above the garage. Probably put my studio here for the time being.
Squier affinity, Rogue, Ibanez soundgear bass, Yamaha FG730, and My Ibanez roadstar that I have owned since I was 17 or so.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:14 AM   #36
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
My Tascam DP-02cf digital 8 track.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:16 AM   #37

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
My old Skool Fostex X-28 analog. Something I can just throw in the truck in a hurry.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:18 AM   #38

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
And my 24" Dual boot Apple iMAC with 24 tack digital recording software and final mixdowns.
Old 08-07-2010, 07:22 AM   #39

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
And lastly. My buddy's Late 70's Fender P-bass.
I dont play that much anymore. Used to play quite a bit when I was in high school. Every once in a while I will go up into the studio and lay down some tracks. Usually it's just a cover song or some riffs that come into my head. It's neat being able to play all the instruments and surgically put them all together and listen to yourself playing something that you know you did completely by yourself.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #40
Dedicated Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilted1117 View Post
Bagpipes. No really, I'm serious.
hell yea! very nice sir!