Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Underground Hip-Hop

Old 01-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #1
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb Underground Hip-Hop

I searched and saw a couple people had posted some artists but I wanted to see who all listens to the underground and what artists. Also a way for us to stay on top of current artists or new projects our favorites are working on. I used to have all the Hiero and Atmosphere albums but I'm way behind now after the Overtime record. So who are your favorite artists? What is some new stuff? Feel free to post links and vids to songs!

Here's my list:
Hieroglyphics especially Del, Souls, Tajai, and Pep
Atmosphere
Zion I
Sage Francis
Brother Ali
POS
Non-Prophets
Visionaries
Soulsides/Quannum

This is the song that got me into Souls of Mischief when I saw it on Mack Dawg's True Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mt3vZHDiM8
Old 01-12-2011, 11:33 PM   #2
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Blue scholars. Ground up sounds. del the funky homosapien. Jurrassic 5.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:46 PM   #3
TACOMANATOR
TRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TRDBandit's Tacoma Gallery
Jedi mind tricks
Army of the Pharaohs
atmosphere
Immortal technique
Talib kweli
A tribe called quest
outerspace
Mos Def
Lupe fiasco
common
Felt
Apathy
Dilated peoples
Rythemfest
the procussions
Blue scholars
AZ
Old 01-12-2011, 11:49 PM   #4
JayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud ofJayARRGHH has much to be proud of
Name: Jay
JayARRGHH's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldnt consider Lupe underground at all. however he is good. And mos def is awesome.
Also check out
Alpha MC
Dumfounded
Wax
D-pryde
Palmer Squares
Prince EA

you'll have to youtube most of em
Old 01-12-2011, 11:51 PM   #5
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post
This is the song that got me into Souls of Mischief when I saw it on Mack Dawg's True Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mt3vZHDiM8
Souls of Mischief/Heiroglyphics also got me into underground hip hop
Old 01-12-2011, 11:52 PM   #6
TACOMANATOR
TRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TRDBandit's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dfPPbm1ETA
Old 01-13-2011, 12:01 AM   #7
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot immortal technique and a tribe called quest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDBandit View Post
Jedi mind tricks
Army of the Pharaohs
atmosphere
Immortal technique
Talib kweli
A tribe called quest
outerspace
Mos Def
Lupe fiasco
common
Felt
Apathy
Dilated peoples
Rythemfest
the procussions
Blue scholars
AZ
Old 01-13-2011, 12:14 AM   #8
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
The Last Emporer
One Be Lo
Benefit
Deltron 3030
Binary Star
Ras Kass
Robust
Federals

Many more but cant think off the top of my head right now...

This one always makes me laugh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4PHi...eature=related
Old 01-13-2011, 12:15 AM   #9
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Blue Scholars allllllllll day.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:16 AM   #10
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDBandit View Post
Jedi mind tricks
Army of the Pharaohs
atmosphere
Immortal technique
Talib kweli
A tribe called quest
outerspace
Mos Def
Lupe fiasco
common
Felt
Apathy
Dilated peoples
Rythemfest
the procussions
Blue scholars
AZ
i wouldnt consider Mos Def, Lupe Fiasco, Common and Tribe Called Quest underground... they all make good music tho
Old 01-13-2011, 12:18 AM   #11
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck you haha. Ground up has talent. And you would put deltron 3030. Haha I already put it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
The Last Emporer
One Be Lo
Benefit
Deltron 3030
Binary Star
Ras Kass
Robust
Federals

Many more but cant think off the top of my head right now...

This one always makes me laugh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4PHi...eature=related
Old 01-13-2011, 12:25 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
Fuck you haha. Ground up has talent. And you would put deltron 3030. Haha I already put it.
No, you just put Del tha Funkee Homosapien. Deltron 3030 is Del, Dan the Automator and Dj Kid Koala. Learn yo shit son
Old 01-13-2011, 12:26 AM   #13
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Lick on mah nutzzz haha that's what I meant. You want talentless look up lil b hoes on my dick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
No, you just put Del tha Funkee Homosapien. Deltron 3030 is Del, Dan the Automator and Dj Kid Koala. Learn yo shit son
Old 01-13-2011, 12:31 AM   #14
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Speaking of underground hip hop, my buddy made a music video for these these local guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vT_sUIsGFg
Old 01-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #15
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
just a few of my favorites
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY5U6vPusEM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJVVP...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sFxb60NyxU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyru_Zt23Mk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrvvDnFGfjY
Old 01-13-2011, 01:50 PM   #16
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s5wPO-QcVw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO18F...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3xlXrNc7jE
this might not be considered underground
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSb0zt53RSs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYacKvXAz40
Old 01-13-2011, 01:52 PM   #17
Cutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCutter29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Air medical pilot
Cutter29's Tacoma Gallery
Living legends and any of the guys solo. Eligh, grouch, scarub etc...
Old 01-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #18
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
anything with Del
MF Doom and all his other wacky names haha
immortal tech.
i guess i can stand Necro
Murs
AOTP
jedi mind tricks
Old 01-13-2011, 02:03 PM   #19

favorite del song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0xDG...eature=related