LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Alice in Chains

Old 05-17-2011, 04:27 AM   #1
TENNESSEE VOL
burnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud of

Army: CPT (Public Affairs Officer) OEF 11-12, RC East
Name: Tucker
burnseason's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to burnseason
Alice in Chains

any AiC fans in TW? i recently had the latest record released in 2009 sent here and i think its absolutely unreal. Jerry Cantrell never ceases to amaze me. My favorite song by AiC will always be Nutshell. The pain in Layne's voice and Jerry's guitar solo just kills me everytime i hear it. great band and IMO the BEST of the grunge scene.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:05 AM   #2
thecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthecoldone06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thecoldone06's Tacoma Gallery
+1 love AIC. Burn Season is also a good band!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:06 AM   #3
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
get born again....
Old 05-17-2011, 07:14 AM   #4
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Aic ftmfw
Old 05-17-2011, 07:15 AM   #5
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
/\ this!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:31 AM   #7
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^^^^^But the music jams on............yes, some 50 yr old folks like that kinda shit. I'm one.....
Old 05-17-2011, 07:44 AM   #8
TENNESSEE VOL
burnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud ofburnseason has much to be proud of

i was doubtful when i heard jerry was bringing in duvall as a new vocalist... but i was floored when i heard "a looking in view"!!!! the new record is some of AiC's best ever! nothing can top DIRT though. Would? and Dam That River are just epic grunge tracks.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:59 AM   #9
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
RIP Layne. And don't forget the most recent AIC victim of drugs, bassist Mike Starr.

I'm happy to see AIC continue on. Cantrell did a hell of a job keeping the music heavy.

I like the tracks on the new CD where Cantrell is the primary singer. I'm not a fan of Duvall singing for AIC, to be honest.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:07 AM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Great band.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:09 AM   #11
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Layne Staley is dead
+1
Old 05-17-2011, 08:10 AM   #12
TENNESSEE VOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3 View Post
RIP Layne. And don't forget the most recent AIC victim of drugs, bassist Mike Starr.

I'm happy to see AIC continue on. Cantrell did a hell of a job keeping the music heavy.

I like the tracks on the new CD where Cantrell is the primary singer. I'm not a fan of Duvall singing for AIC, to be honest.

layne could never be replaced i will give you that and yes, i like cantrell way better than duvall. i think, honestly, cantrell coulda made this record without duvall period... he plays all the guitar and sings on damn near every song... a looking in view is my favorite.. the album closer is just sick... what a great way to tribute layne.. RIP Staley.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:15 AM   #13
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone seen the cantrell G&L strat? I played one last week and that fcker is heavy!!
Old 05-17-2011, 08:18 AM   #14
TacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacPro45 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
TacPro45's Tacoma Gallery
I was skeptical about Duvall too until I saw them live... Epic.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:20 AM   #15
TENNESSEE VOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacPro45 View Post
I was skeptical about Duvall too until I saw them live... Epic.

so he is good live?

how heavy was cantrell's axe?
Old 05-17-2011, 08:20 AM   #16
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
^^^^^^^^^But the music jams on............yes, some 50 yr old folks like that kinda shit. I'm one.....
I love Alice in Chains Gramps
Old 05-17-2011, 08:21 AM   #17
TENNESSEE VOL

what is everyone's favorite AiC song? mine is Nutshell, then Would?, then A Looking in View.

those are my top 3. but layne and Jerry have sooooo many that are unreal.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #18
96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed96Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

96Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnseason View Post
what is everyone's favorite AiC song? mine is Nutshell, then Would?, then A Looking in View.

those are my top 3. but layne and Jerry have sooooo many that are unreal.
Rooster, man in the box, rooster, check my brain, NO EXCUSES, Angry Chair (prob favourite? hard to say tho) and down in a hole i guess, our band use to play it, in the high school days! oh and Them Bones is sick too

do u like STP?
Old 05-17-2011, 08:29 AM   #19
TENNESSEE VOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Taco View Post
Rooster, man in the box, rooster, check my brain, NO EXCUSES, Angry Chair (prob favourite? hard to say tho) and down in a hole i guess, our band use to play it, in the high school days! oh and Them Bones is sick too

do u like STP?

huge fan of weiland and the pilots. but bigger fan of alice in chains. them bones is such a sick opener. check my brain is a great riff... jerry shreds it on that one.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:43 AM   #20
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Rooster for sure, Man in the box close second - what a great band!