Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Linkin Park-A Thousand Suns What do you think?

View Poll Results: wadda you think?
Best album by linkin park 0 0%
good album 3 10.34%
could be better 8 27.59%
hate it 18 62.07%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-21-2010, 01:36 AM   #1
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
Linkin Park-A Thousand Suns What do you think?

I got the new album a thousand suns by linkin park and i wanted to see what you guys think about the album.
i have only listened through it once but i really don't like it at all... the only songs i like are the catalyst (which i didn't like in the first place but i got used to it) and the other song is Wretches and Kings, which i think that is an AWESOME song.

Soooooo wadda you think?
Old 09-21-2010, 02:05 AM   #2
I Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shedI Liquid I is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I Liquid I's Tacoma Gallery
I personally think its horrible.

I remember their first album. I was in school. It was so fucking awesome. Then by Meteora they still did something similar and it was awesome. Then by Minutes to Midnight they changed a lot but still kept some of that initial "UMMMMPHH". Now with this, its just nothing like what they used to play. It doesnt even make sense. Only people who seem to like it are arrogant bastards who think they understand political shit better than others...

/end rant
Old 09-21-2010, 02:11 AM   #3
Who Inspires You?
Tool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant futureTool has a brilliant future

Tool's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Tool
going to d/l when i get home
Old 09-21-2010, 02:14 AM   #4
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
i've only heard catalyst so far...will check the full album out this week
Old 09-21-2010, 02:16 AM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know man...Never really been a HUGE LP fan to begin with but theres some great songs off Hybrid Theory and Meteroa...but lately there music is weird...
Old 09-21-2010, 02:20 AM   #6
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
oh man! pretty bad cd...wtf is up with these tracks that have no words or are just words and no real music like "the radiance"...the tracks that have lyrics and music are okay but i think they kinda messed up haha
Old 09-21-2010, 02:32 AM   #7
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
...but lately there music is weird...
+1. Although I'm a huge Linkin Park fan myself, I didn't know whether I liked the direction they were going and how they were changing their sound. Yes, it's arguable that no one wants to hear the same things over and over again, but I feel this change was almost drastic and came out of nowhere. I decided to buy the new album, not knowing what to expect. At first, I couldn't decide whether I had wasted my $10, but in the end I decided that some songs stuck out to me. I really like Tracks 3 ("Burning in the Skies"), 8 ("Waiting for the End"), and 10 ("Wretches and Kings"). Even "The Catalyst" grew on me. Overall, I feel that this album is pretty easy to get used to and enjoy after listening to it a few times.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:35 AM   #8
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid hurts. View Post
+1. Although I'm a huge Linkin Park fan myself, I didn't know whether I liked the direction they were going and how they were changing their sound. Yes, it's arguable that no one wants to hear the same things over and over again, but I feel this change was almost drastic and came out of nowhere. I decided to buy the new album, not knowing what to expect. At first, I couldn't decide whether I had wasted my $10, but in the end I decided that some songs stuck out to me. I really like Tracks 3 ("Burning in the Skies"), 8 ("Waiting for the End"), and 10 ("Wretches and Kings"). Even "The Catalyst" grew on me. Overall, I feel that this album is pretty easy to get used to and enjoy after listening to it a few times.
the ones u listed are the ones that are growing on me too...i guess i just have to get used to it
Old 09-21-2010, 06:55 AM   #9
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
they have totaly sucked dick after their first album. down down down hill after that
Old 09-21-2010, 07:04 AM   #10
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
I wasn't a fan of their last album so I kind of eventually tuned them out. I didn't even know they came out with a new one.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:18 AM   #11
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
It sucks ass and as for that catalyst song, it's played out now. I hate radio stations. They play the same shit over and over again forgetting about all the decades of great music and only play new stuff until we hate it. Linkin Park should've just stopped at their last album.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:20 AM   #12
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Oh and I would like to add that my buddy bought the cd and we listened to it on my way home. So glad I didn't pay money for it and I didn't even ask to burn it.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:05 PM   #13
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
ya i really didn't like the direction that they went. i wish they could go back towards the first album
Old 09-22-2010, 12:53 PM   #14
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
I think it is even worse than the last one.. Minutes to Midnight and that one sucked ass!!!

The first 3 albums are the best work in my opinion, with reanimation being the best of the 3.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:17 PM   #15
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
they have totaly sucked dick after their first album. down down down hill after that
x2...
not to get off topic, but WTF happened to Greenday?? they used to be one of my favorite bands, back when they were PUNK! now there all gay n' emo....
Old 09-23-2010, 11:40 AM   #16
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool View Post
going to d/l when i get home
I'm quite sure I don't know what you mean but I refuse to spend money on music anymore...just to Xspensive when you can record off the radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I don't know man...Never really been a HUGE LP fan to begin with but theres some great songs off Hybrid Theory and Meteroa...but lately there music is weird...
Well, I do like the older stuff but agree with the weirdness of late.

BTW......I AM NOT TOO OLD TO BE POSTING IN THIS THREAD!
Old 09-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #17
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
x2...
not to get off topic, but WTF happened to Greenday?? they used to be one of my favorite bands, back when they were PUNK! now there all gay n' emo....
more like they are anti america now. fuck those douchy turds...

I despise greenday
Old 09-23-2010, 02:35 PM   #18
MaidenFan will become famous soon enoughMaidenFan will become famous soon enough

Name: Jason
MaidenFan's Tacoma Gallery
Just listened to the amazon.com previews....not impressed at all! Commendable for trying new things, but...no thank you.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:10 PM   #19
thecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thecoldone06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
x3
Old 09-23-2010, 03:16 PM   #20
Duff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to beholdDuff Man is a splendid one to behold
Marines: Ammunition Technician, Marine Corps Security Force Regiment
Name: Sean
Duff Man's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Duff Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
x2...
They were one of my favorite bands when I was in high school. Then they started getting political and ragging on the military accusing service members of being murderers and rapists just because they went to Iraq. The same thing with Rise Against. As for the new LP cd.. haven't heard it yet and from reading on here doesn't seem like it's too good.