Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

guitar help

Old 03-08-2011, 07:02 AM   #1
Im so hungry i can ride a horse...
kmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
kmrofka's Tacoma Gallery
guitar help

well guys ive been looking at getting a gibson les paul studio does any one have any negative feedback on this guitar besides the price
Old 03-08-2011, 07:05 AM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
It's a work of art and sounds beautiful. Only downside I ever noticed was that it was a bit bulky when playing sitting down, but that was probably because I was accustomed to playing an SG.

Post pics when you get it. Love those things!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:11 AM   #3
kmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmrofka is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
kmrofka's Tacoma Gallery
yeah im taking my amp to get repaired so i figured id look at the les pauls while i was up there
Old 03-08-2011, 07:16 AM   #4

Law Enforcement:
kmrofka's Tacoma Gallery
my biggest issue is that i dont really need a new guitar. i have 4 but i just dont feel like my collection is complete without a les paul.
ive got a
1965 gibson es 125
1960's fender mustang
2001 american strat
and a 2006 lite ash tele
so im just torn as to what to do
Old 03-08-2011, 07:26 AM   #5
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
3 Fenders and only one Gibson? Yes, you need another Gibson for sure!!
As for the LP Studio, I don't know, I've read good and bad things, but that goes for pretty much any guitar. Personally, I have a Les Paul Traditional (as well as an SG Standard) and love it. If you think the Studio version is overpriced, just compare it to the Traditional or even the Custom line!!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:28 AM   #6

Law Enforcement:
kmrofka's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i know if i was still playing in a band i would go for one of the higher end ones but this is now just for playing in my room and maybe some stuff down the road so i can justify 3000
Old 03-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #7
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
It depends on what kind of music you play- I can't hang with just humbuckers and a tune-o-matic bridge, I suppose if it's your 5th guitar that doesn't really matter. I love my frankenstrat with all the mojo mods so much that I loaned out my Les Paul because it just collects dust.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:58 AM   #8

Law Enforcement:
kmrofka's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i dont have any that have humbuckers so im looking to get a little of that sweet humbucking tone ill let you guys know im heading off now
Old 03-08-2011, 08:19 AM   #9
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
A few years ago I was looking to buy a used LP studio just to satisfy my humbucker desires. I tried a singlecut PRS SE and really liked it. I later gutted it out and had Seymour Duncan 59's installed with ungraded switches and wireing. Its plays great, is lighter than a LP and satisfied my needs. I probably have $1100.00 invested. Just a thought.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #10

Law Enforcement:
kmrofka's Tacoma Gallery
well i went with the les paul studio heres all them together

and then the les paul

Old 03-09-2011, 07:46 AM   #11
RLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedRLDTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrofka View Post
well i went with the les paul studio heres all them together

and then the les paul

Good choice. I like!
Old 03-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #12
poynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to beholdpoynter is a splendid one to behold

Name: Tony
poynter's Tacoma Gallery
Nice LP. Is it faded cherry? Ive got an SG that is faded cherry and they just started making them with the worn/faded cherry finish again. I think mines pretty rare as it has the crescent moon inlays. I have always liked LP's better than SG's but the SG was one of those deals I couldnt pass up. Glad I didnt I love how light the SG is. Is the studio pretty heavy?
Old 03-09-2011, 07:54 AM   #13

Law Enforcement:
kmrofka's Tacoma Gallery
its not as heavy as i thought it would be but then again 10 pounds isnt much to carry around
Old 03-09-2011, 07:59 AM   #14
tacoriffic has a spectacular aura abouttacoriffic has a spectacular aura about

Name: Greg
tacoriffic's Tacoma Gallery
I have been itching to add to my collection. I have been eying the PRS's lately. My wife always says "Why do you need another guitar, you can only play one at a time?".
Old 03-09-2011, 08:10 AM   #15
Lichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shedLichen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lichen's Tacoma Gallery
Guitars are like guns. You can NEVER have too many. Very nice collection.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:24 AM   #16

Law Enforcement:
kmrofka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoriffic View Post
I have been itching to add to my collection. I have been eying the PRS's lately. My wife always says "Why do you need another guitar, you can only play one at a time?".
tell her that there is more than one type of music you need one for every style lol and thanks for the compliments
Old 03-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #17

RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrofka View Post
tell her that there is more than one type of music you need one for every style lol and thanks for the compliments
I find that its easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. Hey my wife is the same way, They just don't seem to understand.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #18

Law Enforcement:
kmrofka's Tacoma Gallery
OH I GOT IT.... Ask her how come she need so many shoes or purses she can only wear or hold one at a time. bam! there we go guys buy away
Old 03-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #19

RLDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Buy away, but be prepared for the Consequences. LOL
Old 03-09-2011, 09:57 AM   #20

Law Enforcement:
kmrofka's Tacoma Gallery
just make sure you lose the reciept you cant return it with out it