Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Who plays an instrument here?

Old 08-14-2010, 04:34 PM   #61
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
btw. I dont claim to be a singer or guitarist,bassist or drum machine player. I just thought it was cool to put All this together like a puzzle. pretty neat.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:43 PM   #62
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
i wouldn't mind hearing it
Old 08-14-2010, 10:20 PM   #63
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Ultracure Robert Smith Signature Model

Old 08-15-2010, 08:13 AM   #64
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
ok, i just sold my epi Paul, and SG , still got the Jackson with me and my others , im thinking about getting a tele, but I've only ever played one and it was a US made thin-line, anyone have good info on the MIM teles ?
Old 05-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #65
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought an Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE. I'm so excited for it to get here. All solid wood, esonic2 preamp with a nanomag and nanoflex pickup and mono and stereo outputs, plek'd to eliminate fret buzz and get better sounds as you play farther up the fretboard. Here's a pic on one online.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:30 AM   #67
Dimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shedDimonback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
Dimonback's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSully72 View Post
Just bought an Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500MCE. I'm so excited for it to get here. All solid wood, esonic2 preamp with a nanomag and nanoflex pickup and mono and stereo outputs, plek'd to eliminate fret buzz and get better sounds as you play farther up the fretboard. Here's a pic on one online.

I have a 350 BL that I bought new in '73. It was an okay axe until I dropped it once and broke the neck. I had John Bolin (Boise luthier, builder of ZZ Top's guitars) re-work it and turned it into something pretty incredible. I'd be curious if the Masterworks can beat it.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:49 AM   #68
warrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwarrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwarrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwarrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwarrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwarrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwarrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwarrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwarrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwarrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwarrpath4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: tank mechanic bravo co. 3/116th
Name: shawn
warrpath4x4's Tacoma Gallery
havnt for years but i started playing drums when i was in 5th grade and quit when i got to 9th
Old 05-05-2014, 07:54 AM   #69
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I about ready to order a Thermin. Always wanted to learn how to play one.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #70
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimonback View Post
I have a 350 BL that I bought new in '73. It was an okay axe until I dropped it once and broke the neck. I had John Bolin (Boise luthier, builder of ZZ Top's guitars) re-work it and turned it into something pretty incredible. I'd be curious if the Masterworks can beat it.
If you go online and read the reviews for this guitar, people are comparing this guitar to Martins and Gibsons that are easily 3x the cost of this one. And its all solid, so it will only sound better the older it gets.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:41 PM   #71
Diemaster is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
Diemaster's Tacoma Gallery
my first thought seeing the tread title.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCGyYC9We34
Old 05-07-2014, 06:32 AM   #72
braaAAAP
shipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shedshipps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
shipps's Tacoma Gallery
guitar player here, can jam on bass a bit but that comes naturally from guitar playing, and a bit of drumming
Old 09-09-2014, 07:16 PM   #73
Lespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Lespaulkid01's Tacoma Gallery

was just about to start a thread like this and then found this one.. haha doesn't look like its very "alive" though.

I play guitar and dobro, dabble in mandolin, and can (very poorly) play the piano. Main instrument has been guitar for ~10 years, and dobro although I just picked it up about a year ago.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:26 PM   #74
Nobody Makes a Monkey Outta Me!
TacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoGlenn's Tacoma Gallery
I've played the guitar for the last 11 years, wish I'd started earlier. My main guitar is a Martin acoustic/electric.

First song learned- Johnny Cash "Ring of Fire", nice easy G C D chord progression.

In addition to downloading mainstream tabs, sometimes I like downloading goofy tabs like the Theme to the Beverly Hillbillies, Loudon Wainwright's "Dead Skunk", etc.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:21 PM   #75
Lespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLespaulkid01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoGlenn View Post
I've played the guitar for the last 11 years, wish I'd started earlier. My main guitar is a Martin acoustic/electric.

First song learned- Johnny Cash "Ring of Fire", nice easy G C D chord progression.

In addition to downloading mainstream tabs, sometimes I like downloading goofy tabs like the Theme to the Beverly Hillbillies, Loudon Wainwright's "Dead Skunk", etc.

What model Martin do you have? I almost bought a D16GTE the other week but ended up with an Eastman AC720 instead. Martins are great instruments though.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:04 PM   #76
Nobody Makes a Monkey Outta Me!
TacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoGlenn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoGlenn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lespaulkid01 View Post
What model Martin do you have? I almost bought a D16GTE the other week but ended up with an Eastman AC720 instead. Martins are great instruments though.
only a DRS1, on the lower end of the Martin spectrum, I couldn't afford a top of the line, but it still sounds great
Old 09-18-2014, 06:07 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoGlenn View Post
only a DRS1, on the lower end of the Martin spectrum, I couldn't afford a top of the line, but it still sounds great

I've always felt like the DRS's are great guitars an way under appreciated just because they're not super expensive. A while back I was looking at one but didn't have the money at the time. I wasn't a huge fan of the neck, but it played well and sounded pretty good. I'd love an all mahogany Martin at some point though.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:58 AM   #78
Redneck Tech
JonEvans56 is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
JonEvans56's Tacoma Gallery
I play the tuba. I occasionally play the piano, and guitar.My guitar is a Hamer xt series with a fender mustang 2 amp. Got it a while back from my dad.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:50 AM   #79
Mathen is a splendid one to beholdMathen is a splendid one to beholdMathen is a splendid one to beholdMathen is a splendid one to beholdMathen is a splendid one to beholdMathen is a splendid one to behold

Army: Disabled Vet
Mathen's Tacoma Gallery
I am on of the most mediocre guitar players and drummers you will ever meet.

I have a kid, however, that is a bona fide musical prodigy. She can play any instrument she touches.

My basement looks like a fire sale at a music store we have so many different instruments. Or maybe a pawn shop.