Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment > Music

Notices

One band for the rest of your life.

View Poll Results: Side poll, best of the Big 5 in 80's/90's metal.
Anthrax 1 0.78%
Metallica 50 39.06%
Megadeth 4 3.13%
Slayer 5 3.91%
Pantera 23 17.97%
Don't listen to metal 30 23.44%
Slam dancing FTW! 4 3.13%
I prefer the skin flute 11 8.59%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2011, 07:41 PM   #1
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
One band for the rest of your life.

If the shit hit the fan, and you had to hold onto a collection of one band's music (be it on mp3, cd, tape, a-trac, or vinyl ) for the rest of your life what would it be, and WHY? I got asked this question today, and after 12 hours of thinking I came up with Deftones. Why? Because (for me) they cover the spectrum from chill music to kill music. It was not an easy decision, but I'm happy with it. Metallica, Pantera, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Frank Sinatra (yes really), and Dream Theater were close runner ups. So lets see what you all got.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Ah but theres the beauty of MP3 players

I can retain my entire collection
Old 08-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
Screw you guys, I'm going home.
06aztaco is a splendid one to behold06aztaco is a splendid one to behold06aztaco is a splendid one to behold06aztaco is a splendid one to behold06aztaco is a splendid one to behold06aztaco is a splendid one to behold06aztaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cole
06aztaco's Tacoma Gallery
Original Alice In Chains
Old 08-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
Does The Noise In My Head Bother You?
tmcmanus7 is just really nicetmcmanus7 is just really nicetmcmanus7 is just really nicetmcmanus7 is just really nicetmcmanus7 is just really nice

Name: Tyler
tmcmanus7's Tacoma Gallery
Aerosmith no question. I already have all of their stuff.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #5
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
The Black Keys.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:46 PM   #6
mentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmentose457 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mentose457's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting question. I would have to go with Thrice. Why? Diversity of sound and content.

Old 08-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #7
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Ah but theres the beauty of MP3 players

I can retain my entire collection
Just give it some thought. The scenario was meant to be format irrelevant.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
Unofficial member of the Rebel Alliance
robgeetar is on a distinguished road

Name: Robert
robgeetar's Tacoma Gallery
Dream Theater is an amazing band, there's always so much I find new. I chose Metallica for the poll but as an 80's guy anything is great, metal, classic metal, classic rock, hard rock.

Top of my list:
Van Halen
Dream Theater
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Old 08-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #9
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Marilyn Manson. Interesting lyrics, tons of material covering several genres, and his remixs are awesome.

Check out my Last.fm page if you really want to see what I listen. Great website. Scrobbles all the music you listen too and will make recommendations based off your taste. Very accurate too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcmanus7 View Post
Aerosmith no question. I already have all of their stuff.
Hands down the most incredible band I have ever seen live. If they ever return to Jacksonville I'll definitely be going.

Voted Pantera in the poll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmS-JuVvVf4
Old 08-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #10
03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future03aztaco has a brilliant future

Name: adam
03aztaco's Tacoma Gallery
transplants for sure
Old 08-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgeetar View Post
Dream Theater is an amazing band, there's always so much I find new. I chose Metallica for the poll but as an 80's guy anything is great, metal, classic metal, classic rock, hard rock.

Top of my list:
Van Halen
Dream Theater
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Dream Theater is so awesome man. I'm on the fence about the radio play they have been getting. I liked it when they were a cult underground following.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #12
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
credence clearwater revival
Old 08-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #13
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Hank jr
Old 08-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #14
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
http://youtu.be/QiMb08L2-cg
Old 08-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #15

Oh, FTR I chose Pantera in the poll. Metallica's music was epic! Love how thrashy Anthrax has stayed over the years. Megadeth always takes you on a journey. Slayer will guide you to destory. But Pantera is pure unadulterated anger, aggression, and havoc.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:56 PM   #16
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Hank jr
i like hank too....
http://youtu.be/ObUVJsmGucU
Old 08-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog777 View Post
Dream Theater is so awesome man. I'm on the fence about the radio play they have been getting. I liked it when they were a cult underground following.
Yeah I know what you mean, they don't get any airplay over here. Unless you're tuned into satellite radio, and even then, not much. In a way that's great though, cuz it still feels like only a limited bunch of fans who aren't hopping on any wagon
Old 08-03-2011, 09:51 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGM View Post
Marty Friedman ftw! saw them for the Rust in peace 20th anniversary and no concert has topped it so far in brutality or intenseness. And that's after hitting maiden in the pit
Old 08-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #19
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
AFI
Old 08-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #20
Oregon Edition
RAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAPR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
RAPR's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a cowboy from hell....pantera